The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

and Barry Melrose does in fact suck

What the hell sucks about Melrose? He's not annoying like Don Cherry, nor a toolbag like Bill Clement. He's just some guy.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to start a flame war but I'm legitimately curious as to why there is so much Kings hate on these boards. I can understand it coming from Ducks fans but otherwise it seems perplexing. I don't even hate them and they eliminated my team

Two things. #1 There is and never has been a McSorley curse and true Kings fans know that. There was a Patrick Roy curse back in 1993 in June but that is all. Secondly, I don't see any hatred towards the Kings. Heck, even Still Mighty isn't hating on the Kings, he just would prefer someone else win. But hatred of the Kings? I don't even know where you're seeing that... unless of course you've camped out in the Phoenix Coyotes locker room where they are still crying about being out played by a better team and being beaten up by the Kings.

Any "curse" was more a case of McNall's financial and legal woes immediately after and how long it took to recover from that.

VmWIn6B.png

A few years ago Barry Melrose insulted the city of Newark so we are going to give him the business. Honestly its all in good fun.

Source?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3097823

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

A few years ago Barry Melrose insulted the city of Newark so we are going to give him the business. Honestly its all in good fun.

So? It's not like he's the only one.

And yelling you suck is amongst the most juvenille and generic thing you could yell. It's what kids in high school would yell.

So he should have been more politically correct and made sure not to offend anyone? Interestingly enough , that is the one thing you always say is ruining this country.

IUe6Hvh.png

I actually wonder if the Mullet tones down his hockey knowledge when he's on ESPN. All his observations seem shallow, generalized, and cliche'd.

Probably just pandering to his audience since hockey receives about 30 seconds of analysis air-time in the playoffs anyway. Gotta get his words out.

Right on the nose. It's actually funny to listen to the "non-hockey" people on ESPN try to talk about the sports. I remember one time PTI was talking about something hockey related, and both Wilbaum or Kornholer were talking in the most elementary and simple way about the sport; basically telling us they know nothing about it. Same goes with a local guy on WEEI Sports Radio Boston named Glen Ordway. Thinks he knows something about hockey, but obviously doesn't.

Melrose, Buccigross, Levy and....wait, those are the only three, probably want to talk more in-depth about hockey, but can't, most likely because of their unqualified colleagues.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Source?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3097823

Conan O'Brien said the same kind of stuff about NORK, and was promptly banned by their crybaby mayor -- but was praised by the rest of America! :upside:

6uXNWAo.png

So he should have been more politically correct and made sure not to offend anyone? Interestingly enough , that is the one thing you always say is ruining this country.

Melrose isn't even wrong here.

Melrose isn't even wrong here.

I agree with you. My point was just that Tnak complains all the time about the sensitivity of this country and the movements to be more politically correct (which I'm typically against), and then gets offended when somebody says something about his city? No wonder nobody takes him seriously.

IUe6Hvh.png

San Jose fans still boo Chris Pronger over remarks made over a decade ago.

They still boo Brian Campbell for not re-signing there after he was a two-month rental. Sharks fans are weird sometimes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They still boo Brian Campbell for not re-signing there after he was a two-month rental. Sharks fans are weird sometimes.

I'm sure that having to watch their Sharks hack all over themselves each and every April factors in. For example, Sharks fans also booed Ed Belfour for the final 15 years of his career -- obviously jealous of the postseason success he had pre and post San Jose

6uXNWAo.png

Actually fans in general are weird sometimes. I never understood the Anaheim fans booing Wayne Gretzky when he was traded to St. Louis. I don't understand when fans boo a player when he leaves via free agency because the team decided it was better to go in a different direction.

I actually wonder if the Mullet tones down his hockey knowledge when he's on ESPN. All his observations seem shallow, generalized, and cliche'd.

I think you just nailed it.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived