The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

highlight reel goal from Kopitar

When NJ failed on several attempts to get the puck past Quick in the previous possession, that told me a Kings GWG was imminent.

Sure enough, Kopitar delivered and LA are still the Kings of the road.

CCSLC signature.png

8:45 on the clock, Elias and Clarkson with a really awesome scoring chance, shot goes high, and Doc Emrick starts making REALLY WEIRD noises, I think it was like "bawk-awp-da-awp-a-na-pop!" Seriously, what the hell. And they call him a pro. It's like having Harry Caray call the game.

I caught that too. It was reminiscent of the bonerism shown by John Madden (the football one) calling a Brett Favre game.

6uXNWAo.png

John Madden still formed words, though! He never sputtered into like "when you're running a football play in a football game, you need to run the football past the guy that does the thing with the that and the up and the back off of the right to the awp rak shawwwwt bawk erp ohhhhhhh nooooooo

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8:45 on the clock, Elias and Clarkson with a really awesome scoring chance, shot goes high, and Doc Emrick starts making REALLY WEIRD noises, I think it was like "bawk-awp-da-awp-a-na-pop!" Seriously, what the hell. And they call him a pro. It's like having Harry Caray call the game.

I caught that too. It was reminiscent of the bonerism shown by John Madden (the football one) calling a Brett Favre game.

LOL. Hopefully they upload that on YouTube, seeing as how I missed the game from the 3rd period on.

John Madden still formed words, though! He never sputtered into like "when you're running a football play in a football game, you need to run the football past the guy that does the thing with the that and the up and the back off of the right to the awp rak shawwwwt bawk erp ohhhhhhh nooooooo

True, but I can remember a time (maybe 2003?) when a team (possibly the Rams who were at home) were on MNF, while Madden was talking about food as the play was going on, while everyone obviously saw the touchdown, continued to talk about food instead of the scoring play. So there's that, I guess. Or something, idk.

Just got done watching this one from the DVR, and holy crap - Great game! Any hesitations I had about this series are gone. Two goaltenders standing on their heads, two teams that are puck-hungry and physical. I couldn't believe some of the goals Brodeur denied, but was puzzled at what the hell the deal was with the first one given up. Was he screened?

Anywho the Kings basically stole that one, considering how poor they started off in OT, the Devils just couldn't push it through. Kopitar with a killer move to take game 1. Game 2 should be bitchin'.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

LOL. Hopefully they upload that on YouTube, seeing as how I missed the game from the 3rd period on.

It was the first period, actually.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

We evened u suck

what is this im in phone

You know its hard to type on a phone.

Yeah, it's pretty easy.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Why not just enjoy the game? I hate to derail this thread, but I never really understood when a big moment happens and people instantly whip out their cell phones, probably to "capture the moment" instead of just enjoying the moment right then and there?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So a buddy of mine got a ticket from his father's corporate season tickets to tonight's game 1.

Just off to the side of the net that Kopitar scored the game winner on, on the glass. Face was $825.

He's not a Devil fan either, so he's in a blue polo amongst a sea of red and white. So that was kinda cool to find on an AP photo wire and his emotionless self will be preserved in perpetuity.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It was the first period, actually.

Well, that stinks then. Maybe I shouldn't have gone outside to turn off the pool filter. Win some lose some.

I just played it back on the DVR. Had to rewind it a couple of times but I think he said, "Got the glass with the shot!" But it sounded more like he was making chicken noises. Very funny.

God's sake, New Jersey...

----

Also, definitely "got the glass with the shot". He just sounds like he's choking on water when he says it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Not trying to start a flame war but I'm legitimately curious as to why there is so much Kings hate on these boards. I can understand it coming from Ducks fans but otherwise it seems perplexing. I don't even hate them and they eliminated my team

Archived