The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyotes didn't hit double digits in shots on goal in a single frame. That game was ugly. Sucked. Felt like November hockey, not a conference final.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Did anyone honestly think Richards and Carter would give it their all for a Sunday noon start? Oh well. Go get 'em on Tuesday, I guess. Try not to remember you're an eighth-place team this time. What a crappy game to have subjected North America to.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

What a bad game for both the Kings and hockey fans. Snoozefests during the playoffs are the absolute worst. Especially when it's an elimination game for the team that played its sloppiest hockey in two months.

Well have you been saying the same thing for the past three Coyotes' games? Just asking. Was it a great game by the Kings? Nope, they played kind of lethargic... okay they did play lethargic. I shrug, they are still up 3-1. If it comes back to LA, then I'll start to get nervous. The thing is, they didn't hit, they just kind of skated around. The one thing I need to see on Tuesday is for Dustin Brown to go hunt down Handzal and hammer his butt into the third row with a clean check. That's when you know the series will be over. The Kings just didn't come out with a killer attitude and hitting everything that moved.

Β 

Β 

I think I said somewhere in here that if the Coyotes were going to win even one game in this series Mike Smith was going to have to post a shutout. He did. Coyotes won. Kings didn't look totally into it though, either. I'll be pleasantly surprised if this thing does get back to LA, but it won't get beyond that.

My thoughts notwithstanding, Go Coyotes.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANAΒ | LAA | LARΒ | LAL | ASU | CSULB |Β USMNTΒ | USWNT |Β LAFCΒ | OCSC |Β MAN UTDΒ |

Three games, the Devils have outplayed the Rangers.

Rangers lead the series 2-1.

Their luck HAS to run out at some point... right? Can't keep depending on Queenie to bail you out every game...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Three games, the Devils have outplayed the Rangers.

Rangers lead the series 2-1.

Their luck HAS to run out at some point... right? Can't keep depending on Queenie to bail you out every game...

Luck is not the one to blame. Henrik is.

That picture was very entertaining. The main point was that the Kings are relevant and they should gain more respect in the LA area. I mean, they are one game away from a Cup appearance, playing excellent hockey (ex game 4), and they are making the LA hockey fans proud. Why would someone think of the Sacramento Kings when someone says Kings in LA, when Sacramento is 6 hours away...

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382Β 

Β 

Unfortunately, when you are in a market with the Lakers, you'll always be second fiddle, especially when you're a hockey team. Hockey will always have a kind of "otherness" to American sports fans, like soccer.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Unfortunately, when you are in a market with the Lakers, you'll always be second fiddle, especially when you're a hockey team. Hockey will always have a kind of "otherness" to American sports fans, like soccer.

Being 2nd fiddle doesnt make ignorance acceptable. If you report on something you should know the basics. Like the puck is not a ball, for example.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived