The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Gotta think though. Those Oilers had a clicking Horcoff, Smyth, Pisani, Torres, Pronger, and had gotten tremendous depth scoring. Not to mention the Rexall Goal Horn would have scared the Kings out of the building.

The Oilers would've at least won game 1. After Roloson went down the whole thing was a total debacle, collapse that culminated with Ty Conklin and Jason Smith botching the puck behind the net. If they win game 1 the series ends in Edmonton in game 6. I was very much rooting for that Oilers team.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Still MIGHTY, do you get a discount at the golf course for having two teams there?

Hey trollmaowl, you still haven't won :censored:. STFU, if the Kings don't go all the way this year, you're going to look like a tremendous ass. Last year, none of the CCSLC Canuck or Bruins fans were even half as cocky as you are. It's called maturity.

But I really can't blame you, the Kings' fanbase for the most part sets a pretty bad example. Trash.

Hey Still MIGHTY, do you get a discount at the golf course for having two teams there?

Hey trollmaowl, you still haven't won :censored:. STFU, if the Kings don't go all the way this year, you're going to look like a tremendous ass. Last year, none of the CCSLC Canuck or Bruins fans were even half as cocky as you are. It's called maturity.

But I really can't blame you, the Kings' fanbase for the most part sets a pretty bad example. Trash.

As opposed to the classy, reserved decorum of Ducks fans, apparently.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Anyways, I think the Devils tie the series tonight heading back to Newark. They just have to transplant Game 1's first 40 and get something by King Henrik.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This is a line:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, why do I draw a line? Because that's where this bickering must stop. That's it. No more partisan arguing, lest there be consequences. I don't mean just Kings/Ducks; this applies to everyone.

Thank you.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Kings remind me of the 2007 Colorado Rockies. They were a marginal team all season long and then figured it out just when things got important and turned into a freaking buzzsaw in the playoffs. Let's hope the layoff that they'll face once they sweep Phoenix and NY/NJ turns into a 7 game bloodbath doesn't hurt them the way the layoff between sweeping the Diamondbacks and meeting the Red Sox in the world series hurt that Rockies team.

/sports parallel stretches

They've had two long stretches between each round and they've come out and won the first two games, I don't think any layoff will bother them. As a matter of fact, it's what's helping them play like they are. They leave it all on the line in the games and then rest up and come out and do it again. Whereas the Rockies never had much time off until their layoff. It's not a problem for them as if you go through the whole year including playoffs they are 7-2 with 3 days off or more. Where as baseball never has more than one day off with the exception of the All-Star break, so it's more of an issue there than it is in hockey.

Hanzal gets one game. First time offender, but really, just one game?

-1 game for Dustin Brown flopping skepticism.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As opposed to the classy, reserved decorum of Ducks fans, apparently.

Have you been to a kings game? I know people who have been threatened at Staples, and I've been to Kings games, much, much more rowdy than Ducks games.

That's all I'm going to say, because I don't want to go against Mockba's demands.

The Devils need to look at what the Rangers are doing. No open lanes, blocking shots, nobody screening Lundqvist. If don't they start doing the same they are done.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

For the fourth time this postseason, New York has ceded home ice advantage, and lost Game 2 every time.

God that has to be frustrating for a Rangers fan. Pretty freaking terrible. They're a good road team, and that has saved their bacon, but continually losing home games in the playoffs is no recipe for the Cup.

Just for reference: '11 Bruins were 10-3 at home: '10 'Hawks were 8-3: '09 Penguins were 9-2: '08 Red Wings were 9-2, so on and so forth.

'12 Rangers are currently 6-4. Wow.

spacer.png

Archived