Uniform Evolution Challenge Event #2

robbman21

Okay,it's now time for Event #2.I was really pleased with the turnout and the results of the first event,which focused on the NHL.Now for event #2 it's time for the NBA in honor of the approaching NBA finals.The rules are the same as the first event,where you choose from the list of teams I have selected and re-do their classic uniform with either new colors to the old uni,the old colors on the new uni,

or a 'through-the-years' evolution of the uni as it would be today were it still worn

(hence the name).Here is the list below,and I will let it go until I think we have a nice # of entries.I got 12 for the NHL challenge,so my goal is 15 entries for this one.Good luck to all and I look forward to seeing your concepts!!

TEAMS:

New Orleans/Utah Jazz(purple pre-current unis)

Milwaukee Bucks '3-Green' unis

San Francisco Warriors 'The City' unis

Denver Nuggets 'Rainbow' (you can choose either the royal/gold A.English style OR

the black/forest green Kiki Vandewegh color-style)

New York Knicks 1980 maroon & navy unis (Michael Ray Richardson)

Atlanta Hawks 1972-73 royal/lime green

98Falcons.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logolympiad was on event 6 and 7 when I started this,and with them on Event 11

now they will be over with before even this phase of the Challenge is complete.

The possibility of other contests running during the Logolympics has been discussed in this forum before and if I did not think I would gain ample submisisons or if one would effect the other I definitely would NOT do it out of respect for WiB,

who on and off of this board I have much respect for.Had he himself not stated here that he had no problems with other contests running along with his then I would never have considered doing this.

98Falcons.png

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Here's my Nuggets concept,based on the black and green 'rainbow' unis.I am thinking about doing all the teams in my list just to do them,and then just picking one or two to put up in the challenge.As always....enjoy!

HOME:

Nuggets_Home.jpg

ROAD:

Nuggets_Road.jpg

98Falcons.png

Sorry to burst your bubble there, robbman21, but in the Kiki-as-a-player era of Nuggets hoops, they had navy blue and dark green.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Here's my submission for the 2003-2004 New York Knicks (as if I was going to choose anyone else :P ) uniforms and logos using the 1980-1983 color scheme of royal blue and maroon.

EvolutionChallenge_Knicks.gif

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Oh, c'mon! We need more entries--This guy's contest has been the only one I have been competitive in (and I think I have a good football one ready).

This series of contests is a good idea. Let's keep it going. :D

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Oh, c'mon!  We need more entries--This guy's contest has been the only one I have been competitive in (and I think I have a good football one ready).

This series of contests is a good idea.  Let's keep it going. :D

I second that!

My entry: The triple-green Milwaukee Bucks...

bucks-evolution-02.gif

C&C Welcome!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Oh, c'mon! We need more entries--This guy's contest has been the only one I have been competitive in (and I think I have a good football one ready).

This series of contests is a good idea. Let's keep it going. :D

I second that!

My entry: The triple-green Milwaukee Bucks...

bucks-evolution-02.gif

C&C Welcome!

i like these. nice work.

This thread is a good idea and has been dormant...so...I present THE CITY:

Note: Brian Cardinal went to my High School, that's why I'm using basically a glorified bench player. He did get career highs this year though. And I'm not talking 9 points either...

goldcity.jpg

I said I was probably going to do all the teams in my list just to see what I could come up with,and so here is my Milwaukee Bucks concept.We aready have 2 Bucks so I seriously doubt I will put this one up in voting,but I like how it turned-out regardless.Enjoy!!

HOME:

Bucks_Home.jpg

ROAD:

Bucks_Road.jpg

98Falcons.png

Archived