The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, you're unequivocally wrong, OK Computer and Kid A are masterpieces of experimental rock.

Meh. When I want pretentious, pseudo-artistic music, I will listen to Coldplay. FYI, I don't want it all that often.

Comparing them to Coldplay isnt even close to accurate. Something tells me you never listened to them.

No, you're unequivocally wrong, OK Computer and Kid A are masterpieces of experimental rock.

Meh. When I want pretentious, pseudo-artistic music, I will listen to Coldplay. FYI, I don't want it all that often.

Comparing them to Coldplay isnt even close to accurate. Something tells me you never listened to them.

No, I've listened to Radiohead. I found nothing compelling about them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The truth lies somewhere in between here. Radiohead doesn't suck, but they're highly overrated.

This.

They're good, but not the messianic second coming they're often made out to be.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

The truth lies somewhere in between here. Radiohead doesn't suck, but they're highly overrated.

This.

They're good, but not the messianic second coming they're often made out to be.

+2

It gets to a point where it's okay to do anything so long as it's claimed to be artsy, when just because it sounds different doesn't mean it sounds good. However High and Dry is a true work of art.

untitled-6.jpg

It gets to a point where it's okay to do anything so long as it's claimed to be artsy, when just because it sounds different doesn't mean it sounds good. However High and Dry is a true work of art.

I never thought "High and Dry" was all that great, especially since it's right next to "Fake Plastic Trees," which sounds similar but ten times better.

As for the band being "too artsy," give me a break. Radiohead at their most experimental is nothing more than Baby's First. Just like Coldplay is Radiohead for people who thought "Fake Plastic Trees" was a little too avant-garde, Radiohead just borrowed much more left-field free jazz, 20th c. classical, ambient, and electronic and made it safe for people who can't sit through Peter Brotzmann or Aphex Twin or Krzysztof Penderecki. And let's be real: any listen to The Bends and OK Computer will show that the band's most direct antecedent is U2. Please tell me, what is this unlistenable, different-but-not-good stuff they did?

To stay on both topics between now and Game 2, I suggest we assign Radiohead songs to this year's NHL teams. So many ways to capture the failure and despair!

17.gif

Flies are buzzing around my head

Vultures circling the dead

Picking up every last crumb

The big fish eat the little ones

The big fish eat the little ones

Not my problem give me some

z9qyy9xqoxfjn0njxgzoy2rwk.gif

You can try the best you can

You can try the best you can

The best you can is good enough!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8lqmtthh0w2wgumr6goswqmki.gif

Ice age coming, ice age coming

Let me hear both sides, let me hear both sides, let me hear both

Ice age coming, ice age coming

Throw them in the fire, throw them in the fire, throw them on the

We're not scaremongering, this is really happening

We're not scaremongering, this is really happening

Mobiles working, mobiles chirping

Take the money and run

Take the money and run, take the money

Here I'm allowed everything all of the time

Here I'm allowed everything all of the time

Hm, thought about using that on the Sharks.

174.gif

Don't get any big ideas

They're not gonna happen

You paint yourself white

And fill up with noise

But there'll be something missing

Now that you've found it, it's gone

Now that you feel it, you don't

You've gone off the rails

199.gif

There are better things to talk about

Be constructive

Bear witness we can use

Be constructive with your blues

Oh why don’t you quiet down?

Why don’t you quiet down?

We are the dollars and cents

and the pounds and pence

and the mark and the yen

and yes we're gonna crack your little skulls

Crack your little skulls

220px-Detroit_Red_Wings_Original_Logo.svg.png

I don't want to be crippled cracked

Shoulders, wrists, knees and back

Ground to dust and ash

Crawling on all fours

When you've got to feel it in your bones

Now I can't climb the stairs

Pieces missing everywhere

Prozak painkillers

And I used to fly like peter pan

All the children flew when I touched their hands

200px-New_York_Rangers.svg.png Come playoff time.

disappointed people, clinging on to bottles,

and when it comes it’s so, so, disappointing.

Let down and hanging around,

crushed like a bug in the ground.

Let down and hanging around.

94.gif making the playoffs.

I’d tell all my friends but they’d never believe me,

They’d think that I’d finally lost it completely.

I’d show them the stars and the meaning of life.

They’d shut me away.

But I’d be alright, alright,

I’d be alright,

I’m alright.

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here.

Too easy?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Heh, that is pretty cool. I know I sound like a freak but I try to find myself on DVR when I watch Jaguar games. My brother got a tight close up one time right after a commercial. We sit next to each other but I just had to have a soft pretzel. :cry:

Not trying to start a flame war but I'm legitimately curious as to why there is so much Kings hate on these boards. I can understand it coming from Ducks fans but otherwise it seems perplexing. I don't even hate them and they eliminated my team

Two things. #1 There is and never has been a McSorley curse and true Kings fans know that. There was a Patrick Roy curse back in 1993 in June but that is all. Secondly, I don't see any hatred towards the Kings. Heck, even Still Mighty isn't hating on the Kings, he just would prefer someone else win. But hatred of the Kings? I don't even know where you're seeing that... unless of course you've camped out in the Phoenix Coyotes locker room where they are still crying about being out played by a better team and being beaten up by the Kings.

Hmm... Seems I have not been quite as clear as I had thought...

I hate the Los Angeles Kings.

No you don't. You secretly love them and hope that every year they are going to the Stanley Cup Finals while the Ducks are sitting at home watching.

In Rainbows was a beautiful piece of work as well. It got in my top 3 Radiohead albums.

1.OK Computer

2.In Rainbows

3.The Bends

In Rainbows better than the Bends? It's not even better than Hail to the Thief

This is a joke right?

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here.

Too easy?

Maybe... but still on point like a javelin

Two things. #1 There is and never has been a McSorley curse and true Kings fans know that. There was a Patrick Roy curse back in 1993 in June but that is all. Secondly, I don't see any hatred towards the Kings. Heck, even Still Mighty isn't hating on the Kings, he just would prefer someone else win. But hatred of the Kings? I don't even know where you're seeing that... unless of course you've camped out in the Phoenix Coyotes locker room where they are still crying about being out played by a better team and being beaten up by the Kings.

There IS a Marty McSorley curse. The Flames phantom goal in 2004 that would have won them the cup is ample evidence of that. Until the Kings win the cup a Canadian team will never win again. This is a fact

Archived