The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY DEVILS

2011/12 EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPION NEW JERSEY DEVILS. THE STANLEY CUP FINALS IN NEWARK IT WILL ROCK

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Let the record show this is Adam Henrique's second series-winning OT goal of the playoffs.

Very Martin Gelinas-like.

This goal he just scored, looked like a hybrid of Geli's goals in 2004 against Vancouver and Detroit.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY DEVILS

2011/12 EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPION NEW JERSEY DEVILS. THE STANLEY CUP FINALS IN NEWARK IT WILL ROCK

Not sure if I've ever seen a Tankgasm before. :blink:

6uXNWAo.png

Just realized the Devils denied us another Darryl Sutter vs. John Tortorella matchup in the Final.

Meanwhile, Peter DeBoer went from the bottom of the Eastern barrel in Florida to the Final in his first year in Jersey. Never realized how good a coach he was, limited by the relative lack of talent he had with the Panthers.

spacer.png

While I understand the notion that the Coyotes are owned by the league, so they'd be getting favored, we shouldn't pretend that the NHL didn't circle LA vs. NY on it's bracket a long freaking time ago. Nor should we doubt they would act on it.

The NBA's ultimate wet dream is a LA/NY final. I refuse to believe the NHL's leadership is competent enough to pull off something the NBA hasn't been able to rig.

Whatever your thoughts on this Kings team are, you can't deny they've been on fire this post-season. Not "we've been winning because the league likes us" on fire but "we've been winning because we've been clicking on all levels" on fire.

Besides, the "they want a LA/NY final" argument would mean the Rangers would be getting special treatment too. Which they haven't been getting.

Hasn't come yet. But now that they need it, keep an eye on it.

For the record, I don't think the Rangers ever got any "help" from the officials. Not before LA made it to the Finals, and certainly not in the two games played afterwards. The "they wanted a LA/NY final and nudged the officiating to help facilitate that" theory fell flat tonight.

Go Devils...cannot bear to be a fan of the oldest team with 0 Cups (which would be Blues if LA wins)

I liked how they handled the Prince of Wales trophy. They are celebrating it with a team photo, but not touching it since they have more work to do.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived