The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

I'm happy the Kings won last night, I missed the third period because I wasn't feeling well.

Anywho, I can't wait for tonights game. $5 that there's going to be a scrap off the opening faceoff :P

Yeah it's only about hockey now. You won't see shenanigans (or Shanahan-igans) like that.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the anyone but New York wagon. I don't even care if it's Phoenix, as long as those huns lose I'm happy.

Wow, you're still bitter over 1994?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm on the anyone but New York wagon. I don't even care if it's Phoenix, as long as those huns lose I'm happy.

Yeah were you even born or old enough to care?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Yeah were you even born or old enough to care?

According to his profile, he was born the day after game seven.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Three Cups in and i'm still bitter...

Fu*k the Rags...

That's a rivalry separated by six miles and the Hudson River.

Vancouver is 3,000 miles away from New York.

So totally different. The Yankees could be better than the Red Sox for the rest of eternity, but I will always be bitter about the 2004 ALCS. That's just the nature of rivalry.

spacer.png

I am telling you Tortorella knows how to get Pierre McGuire to shut up during his interviews. Did you see how short his interview after the first period? At least 15-20 seconds.

In that case, Torts needs to teach a class for every other coach in the league.

For as much John Tortorella, Brad Richards, and King Hank fellating I have done in this thread, I do have to now offer one significant contrasting bit.

Torts and Richards won the Cup because they were a rare offensively good team in the Dead Puck Era. Where the hell is New York's offense? 0-0 through two periods, and there have been no games they've played decided by more than two goals.

Yes, that means close games. That also generally means low-scoring games. Torts has a team playing classic Dead Puck Era hockey post-lockout, and yes, I'm aware of the fact that goal scoring is dropping again league-wide. It's not an excuse.

Here's to hoping for some third period histrionics at the Garden.

spacer.png

LOL at Jamie McLennan on NHL Network: "How did Quick surrender a goal from the parking lot last night?"

Any goal scored in Phoenix is from a parking lot.*

*future

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Devils outplayed the Rags, Rags get a few lucky bounces...

On to Game 2...

Yeah, if this were a boxing match it'd have been scored 10-9 Devs in the first 2 periods without a doubt. Rangers finally got some life in the 3rd, and Lundqvist was awesome.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

"Huns"?

Are you a closet Galsgow Celtic fan?

Actually yes. My entire Dad's side of my family has supported Celtic forever (one of my relatives in Scotland has been a season ticket holder for over 40 years too) My Dad has also hated on the NY Rangers long before '94 (that just added more fuel to the fire.) and has always called them the huns, I was raised hating on em so I'll carry it on.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Archived