The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

No, NBC doesn't use Thorne. It's erstwhile Coyotes pbp guy Dave Strader, and if you don't like him there, you really wouldn't have liked him last night.

It was the color analyst, not the PBP guy who I had an issue with, so I don't think it was Strader.

Wasn't that Darren Pang saying that being the former goalie?

It DEFINITELY wasn't Panger, either.

Oh, that was Brian Engblom. Poor man's Melrose. I didn't find his comments that objectionable, but then I'm also at the point where most commentary is just noise to me and only the most egregiously stupid still stands out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this and yet lost was Smith getting free punches in on any King checked into the crease.

Jonathan Quick has done much of the same.

Jonathan Quick hasn't slashed at an opposing player after letting in a goal. He hasn't embellished hits. Plus he seems to know the rules of the game as they pertain to his position.

One of the times (that's always a bad sign) Smith went after a ref brandishing his stick like a madman was after a play in which he lost his glove. He was angry that the ref didn't stop the play. Thing is, the rules state that the only time play stops for a goalie losing a piece of equipment is if that piece of equipment is the mask. Smith losing his trapper isn't grounds for a whistle. Now you can debate the merits of that rule (as a goalie myself I'd like to see it changed) but that doesn't change the fact that the rules are the rules and Smith should have known them.

Smith going after a ref like a crazy person for not making a call he's not supposed to make puts Smith on a level above Quick when it comes to d-bag goalies, I think.

Only problem is that Smith wasn't asking for the whistle to be blown because he lost his glove, he felt he already had the puck under his mitt when it was hit off his hand by a King stick. He didn't have any misconceptions on the rules, he just felt he had control of the puck before his glove was hit off.

If you go along the lines of that, then the guy who sat on Dustin Brown for 30 seconds after the Smith lost his glove should've been called for holding! Clearly the Coyote player did not let Brown up and kept him down and that is either holding or interference. So all this crying by the Coyotes or their fans is just pathetic. I have never seen a team cry as much as the Coyotes have after this, and again, Lord knows how many cheap shots they've been known to take and how the employ one of the league's worst in Torres. To all Coyotes and their fans, stop whining. You got out-played and you lost.

Mind if you show me where all this complaining and whining is? I actually congratulated the kings and their fans multiple times after the loss and even said in my first post that the Kings deserved to win and were the better team in the series. I mean there is like what 2 Yotes fans on here (one who is Duck fan first)? If this is honestly the most you have seen fans cry after a series you obviously weren't around this thread during the Phoenix-Chicago series.

Edit: What a crazy game in the garden tonight. Can't believe the Rangers have come back to tie it up.

PopHeading-1.gif

Terrible this game is just been brutal the Devils have stopped playing hockey since it was 3-0. This is just like that :censored: game against the Panthers that almost killed them.

Devils when you sit on a lead you :censored: on a lead.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

All this and yet lost was Smith getting free punches in on any King checked into the crease.

Jonathan Quick hasn't slashed at an opposing player after letting in a goal. He hasn't embellished hits. Plus he seems to know the rules of the game as they pertain to his position.

One of the times (that's always a bad sign) Smith went after a ref brandishing his stick like a madman was after a play in which he lost his glove. He was angry that the ref didn't stop the play. Thing is, the rules state that the only time play stops for a goalie losing a piece of equipment is if that piece of equipment is the mask. Smith losing his trapper isn't grounds for a whistle. Now you can debate the merits of that rule (as a goalie myself I'd like to see it changed) but that doesn't change the fact that the rules are the rules and Smith should have known them.

Smith going after a ref like a crazy person for not making a call he's not supposed to make puts Smith on a level above Quick when it comes to d-bag goalies, I think.

Only problem is that Smith wasn't asking for the whistle to be blown because he lost his glove, he felt he already had the puck under his mitt when it was hit off his hand by a King stick. He didn't have any misconceptions on the rules, he just felt he had control of the puck before his glove was hit off.

If you go along the lines of that, then the guy who sat on Dustin Brown for 30 seconds after the Smith lost his glove should've been called for holding! Clearly the Coyote player did not let Brown up and kept him down and that is either holding or interference. So all this crying by the Coyotes or their fans is just pathetic. I have never seen a team cry as much as the Coyotes have after this, and again, Lord knows how many cheap shots they've been known to take and how the employ one of the league's worst in Torres. To all Coyotes and their fans, stop whining. You got out-played and you lost.

Mind if you show me where all this complaining and whining is? I actually congratulated the kings and their fans multiple times after the loss and even said in my first post that the Kings deserved to win and were the better team in the series. I mean there is like what 2 Yotes fans on here (one who is Duck fan first)? If this is honestly the most you have seen fans cry after a series you obviously weren't around this thread during the Phoenix-Chicago series.

Exhibit A: Coyotes fans littering the ice after the game.

Oh please. A few idiotic and ignorant (and possibly drunk) fans throwing their free white-out t-shirts and popcorn on the ice doesnt equal 'The biggest bitching fans'. You can spin it anyway you want but there honestly wasnt that much thrown at all and the post-game ceremonies carried on without incident or delay. I guess a handful of people throwing shirts and popcorn on the ice is worse than a full fledged riot.

PopHeading-1.gif

Oh please. A few idiotic and ignorant (and possibly drunk) fans throwing their free white-out t-shirts and popcorn on the ice doesnt equal 'The biggest bitching fans'. You can spin it anyway you want but there honestly wasnt that much thrown at all and the post-game ceremonies carried on without incident or delay. I guess a handful of people throwing shirts and popcorn on the ice is worse than a full fledged riot.

One doesn't have anything to do with another, really. Plus not being a Canucks fan kind of nullifies that little attempted jab.

Also I'm pretty sure I saw some spilt beer or cola out there. It's a hockey game. Not an indy wrestling show. Act like it.

This is a brutal loss for the Rangers. Just brutal.

The parallels to 1994 continue. Ryan Callahan needs to inspire that bunch heading back to Newark, and the Rangers fall to a miserable 6-5 at MSG this postseason. Again, not the mark of a Cup aspiring team.

So one must ask - was tonight's game the final game in the 2011-12 season to be played at Madison Square Garden?

spacer.png

One doesn't have anything to do with another, really. Plus not being a Canucks fan kind of nullifies that little attempted jab.

Also I'm pretty sure I saw some spilt beer or cola out there. It's a hockey game. Not an indy wrestling show. Act like it.

It actually does when you attempt to back up someone else's statement that the Yotes fans are the biggest whiners and complainers by pointing out a few fans who threw popcorn (oh and I am sorry I forgot to mention the liquids). I am fully aware you aren't a Canucks fan; I just thought I would point out the silliness of your uproar over some popcorn when your own countrymen tried to burned down their city after they lost.

Edit: Devils go up 3-2 in the series after taking the lead late. Should be a fun game to watch in Newark on Friday.

PopHeading-1.gif

This is a brutal loss for the Rangers. Just brutal.

The parallels to 1994 continue. Ryan Callahan needs to inspire that bunch heading back to Newark, and the Rangers fall to a miserable 6-5 at MSG this postseason. Again, not the mark of a Cup aspiring team.

So one must ask - was tonight's game the final game in the 2011-12 season to be played at Madison Square Garden?

The Devils have a better home ice in Newark, than they did at the Meadowlands. The Prudential Center is loud and the fans are so on top of the ice it makes a great atmosphere when the Devils are in command.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I don't know how relevant that is. I'd be more concerned with the fact that this is the most talented team the Devils have fielded since they got the new building. The fans being "on top of the ice" didn't will them past that vanilla-ass Hurricanes team that went to the East final in 2009.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Disgraceful playing by the Rangers. They were lucky as hell to even tie the game. I hope the Devils end it at the Prudential on Friday, not just because it's a better matchup for the Kings, but so that the hockey world doesn't see this POS style of hockey from Manhattan.

It actually does when you attempt to back up someone else's statement that the Yotes fans are the biggest whiners and complainers by pointing out a few fans who threw popcorn (oh and I am sorry I forgot to mention the liquids).

Go back and read the thread. I already stated that this wasn't nearly as poor a reaction as the riot last year in Vancouver.

Still, it's classless on its own. The behaviour from Coyotes fans isn't excusable because something worse happened in similar circumstances a year ago.

As for your "a few drunk fans" remark, Coyotes fans aren't the first fans to get drunk at a playoff game that saw the home team get eliminated. Never before have I seen fans trash the ice before. As bad as what happened in Vancouver? No, but still poor form.

I am fully aware you aren't a Canucks fan; I just thought I would point out the silliness of your uproar over some popcorn when your own countrymen tried to burned down their city after they lost.

Swinging for the fences with those attempted insults eh? What's next Joyce Clark? A well-aimed poachers comment?

Anyway I'm done talking Coyotes here. We got a pretty good game out the Rangers and Devils tonight. If you want to continue this I've got an open PM box*, or you can take it to the Bye-Bye thread.

* MOD EDIT: If your sniping with one another about the class - or, lack thereof - of Phoenix Coyotes fans continues, please make sure that it does so via PM. There's no reason to transfer discussion of an incident that took place in the Western Conference Finals of the Stanley Cup Playoffs into another thread.

Thanks in advance.

Did you guys here what Barry Melrose said on ESPN? He said this game was so bizarre that aliens came down onto earth and replaced Henrik and Marty with sucky goaltenders. What a silly goose. But in all serious, this was shades from game 3 of the quarterfinals against the Panthers where the Devils blew it. The only difference was, the Devils amazingly found a way to win tonight to the chagrin of the Rangers. Back to the rock to decapitate the dragon!!

EDIT: Who on the Rangers had that shot that hit off the crossbar in the second period? I totally forgot.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

It actually does when you attempt to back up someone else's statement that the Yotes fans are the biggest whiners and complainers by pointing out a few fans who threw popcorn (oh and I am sorry I forgot to mention the liquids). I am fully aware you aren't a Canucks fan; I just thought I would point out the silliness of your uproar over some popcorn when your own countrymen tried to burned down their city after they lost.

Edit: Devils go up 3-2 in the series after taking the lead late. Should be a fun game to watch in Newark on Friday.

I formally apologize to you, but the rest of them are idiots. They showed complete "class" by littering the ice. I put them up with those 'Bama Yokels down in Talladega who've been known to throw Bud cans at Jeff Gordon because he won a race and not Dale Earnhardt "Over-rated", Jr.

MOD EDIT: Let's move on. Thank you.

Disgraceful playing by the Rangers. They were lucky as hell to even tie the game. I hope the Devils end it at the Prudential on Friday, not just because it's a better matchup for the Kings, but so that the hockey world doesn't see this POS style of hockey from Manhattan.

I'll admit I don't follow hockey as much as I like to, but assuming you're a Kings fan, as am I, wouldn't you rather face the Rangers? From what I've read, it seems they may be a more favorable matchup. New Jersey plays very much like the Kings, do they not?

The teams traded wins for games 1-4, and the Rangers are down 3-2 heading back to New Jersey. Eerily similar to 1994, the first playoff series I ever watched.

Does anyone on the Rangers have the balls to make a game 6 Mark Messier guarantee? I'd love to see it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The teams traded wins for games 1-4, and the Rangers are down 3-2 heading back to New Jersey. Eerily similar to 1994, the first playoff series I ever watched.

Does anyone on the Rangers have the balls to make a game 6 Mark Messier guarantee? I'd love to see it.

Bill Clinton is retired

Steve Jobs is dead

O.J. is in jail

The Simpons are stale and old and coming off their worst episode ever.

The Dallas Cowboys are a joke

Windows 3.1 no longer works

Martin Brodeur is no longer a fresh faced rookie

Mark Messier, Brian Leetch and Mike Richter are not walking through that door.

In other words THIS IS NOT 1994!!!!

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived