The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Helene Elliot of the LA Times says on Twitter that NBCSN is saying the West Finals start Sunday at 5 PM Pacific.

Probably assume that the East Finals start on Monday then.

Thanks for that. Hope its right since I'm going to a wedding on Saturday.

PopHeading-1.gif

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helene Elliot of the LA Times says on Twitter that NBCSN is saying the West Finals start Sunday at 5 PM Pacific.

Probably assume that the East Finals start on Monday then.

Thanks for that. Hope its right since I'm going to a wedding on Saturday.

I thought I read somewhere where the NHL said that the West Finals won't begin before either of the Eastern series were over, so I think you're safe for Saturday no matter what.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

:censored:

My sentiments exactly...

Just wait until you see how the Yankees game ended!

:censored:

D'oh!

However, Brad Richards has never lost in a Game 7. I wonder what tricks he has up his bag to send New York to a date with New Jersey for Hudson River supremacy. 13 goals in 18 periods for New York in this series. Hunter absolutely has the NY offense on lockdown.

Yeah, but I'm a big Mets fan...so that was nice to see in the Bronx, + a sweep of Philly. Of course I'd trade it to have won game six.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

If the Capitals lose game 7 then can we please put a moratorium on all "lolz the capz choked again" posts? First of all, they're a 7 seed. By making it out of the first round, they've by definition, already not choked. Two, They've eliminated the defending champions and they've taken the 1 seed to a game 7. If you call that choking then you don't know what choking is.

Choking is when a team with high expectations fails to meet said expectations. Everyone thought this Capitals team would lose easily to Boston in the first round. Losing in game 7 of the second round is not choking.

/not directed at anyone in particular.

PvO6ZWJ.png

POTD?

I'll second that.

Thirded, or fourthed, someone give the man a ribbon.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

"LUNDQVIST SCISSORED!"

Oh, Doc. :lol:

Hm, I didn't think he had the parts for that.

A SHORT PLAY DRAMATIZING

THE OSTENSIBLE PROCESS OF HIRING

DOC EMRICK FOR THE NHL ON NBC.

NHL Executive.

So we're really looking forward to being on NBC.

NBC Executive.

And we're looking forward to carrying the NHL.

NHL Executive.

And we're all looking forward to splitting the spot rates on this!

[All laugh nervously.]

NBC Executive.

Okay. Down to business. Play-by-play. What I really think we at NBC are looking for is someone to speak loquaciously without ever saying anything of substance. We're thinking Jim Gray.

NHL Executive.

Jim Gray could work. We're not sure if he's done hockey, though. I mean, we appreciate that we have this input, but our instinct is to veto that if we can.

NBC Executive.

Okay. Fine. Gray's out. Now, my daughter is a big Aladdin fan, remember Aladdin?

NHL Executive.

Oh, yes, of course. We used to get paid to be at Disney, after all!

[All laugh nervously.]

NBC Executive.

Right. Well, she's a big hockey fan, too, and she really influenced me to bring you guys on board. Now, her favorite character in the whole movie is that agitated parrot. I think he was voiced by--

NHL Executive.

--Gilbert Gottfried?

NBC Executive.

Yes, that's it!

NHL Executive.

With all due respect, our research shows that we have no evidence that Gilbert Gottfried has ever called a hockey game.

NBC Executive.

And with all due respect to you, our research shows that we have no evidence that Gary Bettman has ever seen a hockey game.

NHL Executive.

Well, I'm sorry, but this is absurd.

NBC Executive.

Okay. Look. Let's be real. You're a pet project. I'm the one putting my neck on the line here. I want Jim Gray rambling, or Gilbert Gottfried squawking, and that's final. Is there anything you can do for me.

NHL Executive.

No, there's n--

[Epiphany.]

Heyyy. Put on MSG.

Doc Emrick.

THE BLACK IMPLEMENT CONFERRED TO ELIAS WHO SERPENTINES AROUND YASHIN HE RECOILS A DRIIIIIIIIIIIVE OOHHHHH WAFFLEBOARDED AWAY OFF THE PIIIIIPE

Both executives.

We have a deal!

Exeunt.

postofday.png

Important note: One more ribbon, and Admiral will be able to redeem his CCSLC Frequent POTDer Card for a complimentary second trip to the pepper bar at his local participating Quizno's. 3 more ribbons awards him $10 in Lake County Fielders FunBuxx!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Really? I understand that the POTD has been watered down by the nearly 50 nominations each day, and it was a good post, but POTD? Not so sure.

Award it how you all see fit.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Really? I understand that the POTD has been watered down by the nearly 50 nominations each day, and it was a good post, but POTD? Not so sure.

Award it how you all see fit.

I'll bear this in mind the next time you seek out additional condiment privileges at a substandard sandwich chain, good sir. There are rules and standards here.

(there are not actually rules or standards)

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I can't even find a Quizno's anymore. I had to take a sabbatical from Subway when they started knowing my order when I came in (football spicy Italian with pepper jack, lettuce, cumcumbers, bell peppers, onions, jalapenos, pepperoncini, giardiniera, sweet onion sauce, oregano) and I almost had a panic attack over being so predictable.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"LUNDQVIST SCISSORED!"

Oh, Doc. :lol:

Hm, I didn't think he had the parts for that.

A SHORT PLAY DRAMATIZING

THE OSTENSIBLE PROCESS OF HIRING

DOC EMRICK FOR THE NHL ON NBC.

NHL Executive.

So we're really looking forward to being on NBC.

NBC Executive.

And we're looking forward to carrying the NHL.

NHL Executive.

And we're all looking forward to splitting the spot rates on this!

[All laugh nervously.]

NBC Executive.

Okay. Down to business. Play-by-play. What I really think we at NBC are looking for is someone to speak loquaciously without ever saying anything of substance. We're thinking Jim Gray.

NHL Executive.

Jim Gray could work. We're not sure if he's done hockey, though. I mean, we appreciate that we have this input, but our instinct is to veto that if we can.

NBC Executive.

Okay. Fine. Gray's out. Now, my daughter is a big Aladdin fan, remember Aladdin?

NHL Executive.

Oh, yes, of course. We used to get paid to be at Disney, after all!

[All laugh nervously.]

NBC Executive.

Right. Well, she's a big hockey fan, too, and she really influenced me to bring you guys on board. Now, her favorite character in the whole movie is that agitated parrot. I think he was voiced by--

NHL Executive.

--Gilbert Gottfried?

NBC Executive.

Yes, that's it!

NHL Executive.

With all due respect, our research shows that we have no evidence that Gilbert Gottfried has ever called a hockey game.

NBC Executive.

And with all due respect to you, our research shows that we have no evidence that Gary Bettman has ever seen a hockey game.

NHL Executive.

Well, I'm sorry, but this is absurd.

NBC Executive.

Okay. Look. Let's be real. You're a pet project. I'm the one putting my neck on the line here. I want Jim Gray rambling, or Gilbert Gottfried squawking, and that's final. Is there anything you can do for me.

NHL Executive.

No, there's n--

[Epiphany.]

Heyyy. Put on MSG.

Doc Emrick.

THE BLACK IMPLEMENT CONFERRED TO ELIAS WHO SERPENTINES AROUND YASHIN HE RECOILS A DRIIIIIIIIIIIVE OOHHHHH WAFFLEBOARDED AWAY OFF THE PIIIIIPE

Both executives.

We have a deal!

Exeunt.

postofday.png

Important note: One more ribbon, and Admiral will be able to redeem his CCSLC Frequent POTDer Card for a complimentary second trip to the pepper bar at his local participating Quizno's. 3 more ribbons awards him $10 in Lake County Fielders FunBuxx!

That wasn't even close to being a post of the day. I'm sorry, but it wasn't funny, amusing, or even worth reading. Secondly, a post of the day should have punch to it, like a right hook that you never saw coming. It should be short and sweet, not long and rambling and extremely unentertaining which this "post of the day" is.

That wasn't even close to being a post of the day. I'm sorry, but it wasn't funny, amusing, or even worth reading. Secondly, a post of the day should have punch to it, like a right hook that you never saw coming. It should be short and sweet, not long and rambling and extremely unentertaining which this "post of the day" is.

You're every bit as good a judge of humor as you are of NHL captaincy. There's something to be said for consistency!

Doc really is the best hockey play-by-play guy going right now, and of my generation.

I understand, different strokes for different folks, but Doc is really the voice of hockey.

Despite what TCR says...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Don't get me wrong, I love listening to Doc, but as I've said before, Gary Thorne is the voice of hockey to me. Always will be. Probably had alot to do with being a 90's kid and catching lots of games on ESPN, as well as associating most of the Stanley Cups I watched as a kid with him. Sure nowadays Doc's the guy, but I still think of Thorne first when the subject of hockey broadcasters comes up.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Love Thorne too... he was the first hockey play-by-play guy i can remember (when he was the Devils PBP man on SportsChannel, in between Doc's stints in Jersey)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

To me, the best announcing tandem has always been Gary Thorne and Bill Clement, but my personal voice of hockey has been Jeff Rimer (CBJ play-by-play). He's always been a solid commentator, but he's less excited announcing these days.

Manchester-City-icon.png

Archived