A B A adds 22nd expansion team...

... in Bakersfield, California. At this rate, the ABA threatens - in a single offseason - to expand by as many teams as the NBA already counts in its membership.

And when it comes to the ABA and its quality of play/management, I do mean THREATENS to expand!!!

Is it just me, or does anybody else think that the reason Joe Newman keeps handing out expansion franchises is that he's just trying to cover himself for the inevitable day when 95.9 % of the league's announced teams for 2004-05 go "belly up"? He's probably thinking, "Well, if we announce thirty-or-so teams... five or six of them have actually got to make it to the end of the season, right?"

Brian in Boston

Um, wouldn't we like to know if the logo B, B and S all at the same time...like the rest of them?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Um, wouldn't we like to know if the logo B, B and S all at the same time...like the rest of them?

You going to say that for every team?

Back on topic.. I heard there was almost a 23rd, but the metro area was later determined to be a traffic jam on a rural section of 1-95.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

damn...what are they tryin to pull, Guinness Book of World Records for most expansion teams admitted in one offseason? :blink:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This league is a total joke lets sign up 10 guys or a playground in the projects and we can have a team for the board, we will have to pick a city to play in though.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

They may add a 23rd team before you know it. Apparently, they're in conversations with an ownership group in Ontario, California (East of Los angeles). The group is headed up by a minister who is a mover and shaker in the community.

Wasn't Sweetness trying to get a football team in Ontario?

"Um, wouldn't we like to know if the logo B, B and S all at the same time...like the rest of them?"

"You going to say that for every team?"

No, because 1) it's the standard ABA expansion logo Running Joke, and 2) every ABA expansion logo does B, B and S at the same time, WiB! :lol:

They may add a 23rd team before you know it. Apparently, they're in conversations with an ownership group in Ontario, California (East of Los angeles). The group is headed up by a minister who is a mover and shaker in the community.

Not lately, he wasn't.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Not lately, he wasn't.

He was actually a part of the St. Louis NFL Partnership (a/k/a the St. Louis Stallions).

"Um, wouldn't we like to know if the logo B, B and S all at the same time...like the rest of them?"

No, because 1) it's the standard ABA expansion logo Running Joke, and 2) every ABA expansion logo does B, B and S at the same time, WiB! :lol:

correction:

it's your standard ABA expansion logo running joke.

still keeping up with that carrot toppish standard you have set. time to raise the bar.

It's almost like the "Critic"...

"It Stinks"

"It Stinks"

"It Stinks"

"It Stinks"

"Yes, Mr. Sherman, everything stinks"

This commentary has spread to every other logo you don't like. "BBS" has lost all meaning.

It's origination was funny "How can something suck and blow at the same time?" I never included Biting in that either.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

yeah, i'll sign 10 scrubs off the street, name myself player-owner, hire a local legend as coach and be called Space Pirates :hockeysmiley:

seriously, how much do i need to get my own ABA team? 5 bucks? cus that's what it seems like :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

"No, because 1) it's YOUR standard ABA expansion logo Running Joke, and 2) every ABA expansion logo does B, B and S at the same time, WiB!" :lol:

"Still keeping up with that 'Carrot Top'-ish standard you have set. Time to raise the bar."

Yeah, but only if YOU get past your Jeff Foxworthy level of humor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"No, because 1) it's YOUR standard ABA expansion logo Running Joke, and 2) every ABA expansion logo does B, B and S at the same time, WiB!" :lol:

"Still keeping up with that 'Carrot Top'-ish standard you have set. Time to raise the bar."

Yeah, but only if YOU get past your Jeff Foxworthy level of humor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ugh. :wacko:

Archived