The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if the rest will help the Devils, but considering the age of Marty the aches of Kovy and Zidlicky its hard to imagine it hurting. Still Can't wait for the Conference Finals no matter who we play.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So now there is a game 7 are the start dates for the WCF and ECF set? If so anyone know when that might be?

I'd probably assume an announcement tonight or tomorrow morning regarding the start dates. They did that once the final two Game 7s in the first round were set.

There aren't any scheduling conflicts at any of the three possible home arenas (Jobing.com, MSG, Prudential), so I'd say that it'd all start Sunday night in Glendale, Monday night in New York or Newark.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

"LUNDQVIST SCISSORED!"

Oh, Doc. :lol:

Hm, I didn't think he had the parts for that.

A SHORT PLAY DRAMATIZING

THE OSTENSIBLE PROCESS OF HIRING

DOC EMRICK FOR THE NHL ON NBC.

NHL Executive.

So we're really looking forward to being on NBC.

NBC Executive.

And we're looking forward to carrying the NHL.

NHL Executive.

And we're all looking forward to splitting the spot rates on this!

[All laugh nervously.]

NBC Executive.

Okay. Down to business. Play-by-play. What I really think we at NBC are looking for is someone to speak loquaciously without ever saying anything of substance. We're thinking Jim Gray.

NHL Executive.

Jim Gray could work. We're not sure if he's done hockey, though. I mean, we appreciate that we have this input, but our instinct is to veto that if we can.

NBC Executive.

Okay. Fine. Gray's out. Now, my daughter is a big Aladdin fan, remember Aladdin?

NHL Executive.

Oh, yes, of course. We used to get paid to be at Disney, after all!

[All laugh nervously.]

NBC Executive.

Right. Well, she's a big hockey fan, too, and she really influenced me to bring you guys on board. Now, her favorite character in the whole movie is that agitated parrot. I think he was voiced by--

NHL Executive.

--Gilbert Gottfried?

NBC Executive.

Yes, that's it!

NHL Executive.

With all due respect, our research shows that we have no evidence that Gilbert Gottfried has ever called a hockey game.

NBC Executive.

And with all due respect to you, our research shows that we have no evidence that Gary Bettman has ever seen a hockey game.

NHL Executive.

Well, I'm sorry, but this is absurd.

NBC Executive.

Okay. Look. Let's be real. You're a pet project. I'm the one putting my neck on the line here. I want Jim Gray rambling, or Gilbert Gottfried squawking, and that's final. Is there anything you can do for me.

NHL Executive.

No, there's n--

[Epiphany.]

Heyyy. Put on MSG.

Doc Emrick.

THE BLACK IMPLEMENT CONFERRED TO ELIAS WHO SERPENTINES AROUND YASHIN HE RECOILS A DRIIIIIIIIIIIVE OOHHHHH WAFFLEBOARDED AWAY OFF THE PIIIIIPE

Both executives.

We have a deal!

Exeunt.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"LUNDQVIST SCISSORED!"

Oh, Doc. :lol:

Hm, I didn't think he had the parts for that.

A SHORT PLAY DRAMATIZING

THE OSTENSIBLE PROCESS OF HIRING

DOC EMRICK FOR THE NHL ON NBC.

NHL Executive.

So we're really looking forward to being on NBC.

NBC Executive.

And we're looking forward to carrying the NHL.

NHL Executive.

And we're all looking forward to splitting the spot rates on this!

[All laugh nervously.]

NBC Executive.

Okay. Down to business. Play-by-play. What I really think we at NBC are looking for is someone to speak loquaciously without ever saying anything of substance. We're thinking Jim Gray.

NHL Executive.

Jim Gray could work. We're not sure if he's done hockey, though. I mean, we appreciate that we have this input, but our instinct is to veto that if we can.

NBC Executive.

Okay. Fine. Gray's out. Now, my daughter is a big Aladdin fan, remember Aladdin?

NHL Executive.

Oh, yes, of course. We used to get paid to be at Disney, after all!

[All laugh nervously.]

NBC Executive.

Right. Well, she's a big hockey fan, too, and she really influenced me to bring you guys on board. Now, her favorite character in the whole movie is that agitated parrot. I think he was voiced by--

NHL Executive.

--Gilbert Gottfried?

NBC Executive.

Yes, that's it!

NHL Executive.

With all due respect, our research shows that we have no evidence that Gilbert Gottfried has ever called a hockey game.

NBC Executive.

And with all due respect to you, our research shows that we have no evidence that Gary Bettman has ever seen a hockey game.

NHL Executive.

Well, I'm sorry, but this is absurd.

NBC Executive.

Okay. Look. Let's be real. You're a pet project. I'm the one putting my neck on the line here. I want Jim Gray rambling, or Gilbert Gottfried squawking, and that's final. Is there anything you can do for me.

NHL Executive.

No, there's n--

[Epiphany.]

Heyyy. Put on MSG.

Doc Emrick.

THE BLACK IMPLEMENT CONFERRED TO ELIAS WHO SERPENTINES AROUND YASHIN HE RECOILS A DRIIIIIIIIIIIVE OOHHHHH WAFFLEBOARDED AWAY OFF THE PIIIIIPE

Both executives.

We have a deal!

Exeunt.

POTD?

POTD?

I'll second that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Helene Elliot of the LA Times says on Twitter that NBCSN is saying the West Finals start Sunday at 5 PM Pacific.

Probably assume that the East Finals start on Monday then.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

:censored:

My sentiments exactly...

Just wait until you see how the Yankees game ended!

:censored:

D'oh!

However, Brad Richards has never lost in a Game 7. I wonder what tricks he has up his bag to send New York to a date with New Jersey for Hudson River supremacy. 13 goals in 18 periods for New York in this series. Hunter absolutely has the NY offense on lockdown.

spacer.png

Archived