Good Album Artwork

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolution (Muse), Brothers (The Black Keys), and Steal This Album (System of a Down) are some of my all time favorites, but they've already been posted so I won't double up.

A "few" more.... http://c438342.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/Fleet-Foxes.jpg

Fleet Foxes' S/T shouldn't really count, since it was originally a painting. Dunno how you feel about the cover of Helplessness Blues, though.

I have an inherent bias towards album art that have barely visible titles or band names in the front. If I can find a version of the cover without the name of both the album and the artist, then I'm a happy camper.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Ben Folds Five released the cover (and title for that matter) of their upcoming album today.

tab_width.jpg

I like it. A lot.

I will love Ben Folds forever (listened to Rockin' the Suburbs last night!) but he probably shouldn't make new music anymore. I bet that album's gonna have a rollicking piano-pop chestnut called "This Food's Too F-ckin' Spicy Now" or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ben Folds Five released the cover (and title for that matter) of their upcoming album today.

tab_width.jpg

I like it. A lot.

I will love Ben Folds forever (listened to Rockin' the Suburbs last night!) but he probably shouldn't make new music anymore. I bet that album's gonna have a rollicking piano-pop chestnut called "This Food's Too F-ckin' Spicy Now" or something.

Hah! I agree he certainly isn't as good as he once was, although I do have a feeling that with the trio back together, this will at least be a better effort than Way to Normal. I just can't see there being any Hiroshima-esque tracks on this one, although he has said that one of the hooks will be "If you can't draw a crowd, draw a dick on the wall". We'll see where this goes. B)

EDIT: it appears my original image link isn't working, so might as well post it again.

Thesoundofthelifeofthemind.jpg

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

although he has said that one of the hooks will be "If you can't draw a crowd, draw a dick on the wall".

ugh see this is what I'm talking about. Time to give up the piano-pop ghost and start scoring semi-mainstream films, Ben.

• 2 weeks later...

Honest to god, i think this is one of the greatest album covers of all time, with no influence on the music at all.

51MzqQbRXnL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Took me years before I saw that NYC was made out of spoons, knives, and forks. Or that the lady was supposed to be the Statue of Liberty. Dum-dum.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I was listening to this album last night! Remarkable. It's pretty good, at least for the first half. Can't keep up that quality forever, I guess.

Archived