The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

A few years ago Barry Melrose insulted the city of Newark so we are going to give him the business. Honestly its all in good fun.

So he should have been more politically correct and made sure not to offend anyone? Interestingly enough , that is the one thing you always say is ruining this country.

Melrose isn't even wrong here.

I agree with you. My point was just that Tnak complains all the time about the sensitivity of this country and the movements to be more politically correct (which I'm typically against), and then gets offended when somebody says something about his city? No wonder nobody takes him seriously.

Honestly I gotten over what Melrose said but everyone else was booing and chanting so I joined in and it was fun. I never said he should be fired for what he said nor did I say it was wrong, but it is fun hating him for it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually wonder if the Mullet tones down his hockey knowledge when he's on ESPN. All his observations seem shallow, generalized, and cliche'd.

I think you just nailed it.

I have been reducing the amount of ESPN I watch, instead watching MLB Quick Pitch for Baseball highlights, NHL Tonight and NBA Gametime when I want to see highlights and you know my brain is happy for it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Not trying to start a flame war but I'm legitimately curious as to why there is so much Kings hate on these boards. I can understand it coming from Ducks fans but otherwise it seems perplexing. I don't even hate them and they eliminated my team

Two things. #1 There is and never has been a McSorley curse and true Kings fans know that. There was a Patrick Roy curse back in 1993 in June but that is all. Secondly, I don't see any hatred towards the Kings. Heck, even Still Mighty isn't hating on the Kings, he just would prefer someone else win. But hatred of the Kings? I don't even know where you're seeing that... unless of course you've camped out in the Phoenix Coyotes locker room where they are still crying about being out played by a better team and being beaten up by the Kings.

Hmm... Seems I have not been quite as clear as I had thought...

I hate the Los Angeles Kings.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

San Jose fans still boo Chris Pronger over remarks made over a decade ago.

Some fans never grow up. New Jersey is obviously no different.

But everybody boo's Chris Pronger, unless you're in Philly, Anaheim, and maybe St. Louis.

Hopefully Chris gets to make a return to Anaheim one day, he deserves a nice standing ovation. Without him, we don't have a cup.

Back on topic!

San Jose fans still boo Chris Pronger over remarks made over a decade ago.

They still boo Brian Campbell for not re-signing there after he was a two-month rental. Sharks fans are weird sometimes.

Eh, I think part of it is the fact that he had a subpar playoff and how he was in the box on Morrow's game winner. I didn't care whether or not he stayed.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Do y'all not remember his little coaching stint in Tampa? Barry is an idiot. I don't need my hockey insight from that goon. The dude only has a career because he "coached" some of the best talent this league has ever seen. One of the biggest frauds in sports. I hate Barry. Frickin hack.

I would like to add even with that talent in L.A. he tanked with it.

Melrose should've never been the head coach of the Lightning in the first place.

New ownership group looking to make a splash to get everyone's attention, and then they create anarchy right away by trading the best D on the team out of spite, and then trading their top return in the trade (Matt Carle, who was, like, 24 at the time) 12 games into the season for a headache, and then sh/tcanning Barry 16 games into the season. Oh, and there were reports about Stamkos being on the block

I'm just thankful the two clowns running the team (into the ground) sold their shares after 2.5 years, and to someone who has resurrected the franchise, mostly from an economic point of view but also on the ice in some ways. If Len Barrie and Oren Koules had hung around much longer, I'd probably be one of those playing the part of a bitter fan of a team that left town. Only five years after this moribund franchise had somehow won the Cup, this market was dead, and with good reason.

So I don't really hold that against the Mullet. Hadn't coached in 15 or so years, and was walking right into a situation that was getting worse with each knee-jerk trade that was being made. Scotty Bowman would've been a disaster under the circumstances.

spacer.png

There is a Raidohead Concert at the Rock tonight, so they could not play it tonight any way.

That there

YOU SUCK

That's not me

YOU SUCK

I go

YOU SUCK

Where I please

YOU SUCK

I walk through walls

YOU SUCK

I float down the Liffey

YOU SUCK

I'm not here

YOU SUCK

this isn't happening

YOU SUCK

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There is a Raidohead Concert at the Rock tonight, so they could not play it tonight any way.

One of few things better than Stanley Cup hockey. Got to see them live not too long ago. One of the few things I wanted to do before I died. Been hooked since Pablo Honey.

No, you're unequivocally wrong, OK Computer and Kid A are masterpieces of experimental rock.

Agreed as much as I can.

In Rainbows was a beautiful piece of work as well. It got in my top 3 Radiohead albums.

1.OK Computer

2.In Rainbows

3.The Bends

Hate the three day layoff between games. Whats wrong with playing every second night?

And it just wouldn't be the Stanley Cup Final -- or hockey in general, for that matter -- if they weren't playing on a Saturday night.

No, you're unequivocally wrong, OK Computer and Kid A are masterpieces of experimental rock.

The truth lies somewhere in between here. Radiohead doesn't suck, but they're highly overrated.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived