The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True to form, Rangers win the game 2-1 and the series 4-3.

Huge props to the Washington Capitals, who played 13 1-goal games this post-season, which is a staggering number when you think about. Braden Holtby's a keeper. But, King Hank is the best the NHL has to offer, and he is now only four wins away from the Cup Final. And Brad Richards, a winner and clutch hero of Champions past, scored less than two minutes in and is now 4-0 in Game 7's. Keep 'em coming, Brad.

New Jersey vs. New York. Let the battle for Hudson River supremacy begin!

spacer.png

Well, now that the matchups are set...

What I WANT to happen:

Phoenix over Los Angeles

New York over New Jersey

What I THINK will happen:

Los Angeles 4, Phoenix 2

New Jersey 4, New York 3

And if that be the case...oh please, go Kings.

But really, go Coyotes and Rangers.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'll have to say that was a good series between the Caps & Rangers, both played their hearts out & I got nothing but respect for the Rangers. I still say Holtby needs to be our starter going in.

Let's see what happens tomorrow, when the Conference Finals begin...

baltimoreravens.png

Nice to see such professionalism and cordiality between Rangers/Caps fans in this hard won series. As a Blackhawks fan, I have no idea what the hell that's all about.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My concern for New York is the back-to-back seven gamers, mostly. The Rangers were the superior team in both series I felt, yet both the Sens and Caps still pushed them to the brink. I do think they can make it a good series, I just don't know if I feel they're a safe pick though. It doesn't help their case that New Jersey has played well as of late, and has rest. I hate to even think of it, and it goes completely against my nature, but I just feel that I have to go with the Devils.

I do hope the Rangers prove me wrong, though. I'm definitely going to be rooting for them.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

*sigh* The Caps fought hard to the end, showed much heart. Joel Ward...

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'll have to say that was a good series between the Caps & Rangers, both played their hearts out & I got nothing but respect for the Rangers. I still say Holtby needs to be our starter going in.

Let's see what happens tomorrow, when the Conference Finals begin...

Yes it was...you cannot possibly have a 7 game series where one team is that much more superior, because if there was one it'd end in 4 or 5.

And I heard 93% of the series was played as a tie or a 1-goal differential. That's nuts.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The Sharks-Wings series essentially came down to one goal games last year in the 7 played. The question is what Devils will show up; the ones that struggled with the Cats, or the ones that shredded Philly.

My predictions are:

Rangers in 7

Kings in 6(Hope I'm wrong in this one)

Also one year ago today was the most agonizing game of my life. How the mighty have fallen one year later.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Thank. God.

Phew.

Also I was able to swap Game 2 @ MSG (since I'll still be in San Diego) for Game 3 in Newark. Not quite the same but playoff hockey is playoff hockey, plus I get to be the enemy.

I LOVE being an enemy fan in the crowd.

There's something to be said about being "that guy" who is opposed to what 95% of your surroundings is for. It's a great feeling. Especially in a rivalry setting such as the Rangers and Devils, and ESPECIALLY with such high stakes.

'Tis why I was disappointed in 2010 when the Rays lost to the Rangers in the ALDS. God I would've loved a Yankees/Rays ALCS - I had gone to all nine regular season games, and would've gone to the ALCS games as well.

Oh well - back to hockey...

spacer.png

Archived