The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

LOL at Jamie McLennan on NHL Network: "How did Quick surrender a goal from the parking lot last night?"

Wait... is there an inside joke I'm missing? ... :upside:

Other than McLennan being a terrible goalie nope.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The local NBC station with a nice little piece on the city's current postseason success....

la_sports.png

homer-simpson-facepalm-493.jpg

See this is what happens when the media and idiotic-doochey hipsters have finally realized what's been happening in sports.

Its things like that why I never watch local news any more for things other than the weather report.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

And the SACRAMENTO Kings, of all Kings to mix up. Sacramento.

My gosh, that's sad.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

It's things like that which would make me really PO'ed if I were a diehard fan of the Kings (this also happened to the Panthers in Round 1) and then stuff like this happens. Basically you don't pay one lick of attention to the team all season long, yet Kobe stops for gas and it's the lead story on the 11:00 news, and blah blah blah. Now they're 3 wins from the cup so you think OK, we're on the bandwagon, and you can't even get that right?

I'd rather you just didn't cover the team if I'm a fan like that. Seriously. I preferred it better when you totally ignored them.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The local NBC station with a nice little piece on the city's current postseason success....

la_sports.png

Get used to it Cujo, like njmeadowlanders said if Kobe fills up at Chevron it'll get two minutes on the news. Los Angeles news coverage of sports sucks, and the radio is worse if you don't like hearing KobeKobeBynum'sajerkKobeNFLNFLNFLNFLNFLKobe SEVENONEFOURTICKETS, SEVENONEFOURTICKETS.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Reminds me of a discussion I had about a week ago. I was talking to my NBA fan friend the other day and he was mocking the irrelevance of the NHL and how the NBA is more popular. I brought up three points:

A. I don't care. Would I love for more people to discover and enjoy the wonderful sport of hockey? Sure, but I don't base my interests or enjoyment of those interests on how many other people are also into said interests.

B. With the NHL Network, internet, and NBC Sports Network giving the league better coverage than ESPN ever did, there has never been a better or easier time to be a hockey fan. Hockey coverage has never been this good, despite Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire.

C. The most popular pieces of entertainment are rarely the most quality pieces in their area. Nickelback, Jersey Shore, Bieber. All good examples.

So I used to get upset about things like that news flub, but I don't anymore. Now it's just funny. I know what a great sport this is, if people aren't going to give it a try, it's their loss.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Reminds me of a discussion I had about a week ago. I was talking to my NBA fan friend the other day and he was mocking the irrelevance of the NHL and how the NBA is more popular. I brought up three points:

A. I don't care. Would I love for more people to discover and enjoy the wonderful sport of hockey? Sure, but I don't base my interests or enjoyment of those interests on how many other people are also into said interests.

B. With the NHL Network, internet, and NBC Sports Network giving the league better coverage than ESPN ever did, there has never been a better or easier time to be a hockey fan. Hockey coverage has never been this good, despite Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire.

C. The most popular pieces of entertainment are rarely the most quality pieces in their area. Nickelback, Jersey Shore, Bieber. All good examples.

So I used to get upset about things like that news flub, but I don't anymore. Now it's just funny. I know what a great sport this is, if people aren't going to give it a try, it's their loss.

+1

I agree completly, the NBA can at times get slow and sloppy and is full of luls. The NHL is constant action and exciting. In the NBA the best parts are in a close game late and you can drift in and out, while the most exciting part of a hockey game can happen at any point in the 60 mins. The Intermissions are good for bathroom breaks in the NHL while the NBA you can get up and go any time.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

You all put down Phoenix as a hockey market. I'll reap the benefits. 1/2 off face value, and I'm on the way to Game 2.

Let's Go Yotes! Beat LA!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANAΒ | LAA | LARΒ | LAL | ASU | CSULB |Β USMNTΒ | USWNT |Β LAFCΒ | OCSC |Β MAN UTDΒ |

You all put down Phoenix as a hockey market. I'll reap the benefits. 1/2 off face value, and I'm on the way to Game 2.

Let's Go Yotes! Beat LA!

Damn, they have $44 tickets available now on stubhub! Cheapest one for New York(right now): $170.

Wished I lived in the desert now. Go Phoenix!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The NHL is constant action and exciting.

This is changing, unless endless slot-stacking is your idea of a good time.

I wonder how many Kings fans are in Phoenix for these games. I'm assuming they're traveling fairly well given the proximity and ramifications.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Niners, the ticket I got was $30 before fees. Almost had a $24 for a second but it got swiped. I had my eyes on a couple pairs of $60 ones in the lower level, but they too were swiped.

Admiral, there's a decent amount of Kings fans. Not as much as the Wings/Hawks infestations, but decent amount. More than Nashville had, but like you said it's close. 45 minute flight or 5 hour drive. And there's a decent amount of SoCalers here for school or business or what have you. It's an hour before puck drop and there's about 30 or so around the Kings tunnel waiting for warmups. There's a few more scattered around the rink right now. I'll guess there will be less than Sunday, though, just because it's Tuesday.

| ANAΒ | LAA | LARΒ | LAL | ASU | CSULB |Β USMNTΒ | USWNT |Β LAFCΒ | OCSC |Β MAN UTDΒ |

What's puzzling/alarming is that these cheap tickets are on StubHub. Shouldn't prices for playoff tickets go up on the secondary market? I wouldn't know; I only go to sporting events if I'm comped.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Yeah normally. Some of these prices went down because it was nearing StubHub's cutoff for buying tickets edited a game. They were face value and above a few days ago. I don't know if they went down just because wanted to get rid of them, because the Yotes lost, I don't know. I didn't pay that much attention.

What's puzzling/alarming is that these cheap tickets are on StubHub. Shouldn't prices for playoff tickets go up on the secondary market? I wouldn't know; I only go to sporting events if I'm comped.

It's called Supply and lack of Demand, my friend.

It's good to see these legalized "scaplers" on the losing end, for once.

6uXNWAo.png

It's called Supply and lack of Demand, my friend.

It's good to see these legalized "scaplers" on the losing end, for once.

This happened in Memphis too. The Grizzlies for games 1, 2, and 5 let season ticket holders buy extra tickets before they went on sale to the general public. A lot of people tried to resell them on Stubhub for crazy prices. People didn't want to pay triple face value to sit in the nosebleeds and the supply became much bigger than the demand. Memphis loves basketball, but it will always be a barely large enough NBA market simply because of the size of the city.

I bought season tickets for next year so I got to do this too, but I just bought extras for some friends.

I don't agree with the Grizzlies doing this, but I know they are pushing for people to commit to season tickets and trying to create as many perks as possible for STHs.

Stubhub ends sales 2 hours before game time, so if you're ever looking to get to a game, you might find some good deals around then, unless you're in a huge city like NYC or LA.

_____

Oh, and anyone but LA. Come on Coyotes!

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived