The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Maybe it's because they're an LA team? I don't know. I have nothing against them.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to start a flame war but I'm legitimately curious as to why there is so much Kings hate on these boards. I can understand it coming from Ducks fans but otherwise it seems perplexing. I don't even hate them and they eliminated my team

So much Kings hate?

You're seeing more than I am. Between me and two other Ducks fans and the couple New Jersey fans, I thought we were alone on this "Anti-Kings" island.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Here is something everyone will find funny.

They had a few promos for NHL Game night during the game, and it had Barry Melrose on the screen giving his "insights". Everytime he spoke he got booed. Fans even were chanting Melrose Sucks.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

They had a few promos for NHL Game night during the game, and it had Barry Melrose on the screen giving his "insights". Everytime he spoke he got booed. Fans even were chanting Melrose Sucks.

I didn't find that funny.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Everything "sucks" to Jersey fans. Barry Melrose. The Hey Song. "We evened u suck". Is that the only word they know out there?

6uXNWAo.png

Not trying to start a flame war but I'm legitimately curious as to why there is so much Kings hate on these boards. I can understand it coming from Ducks fans but otherwise it seems perplexing. I don't even hate them and they eliminated my team

...maybe you blocked everyone besides Still Mighty and me, and you only read our posts?

What does "we evened u suck" even mean, Tank?

My guess is "we invented u suck" but it got auto-corrected.

I hate how before every game in New Jersey when they announce the visitors' scratches and starters the fans yell "sucks" after every name is read.

I hate how before every game in New Jersey when they announce the visitors' scratches and starters the fans yell "sucks" after every name is read.

Or he could have been referencing the fact that the Devils tied it up in the second.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's done in Columbus too. I don't think that's exclusive to Jersey....

Manchester-City-icon.png

Or he could have been referencing the fact that the Devils tied it up in the second.

I think that's it. He meant, "We evened. You suck", and by that he meant, "we just tied the game and you suck for insinuating the Devils suck".

Of course, he also could've meant, "we evened, you "suck"" as in he was literally using namecalling to refer to the previous poster as a "suck".

Or maybe he did mean, "we invented, "you suck"".

Either way, he could use a lesson in punctuation.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Might be more appropriate to say that about the home scratches, in that case.

spacer.png

They've been doing it in Jersey since at least 1988, which is because my first ever hockey game was them hosting Winnipeg in 1988 and I remember that even as a little kid.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Two things. #1 There is and never has been a McSorley curse and true Kings fans know that. There was a Patrick Roy curse back in 1993 in June but that is all. Secondly, I don't see any hatred towards the Kings. Heck, even Still Mighty isn't hating on the Kings, he just would prefer someone else win. But hatred of the Kings? I don't even know where you're seeing that... unless of course you've camped out in the Phoenix Coyotes locker room where they are still crying about being out played by a better team and being beaten up by the Kings.

I think that's it. He meant, "We evened. You suck", and by that he meant, "we just tied the game and you suck for insinuating the Devils suck".

Of course, he also could've meant, "we evened, you "suck"" as in he was literally using namecalling to refer to the previous poster as a "suck".

Or maybe he did mean, "we invented, "you suck"".

Either way, he could use a lesson in punctuation.

I tried to say we invented you suck as my phone was losing power.

We yell you suck at everything

Ref you suck

Rangers Suck and the Flyers swallow

Sucks after every player during intros is actually quite fun btw.

and Barry Melrose does in fact suck

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived