Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I went to sleep. I know it's early but it appears Bowman's doing the 2011 "Grindy Old Cheap Guy" shuffle again. Brookbank? His picture is in the dictionary next to "Meh."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Brookbank will be fine as a 6th/7th guy, but we still need a #2 center. I don't think there's one out there, though. Crap.

I hope Garrison really sucks now and makes the Canucks look bad, by the way.

Samuelsson will go back to being useful on the Red Wings. Jordin Tootoo was never useful.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Brookbank will be fine as a 6th/7th guy, but we still need a #2 center. I don't think there's one out there, though. Crap.

I hope Garrison really sucks now and makes the Canucks look bad, by the way.

Samuelsson will go back to being useful on the Red Wings. Jordin Tootoo was never useful.

Another year of hoping to christ Kruger figures it out, I suppose.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You can't figure out "stop having the body of a high school freshman" some seven years after being a high school freshman. He can't play in this league. The end

You can't figure out "stop having the body of a high school freshman" some seven years after being a high school freshman. He can't play in this league. The end

This is making me relive all of his shifts last season where he resembled a bag of potatoes on ice skates. I've sunk a foot down in my desk chair.

twitter

He should be so lucky as to resemble a bag of potatoes. Some'a those fuggers're heavy! He isn't! I just have no place for a #4 center whose only asset is "pretty good defensive positioning" with no scoring, no faceoff wins, no short-shift suitability, whatever. I wonder if Gaustad is still available. Sigh.

He should be so lucky as to resemble a bag of potatoes. Some'a those fuggers're heavy! He isn't! I just have no place for a #4 center whose only asset is "pretty good defensive positioning" with no scoring, no faceoff wins, no short-shift suitability, whatever. I wonder if Gaustad is still available. Sigh.

Maybe just a potato, then. A potato that's perpetually on his ass and/or sandblasted onto the boards.

twitter

Leafs can't pay people to come to Toronto. :mad:

Did you really think Marty was ever to leave New Jersey, let alone for a pathetic franchise like the Leafs who are the only NHL team not to make the playoffs since the Lock out.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Leafs can't pay people to come to Toronto. :mad:

Did you really think Marty was ever to leave New Jersey, let alone for a pathetic franchise like the Leafs who are the only NHL team not to make the playoffs since the Lock out.

Is that a question or...or what the hell is that?

twitter

I can't believe Aucoin is still in this league. When he was with the Blackhawks, he looked like he was on the verge of being attritioned out. He's hung around quite a while since then.

Foligno for Methot looks like a good trade, but Foligno's worth may have been inflated by his D partner, you never know.

I can't believe Aucoin is still in this league. When he was with the Blackhawks, he looked like he was on the verge of being attritioned out. He's hung around quite a while since then.

Foligno for Methot looks like a good trade, but Foligno's worth may have been inflated by his D partner, you never know.

Foligno's a forward...

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

#PariseWatch

#OrSuter

#EvenSemin

#JustGetSidAWingerDammit

They probably could've if it wasn't for that contract he just signed. Doesn't he get enough in endorsements that he could take a nice discount. Like is $6million a year really that bad? This goes for all players too not just Sid.

That's about a 30 million dollar discount.... that 2.7 adds up.

The Penguins don't really need any more top 6 guys anyways. They lead the league in goals per game, and that's with Crosby only playing about a quater of the season. They're already loaded, they should use whatever cap space they have on the blue line.

True, but when you have the opportunity to finally get a winger for the guy who's supposed to be the face of your franchise, why not? With the way Sid plays, if you put a scorer on his line, you have two very scary lines, assuming the Neal/Malkin/Kunitz line performs like it did last year.

I do agree that defense is an issue, but Shero just drafted and signed a bunch of defensive prospects, and they have Despres in Wilkes-Barre who played well in his NHL appearances, and Niskanen is locked up for a little bit. If Letang matures and Paul Martin can bounce back after a sub-par season and Orpik can keep being Orpik, then the penguins are pretty good at defense up front. The last couple seasons taught us how important depth can be with injuries, so I agree they need at least one more big guy to solidify the defense, and they have lacked a pure shut-down big-body guy for a few years, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't believe that to be something that always comes back to bite them. If Shero signs someone like that, I'll be all for it.

If Shero doesn't get Parise, I think he'll get someone else who can help the team, and I don't think he can necessarily go wrong either way. He's already got a damn good team to work with.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Foligno's a forward...

oh CRAP I was thinking of the other guy who went somewhere else. goddamn heatstroke. It's too hot for hockey.

Archived