The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Haha the over exuberance of all the Coyote trolls is funny and kinda sad at the same time. Did you guys just have a "Coyotes lose" gif folder just waiting on your desktop or what?

I'm thinking yes. It's deserved.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dustin :censored: ing Penner? wow. I'm still in disbelief. Guess who's having IHOP tomorrow?

0af803a2a49811e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Dustin Brown is emerging as one of the dirtiest skill players in the league. Unreal what he gets away with.

Dirty? No. He plays hockey like it's suppose to be played, from whistle to whistle. Maybe if your team didn't just give up, you wouldn't have to watch Dustin Brown and real hockey! Let's all be honest here, the Blues performance against the Kings was utterly pathetic.

...or in this case AFTER the whistle

It was just a collision. He didn't stick out his knee.

It wasn't JUST a collision. Brown lays a hit (and that's regardless of the leg) on him. He doesn't let up whatsoever and just collide. He thrusts his shoulder upward and lays a hard hit. And in my view, he stuck the leg out, too. I don't know about the knee-on-knee, but he extended his leg.

Sorry, I don't see it. It just doesn't look like he stuck out his leg. Without that it's just a collision. An unfortunate one, yes, but it wasn't dirty.

Smith's swipe at Richards after the game winning goal though? That's dirty. Doan continuing his b!tch fit in the handshake line? That's dirty. Coyotes fans littering the ice with trash? That's dirty (literally).

The leg is debatable. I think he widens his stride as he approaches for the hit. I also still don't buy it as just a collision, because it's AFTER THE WHISTLE. Again, he didn't have enough time to not make contact, but he did have enough time to not lay a hit. And Brown, beyond debate, lays into Rozsival with a hard hit.

Smith's swipe at Richards sounds dirty. I haven't watched that one much. I originally thought he was just banging his paddle in frustration, but it sounds like that's not the case. I haven't enjoyed Smith's antics either.

Doan calling out Brown in the handshake line isn't dirty. That doesn't even make sense. I suppose you can call it unclassy or something. I disagree. He (defensibly at worst) believes that Brown just laid a cheap shot on his teammate mere moments ago. Traditionally you get over what happened in the series and congratulate the other team because ultimately you respected how they played, etc., etc. Maybe Doan doesn't, and I don't blame him. He believes it was a cheap shot, and I'm not sure how you can expect him to just forgive that within minutes.

The trash throwing was lame and always is. I hate seeing that.

Dustin Brown is emerging as one of the dirtiest skill players in the league. Unreal what he gets away with.

Dirty? No. He plays hockey like it's suppose to be played, from whistle to whistle. Maybe if your team didn't just give up, you wouldn't have to watch Dustin Brown and real hockey! Let's all be honest here, the Blues performance against the Kings was utterly pathetic.

...or in this case AFTER the whistle

It was just a collision. He didn't through his knee.

It wasn't JUST a collision. Brown lays a hit (and that's regardless of the leg) on him. He doesn't let up whatsoever and just collide. He thrusts his shoulder upward and lays a hard hit. And in my view, he stuck the leg out, too. I don't know about the knee-on-knee, but he extended his leg.

What was he suppose to do. The whistle 2 seconds before the hit. He can't stop. I guess you are on the Milburry bandwagon and have no clue on hockey, nor do you even have a clue about physics. Even Roenick said there was no way that Brown could've stopped. Brown is going probably 25 miles an hour, and he can't stop in five feet. Obviously you failed physics. It was hockey, and if you don't like a good, clean hit, then stop watching. Then again you're talking dirty hockey, and have you talked about how dirty the Coyotes play and how Michal Rozsival was suspended for a clear board that in the regular season would've been five game and he only got one and that Shane Doan got away without a suspension, and Mike Smith not only got away with a slash on Dustin Brown. Oh and who can forget the "cleanest" player in Raffi Torres. I'm sorry, but Phoenix has always been a dirty team and then when you play them hard, they cry and whine about it. I wasn't shocked by Doan's reaction to Brown as Brown threw a clean check on a Phoenix player in their last game and Doan blew a gasket and had to show how tough he is by challenging Brown to a fight. Phoenix is a dirty team and they don't like being played hard.

Oh, and really, Dustin Penner? "I didn't get to enjoy the Finals as much as I should have the first time."

YOU WON LAST TIME, YOU ASSHAT.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

People wouldn't care about the postgame bitching if it weren't 1) the team captain and 2) a team captain who has somehow gained a reputation as One Of Hockey's Good Guys because he owns a horse ranch and hasn't been traded. We can all laugh about the "house team" thing, but the truth is that with all the diving, chirping, and lobbying both on and off the ice, the team comported themselves with an unshakable sense that they felt something was owed to them, something the fans even got in on at the end. Reminiscent?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What was he suppose to do. The whistle 2 seconds before the hit. He can't stop. I guess you are on the Milburry bandwagon and have no clue on hockey, nor do you even have a clue about physics. Even Roenick said there was no way that Brown could've stopped. Brown is going probably 25 miles an hour, and he can't stop in five feet. Obviously you failed physics. It was hockey, and if you don't like a good, clean hit, then stop watching. Then again you're talking dirty hockey, and have you talked about how dirty the Coyotes play and how Michal Rozsival was suspended for a clear board that in the regular season would've been five game and he only got one and that Shane Doan got away without a suspension, and Mike Smith not only got away with a slash on Dustin Brown. Oh and who can forget the "cleanest" player in Raffi Torres. I'm sorry, but Phoenix has always been a dirty team and then when you play them hard, they cry and whine about it. I wasn't shocked by Doan's reaction to Brown as Brown threw a clean check on a Phoenix player in their last game and Doan blew a gasket and had to show how tough he is by challenging Brown to a fight. Phoenix is a dirty team and they don't like being played hard.

So they're the southern equivalent of the Canucks. Hooray for their elimination!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't agree with you so I don't understand hockey or physics. K.

Just because we all know Milbury as a dumb GM... he played hockey too... what he says is every bit as relevant as what JR says. And I'm with Milbury. No, Brown could not have avoided contact. Yes, Brown could have avoided laying a hit (and a dirty one at that) on him.

Watch the replay. Brown doesn't just skate into him. Let's ignore the leg part for a minute and just focus on the hit. Brown throws a shoulder into Roszival. You're telling me he couldn't avoid that? He doesn't belong on the ice if that's the case.

He may get a game or to knowing Shanny. It was kind of a cheap shot but if he Yotes would have focused after it we may be still playing this game.Could have gone 3-4 OTs

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The leg is debatable. I think he widens his stride as he approaches for the hit. I also still don't buy it as just a collision, because it's AFTER THE WHISTLE. Again, he didn't have enough time to not make contact, but he did have enough time to not lay a hit. And Brown, beyond debate, lays into Rozsival with a hard hit.

Yes, he does lay in a hard hit. The thing is, though, that sometimes you find yourself in a situation where you've already committed yourself to a check and the whistle doesn't give you a lot of time to avoid it. It sucks when it happens. No one wants to see it, but it does happen. Doesn't make anyone a dirty player. Just two guys in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Smith's swipe at Richards sounds dirty. I haven't watched that one much. I originally thought he was just banging his paddle in frustration, but it sounds like that's not the case. I haven't enjoyed Smith's antics either.

He clearly goes after Richards.

When Hextall did that kind of thing it was because he was insane. When Smith does it it's because he's a whiny, petulant child.

Doan calling out Brown in the handshake line isn't dirty. That doesn't even make sense. I suppose you can call it unclassy or something. I disagree. He (defensibly at worst) believes that Brown just laid a cheap shot on his teammate mere moments ago. Traditionally you get over what happened in the series and congratulate the other team because ultimately you respected how they played, etc., etc. Maybe Doan doesn't, and I don't blame him. He believes it was a cheap shot, and I'm not sure how you can expect him to just forgive that within minutes.

Hehe. Lets look at the bold part. The handshake's supposed to be where you congratulate the other team on a hard won series. You put what happened in the series aside, for just a few moments, and play the part of the gracious sportsman. He could have vented and aired his complaint in a post-game interview. He could have gone on Twitter and complained about the hit all he wanted. I'm not saying he has to "forgive" Brown for anything. At least pretend to be a class act in the handshake line, though.

I grew up playing hockey, and after every game, at every level, we did the handshake thing. As teenagers we'd get chewed out by our coaches if we did something like what Doan did. He's a grown man. A captain in the NHL. He ought to act like it.

Which is a big part of my problem with this Coyotes team (aside from the 3+ years of league ownership and government subsidies bringing ruin to the community). Between Shane Doan complaining all the way through the end of the game and the handshake line and Mike Smith's antics it just seems like a team of petulant children. A team that throws a temper tantrum when things don't go their way.

The trash throwing was lame and always is. I hate seeing that.

It just furthers my perception of this team and organization as being classless.

Granted they're not "burn down the city" bad, but still.

well congrats to the Kings of the West, hopefully we will be seeing you in Newark next week.

Oh btw its pronounced NORK its not NEW ARK its NORK.

I thought it was "Nooerk," rhymes with "you work." Are you saying it rhymes with "pork"?

well congrats to the Kings of the West, hopefully we will be seeing you in Newark next week.

What? NEW YORK? Okay!

6uXNWAo.png

You've gotta be :censored:ing me.... Okay, so following Game 5 (and his post-goal cheapshot), Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith says "Dustin Brown should be suspended forever".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure if he's kidding, but if he's not then this just furthers my "team of petulant children" point.

I thought it was "Nooerk," rhymes with "you work." Are you saying it rhymes with "pork"?

Yes, that is how we locals say Newark it rhymes with pork.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

[wishfulthinking]Oh hey, so now that the Coyotes are eliminated, all the groaning and pointing out the lack of class can go in the golf thread and out of here, right? Right?[/wishfulthinking]

Seriously guys, they're gone. Done. Not even relevant now. Do you all really have to keep complaining about 'em here? There's no point. Kings won the West, and there's still a series in the East. That's all that's relevant now.

(Really not trying to pick anything with anyone. It just gets really annoying and repetitive, that's all. We get it, guys. We get it.)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Smith got a ceremonial game misconduct for flying at the referee while brandishing his stick like a deranged knight. He can go ram his stick so far up his ass that he clears pucks with his mouth, for all I care.

EDIT: Doan got one too but I didn't see what he did to threaten an official. Good Guy, though.

[wishfulthinking]Oh hey, so now that the Coyotes are eliminated, all the groaning and pointing out the lack of class can go in the golf thread and out of here, right? Right?[/wishfulthinking]

Seriously guys, they're gone. Done. Not even relevant now. Do you all really have to keep complaining about 'em here? There's no point. Kings won the West, and there's still a series in the East. That's all that's relevant now.

Give it 12 hours, no one in this thread will be talking about the Coyotes.

It isn't unreasonable for people to comment on the happenings of a game that JUST ended though.

Give it 12 hours, no one in this thread will be talking about the Coyotes.

It isn't unreasonable for people to comment on the happenings of a game that JUST ended though.

I suppose you're right. I'm just saying "we get it", that's all. No need to stretch it farther than it has to go - just post the obligatory .gif applause and move on. :P

And like I said in my edit, not at all trying to pick anything with anyone. All I'm saying is the point's been made countless times. "Justice" has been served, let's call it a day.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived