The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

NHL officially has the West Final schedule, at least for Games 1 and 2. Sunday at 5 PM Pacific and Tuesday at 6 PM Pacific. The NHL is supposedly working with the NBA regarding the scheduling of Games 3 and 4 in LA due to the Clippers and Lakers.

East Games 1 and 2 will be Monday and Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern, regardless of the location (NY or NJ).

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you guys please stop quoting that giant post and quoting the posts that quote it?

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to loathe the Capitals, but I find myself rooting for them. I don't even hate the Rangers; I'd just like to see Washington pull this one off for some reason.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You know.. now that I think about it, I don't really mind the Rangers' run this year, either. Outside of Torts the team's pretty likeable, it's getting people here in the NYC area to watch hockey, and my grandpa who passed away last fall would've liked to seen the Rangers do pretty well. I'll let it slide I guess this offseason and go back to hating the Rangers come October or whenever the CBA's put in place :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I like Torts more than any of their players because really I'll take any respite from "we played hard, they played hard, we have to play 60 minutes of [the name of my team as a singular noun] hockey."

Oh and my long post wasn't that good. Sometimes it's just fun to shaggy-dog it and take forever to get up to a punchline instead of the same old one-line snark. More than anything I was proud of myself for the McSweeney's reference at the beginning. Gotta zag every now and then amidst the zigging. I didn't mean to cause so much controversy. I still find Emrick's voice and style highly unpleasant, though, and it's one of many things keeping me from watching further playoff hockey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like Torts more than any of their players because really I'll take any respite from "we played hard, they played hard, we have to play 60 minutes of [the name of my team as a singular noun] hockey."

Oh and my long post wasn't that good. Sometimes it's just fun to shaggy-dog it and take forever to get up to a punchline instead of the same old one-line snark. More than anything I was proud of myself for the McSweeney's reference at the beginning. Gotta zag every now and then amidst the zigging. I didn't mean to cause so much controversy. I still find Emrick's voice and style highly unpleasant, though, and it's one of many things keeping me from watching further playoff hockey.

I thought it was a pretty funny post. People who get into arguements over wether this post or that post should be the PotD are stupid and annoying. Who cares man?!? Just because you didn't think something was PotD worthy, doesn't mean it isn't. It just causes more off topic discusion and it gets really annoying.

The whole Post of the Day thing is kinda stupid anyways.

I know this isnt on the ice news, but Braden Holtby is now a dad to Benjamin Hunter (suck up?) Holtby.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Really? I understand that the POTD has been watered down by the nearly 50 nominations each day, and it was a good post, but POTD? Not so sure.

Are you kidding? That was pure gold.

Like I said, it was a good post. I enjoyed it. I just prefer my POTDs to be a bit more snappy than drawn out. That's all.

----

These two full days without hockey suck. The Knicks got eliminated. Couldn't they just switch the game back to tomorrow? Boo.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

As much flak as the Devils get for popularizing the trap - they had some really good scoring teams between 1994-2003.

Hell, they lead the league in goals in 2001. I'm sure many here remember the "A" line - Alex Mogilny, Petr Sykora, Patrik Elias, and Jason Arnott were outstanding offensive players. This needs to be remembered.

spacer.png

My rat shaped candle has finally stopped burning. Time to wipe the tears from my eyes and watch some good playoff hockey. Game 7 will be intense! At least it was April depression and not the January/February pain I am accustomed to.

Yeah, I gave the Devils credit for making the most of their talent this year. The Capitals, on the other hand, make the least of theirs, so screw 'em.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived