The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing that was really disappointing was the officiating in the game. I only saw the first period and the last half of the overtime, but holy crap if these are the best the NHL has for officials, I don't want to see the worst! What were these on ice officials watching? The D-backs game?

Dustin Brown is emerging as one of the dirtiest skill players in the league. Unreal what he gets away with.

Dirty? No. He plays hockey like it's suppose to be played, from whistle to whistle. Maybe if your team didn't just give up, you wouldn't have to watch Dustin Brown and real hockey! Let's all be honest here, the Blues performance against the Kings was utterly pathetic.

Dustin Brown is emerging as one of the dirtiest skill players in the league. Unreal what he gets away with.

Dirty? No. He plays hockey like it's suppose to be played, from whistle to whistle. Maybe if your team didn't just give up, you wouldn't have to watch Dustin Brown and real hockey! Let's all be honest here, the Blues performance against the Kings was utterly pathetic.

...or in this case AFTER the whistle

PopHeading-1.gif

Here's Mike Smith attempting to perform an impromptu appendectomy on Mike Richards, right after giving up the game winner:

IMG_20120522_235603.jpg

And then Doan threw his bitch-fit at the refs and in the line, while the fans threw garbage onto the ice. Vince McMahon couldn't have dreamt of a heel this hardcore during the entirety of the Corporation storyline.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about the Blues. I was talking about Dustin Brown.

And he's dirty. And that hit was incredibly dirty.

Brown says he finished his check.

Sure did. But the whistle blew, bud. More over, he stuck his leg out.

There was absolutely no way Brown could have avoided contact there, but he didn't have to thrust his shoulder, and he didn't have to stick his leg out. But he did both.

It was just a collision. He didn't stick out his knee.

More over, he stuck his leg out.

No, he didn't.

phx_golf.png

Now it's official. :D

So simple and yet so well-done.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It was just a collision. He didn't through his knee.

It wasn't JUST a collision. Brown lays a hit (and that's regardless of the leg) on him. He doesn't let up whatsoever and just collide. He thrusts his shoulder upward and lays a hard hit. And in my view, he stuck the leg out, too. I don't know about the knee-on-knee, but he extended his leg.

It was just a collision. He didn't stick out his knee.

It wasn't JUST a collision. Brown lays a hit (and that's regardless of the leg) on him. He doesn't let up whatsoever and just collide. He thrusts his shoulder upward and lays a hard hit. And in my view, he stuck the leg out, too. I don't know about the knee-on-knee, but he extended his leg.

Sorry, I don't see it. It just doesn't look like he stuck out his leg. Without that it's just a collision. An unfortunate one, yes, but it wasn't dirty.

Smith's swipe at Richards after the game winning goal though? That's dirty. Doan continuing his b!tch fit in the handshake line? That's dirty. Coyotes fans littering the ice with trash? That's dirty (literally).

Someone wake up Darryl Sutter and tell him his team's in the Final.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hard to argue this one. I feel the same way about Mike Smith: if you want to be dirty, be dirty, and if you want to dive, you can be that guy, but you don't get to be both.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Someone wake up Darryl Sutter and tell him his team's in the Final.

He's been there before. Maybe we'll get an ounce of emotion out of him if the Kings can hoist the Cup.

6uXNWAo.png

Haha the over exuberance of all the Coyote trolls is funny and kinda sad at the same time. Did you guys just have a "Coyotes lose" gif folder just waiting on your desktop or what?

When you mess with one librarian you mess with all librarians.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived