The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

I'm bandwagoning on the Rangers, but that's two-fold (maybe three-fold).

1) Brad Richards is my favorite player in the NHL

2) I'm a New Yorker at heart trapped in Tampa. I would never say I'm a "fan" of the Giants or Rangers in the sense that most people in New York are, but I can't say I rooted against the Giants in 2007 or 2011, or the Rangers this postseason. Being a Yankee fan has softened me up to those two teams (but not the other NY teams - I've never rooted for the Jets or Islanders, except for when the Jets have played the Patriots).

Oh, and King Hank is the best the NHL has to offer right now, and I felt this way even prior to this year's absurdity.

I can't tell a lie and say I feel any hatred for the Devils in this particular matchup. I detest the Devils in many ways because they beat the Lightning at least 80% of the time the two teams play.

spacer.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Kramerica, let me get this straight... You're a Lightning and Yankee fan, and who else? And what do you mean by "New York at heart"?

Just curious because you've never been really clear on your rooting interest.

Anyways, I don't know who to root for.... I like the Devils a bit more than the Rangers, but I feel that the Rags have a better chance at beating the Kings. I don't know...

There's no hockey today. This feels weird.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So, Kramerica, let me get this straight... You're a Lightning and Yankee fan, and who else? And what do you mean by "New York at heart"?

Just curious because you've never been really clear on your rooting interest.

Anyways, I don't know who to root for.... I like the Devils a bit more than the Rangers, but I feel that the Rags have a better chance at beating the Kings. I don't know...

My father is/was a Yankee fan, and I grew up before the Rays existed. Coupled with the Yankees presence in the TB area, it naturally followed. The Bucs were already long established and the Lightning came about early enough for me to catch on.

As far as the New Yorker thing, it's always been where I aspire to live (eventually), and any secondary rooting interests have lied with the Giants and Rangers. I mean, they're more of the "it's never a bad thing if they win" type than anything else, but that's still more than I can say about any other teams across this continent. Coupled with the fact that I know plenty of Rangers and Giants fans, it seems to fit.

That was a very rough explanation, but it's about the best way I can put it. I'll always root for the Lightning and Buccaneers, regardless of where I live.

spacer.png

Devils vs. Kings.

I'm hella down!

Marty Brodeur, I thought you were finished. You proved me wrong these last couple of months.

Congrats to the New Jersey Devils!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived