The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Phoenix Coyotes are in the Western Finals and so far they have had home ice in all 3 rounds. The Coyotes are 1 round away from the Stanley Cup Finals and they are not a Cinderalla team. :shocked:

Yet for some reason, I am unable to name one top Coyotes player besides Mike Smith and Shane Doan, unless I look it up.

The Phoenix Coyotes are in the Western Finals and so far they have had home ice in all 3 rounds. The Coyotes are 1 round away from the Stanley Cup Finals and they are not a Cinderalla team. :shocked:

Yet for some reason, I am unable to name one top Coyotes player besides Mike Smith and Shane Doan, unless I look it up.

I can rattle off a few other names: Radim Vrbata (leading Coyotes goal scorer in the regular season), Ray Whitney, Keith Yandle, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jason LaBarbera, and most importantly of all, Raffi Torres.

I know it's hyenias but it's still umm... describing of the upcoming series I guess

Eh, not seeing it. Gary Bettman's not cool enough to be Scar :D

Give Bettman his due though... Like Scar, he is a really manipulative bastard.

Remember when Mike Smith sucked and then they changed goalie pad sizing to player specific? Now he's not getting lit up like a Christmas tree. Hmm....

Having a phalanx in front of him during every abortive scoring chance helps as well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know it's hyenias but it's still umm... describing of the upcoming series I guess

Yeah, but instead of being cunning with the distinguished voice of Jeremy Irons he's just infuriatingly condescending with a voice that reminds me of a gerbil trying to talk while someone's pinching its nose shut.

Bettman is clearly skilled in labor and contract law, but for appearances' sake, I really wish the figurehead of the league wasn't The Blue-Haired Lawyer from The Simpsons.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, but instead of being cunning with the distinguished voice of Jeremy Irons he's just infuriating condescending with a voice that reminds me of a gerbil trying to talk while someone's pinching its nose shut.

So....

Zazu?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, but instead of being cunning with the distinguished voice of Jeremy Irons he's just infuriating condescending with a voice that reminds me of a gerbil trying to talk while someone's pinching its nose shut.

So....

Zazu?

Nope. Ed... you know, the dumb hyena.

So....

Zazu?

Nope. Ed... you know, the dumb hyena.

I always though Ed was more a case of obfuscating stupidity.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Uh, let's see, Coyotes players...Ed Beasly, Elaine Scruggs, Gary Bettman...HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I can't believe the Preds are out in 5. They were my pick to win the West.

Anyone but Phoenix. Anyone but Phoenix. Anyone...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived