The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm missing something, but haven't the Kings steamrolled to the Final? I'm not feeling any conspiracy theories on the L.A. side. Plus, it'd have to be an ultimate OITGDNHL moment if this was the year they decided to "help" the Kings. The Clippers are relevant again, the Lakers are the Lakers, the "under new management" Dodgers are the best team in the NL (with an MVP and Triple Crown contender still active when this conspiracy would have been hatched) and the Angels signed Pujols. Where's the opening in the sports market to exploit?

Any ratings-based conspiracy talk is very NBA. But 4-1, 4-0, 4-1 should have been enough to quiet any of that.

LA in five.

Conn Smythe watch for me:

1) Jonathan Quick

2) Ilya Kovalchuk

3) Dustin Brown

4) Marty Brodeur

5) Zach Parise

6) Claude Giroux (he's still leading the playoffs in goals and is only one point back of Kovy hahahaha)

That's crazy. If Claude didn't get snuffed out by the Devils, and forgot to show up. I'm almost certain the Flyers would be here instead of New Jersey.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

LA in five.

Conn Smythe watch for me:

1) Jonathan Quick

2) Ilya Kovalchuk

3) Dustin Brown

4) Marty Brodeur

5) Zach Parise

106) Claude Giroux (he's still leading the playoffs in goals and is only one point back of Kovy hahahaha)

FYP.

He was good for ONE round.

8:45 on the clock, Elias and Clarkson with a really awesome scoring chance, shot goes high, and Doc Emrick starts making REALLY WEIRD noises, I think it was like "bawk-awp-da-awp-a-na-pop!" Seriously, what the hell. And they call him a pro. It's like having Harry Caray call the game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived