The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Peckham's not the greatest, and I think his goal scoring calls are pretty grating (maybe I have awful standards towards analyzing goal scoring calls, since I feel the same way about Strader

Well, Strader tends to shout "it went in the net!" much the same way one says "oh, this whole time my glasses were on my face!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 5 was a thing of beauty for the Devils. That was Devils hockey at its best :devils:. Gotta love how they stack the zone smartly and smother a team to death.

Bring on the Rangers, CAN'T WAIT!!!

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Game 5 was a thing of beauty for the Devils. That was Devils hockey at its best :devils:. Gotta love how they stack the zone smartly and smother a team to death.

Bring on the Rangers, CAN'T WAIT!!!

Hold your horses chief, dont be like them and jump the gun there. They havent won 4 games against us yet.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

You know, I was just giving credit to the Devils at the end of the regular season for being a pretty good scoring team and not relying on their old ways. Now this. Bummer. I rather like the Flyers.

Regular season goal-scoring for remaining playoff teams:

New York: 11th

Washington: 14th

New Jersey: 15th

Phoenix: 18th

Los Angeles: 29th

Six of the top eight scoring teams went out in the first round, the other two were #3 Philly and #8 Nashville. I don't recommend scoring.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Injuries and everything, it's shocking to see Washington middle-of-the-pack in goal scoring, and playing all these low scoring games in the playoffs.

I know Dale Hunter has instilled the defense-first approach, but it's amazing to me to see how well it has worked for Hunter when Boudreau tried the same thing last year, and they ended up with a miserable sweep in the second round. Hunter's gotten more by reducing the team's talent level. I know a lot of Caps fans grew to revile the hiring of Hunter earlier in the season, but there really can be any more regrets given how far the Caps have gone. Last year, I would say they have no chance of winning Game 6 after that epic letdown late, but I definitely think Hunter's Caps can.

After the way Philly disposed Pittsburgh in the opening round, it's also pretty shocking to see them lose four straight and bow out in the second round. Ilya Bryzgalov sent them all of one win further in the playoffs! And, in the process, Philly did not win the Atlantic Division and gain a top-four seed after doing so in 2011.

Really, outside of a two week stretch in, I believe, March, the Bryz was a humangous disappointment all season long. And that was exemplified in the playoffs, where he was awful basically throughout.

Lastly, Peter DeBoer must feel like he hit the jackpot. From three years at the bottom of the East stuck in Florida, to the Conference Finals in his first year in Jersey directly thereafter.

spacer.png

So, a sweep and a pair of 5-gamers in the second round.

Kinda boring. And looking like a battle of the Hudson is likely in the Eastern Conference Finals. Party like it's 1994!

Revenge.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Everything about the last five teams is a throwback to the 90s: a 1993 Stanley Cup Finals entrant, the 1994 Stanley Cup champs, the 1995 Cup champs, a 1996-vintage relocation team, and a 1998 Stanley Cup Finalist.

Next thing you know the Coyotes will go Picasso Coyote for their third. Hey, you can always dream!

The Flyers still win both of the trades they made last summer because Courtier and Scheen will both end up being better than Richards and Carter. The Flyers lost big time though when they decided to build a team around Bryzgalov. He's deffinetly not the main reason they lost but he has been a huge disappointment and is not the franchise the Flyers were hoping for.

Everything about the last five teams is a throwback to the 90s: a 1993 Stanley Cup Finals entrant, the 1994 Stanley Cup champs, the 1995 Cup champs, a 1996-vintage relocation team, and a 1998 Stanley Cup Finalist.

Next thing you know the Coyotes will go Picasso Coyote for their third. Hey, you can always dream!

You know, I'm a real traditionalist but I would love to see the Coyotes bring back one of their old jerseys... about five minutes before the sale to Quebec City goes through.

Seriously though, the Coyotes' old uniforms were better than what they have now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh the Picassoyote will be worn alright...by me at my house! :D Seriously, just about my favorite of all the sports jerseys I own.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I really want Devils Rangers just like everyone else in the tri-state area, but I got a weird feeling about the Captials in games 6 and 7. All I know is, this will NOT be easy for the Rangers. But the New Jersey Devils!! I knew after game 1 they would never let one slip away from them and they cleary dominated the next 4 games. This was just a roadblock that the Devils easily passed, and now we are getting jiggy with it in the East Finals :boogie: !

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

You know, I'm a real traditionalist but I would love to see the Coyotes bring back one of their old jerseys... about five minutes before the sale to Quebec City goes through.

Seriously though, the Coyotes' old uniforms were better than what they have now.

Picasso Coyote is one of the greatest jerseys ever, and I refuse to hear arguments to the contrary.

I liked the regular home/roads they had - the green alt was something else unbelievable!

Yep. The Coyotes original jerseys were miles better than what's currently being worn. Miss the purple and hunter green

That's not to say that the Coyotes' current uniforms are bad, of course.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I know we're getting ahead of ourselves here, but does anyone know tentatively when the conference finals are supposed to start? Is it like the NBA where they'll proceed as soon as all series are done or is there a set date they start on regardless of whether all series went 4/5 games instead of say, 6/7?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'm gonna say that no matter what we won't start until Saturday at the earliest. That seems pretty obvious with a potential Caps/Rangers Game 7 on Friday, but I think it'll probably deal with what the NHL wants to do TV-wise. With just the two series, Sat/Sun are the NBC days, so it depends on if they want to start with just the East series on Sunday or West series on Saturday.

There also hasn't been a day without a game in these playoffs so far (Thursday will probably be the first), so idk if the NHL is really committed to this "Every Game, Every Night" thing, or if it's just been coincidence.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived