International Football Musings

crashcarson15

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this on the weekend when he learnt the date he'd be making his Doncaster debut.

If he thinks it was hard playing in a glamour friendly with pros and celebs, he's going to be in for a hell of a shock when he turns out for Donny reserves against Scunthorpe.

Bad news too for his fans, as the game is on a school night.

We can therefore conclude the young boy in question is a great bloody tart.

Not really. He got hurt; he can't really control that fact.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

We can therefore conclude the young boy in question is a great bloody tart.

Not really. He got hurt; he can't really control that fact.

The point is that he got hurt in a rather innocuous challenge, which he was eventually able to walk away from so it can't be all that serious. Despite this, he still ended up vomitting pitchside. Something which would lead to people questioning your toughness at any level - even a pick up game of 5 a side.

He also gave up the right to be seen/treated as only a 'celebrity' and not a professional when he signed that contract for Doncaster - IMO at least.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Looking at the CONMEBOL qualifying for the world cup, I can't help but feel depressed. My legion for South American countries has been split between Uruguay and Ecuador, who are 2 points apart (Ecuador over Uruguay) with two games left, and one of them will get in, the other will go to a playoff against Asia which will likely be against Australia. I expect Ecuador to win their next game over Bolivia and I think Uruguay can beat Colombia if they try hard enough since they're a good team; so the teams will still maintain their difference into the last game.

So, in short, I can't decide who I want to cheer for, even though I'd say that Ecuador has maybe a 75-80% chance of getting into a World Cup spot while Uruguay would face a tight match against Australia. My loyalties are divided, but I want both of them to get in, and that looks kind of slim, doable, but slim.

Actually the playoff is between either Jordan or Uzbekistan to take on a South American team.

Which means it's basically a guarantee that the fifth place South American team will qualify.

Oh good, I must have been looking at outdated standings then :upside:

Sepp Blatter realizes Qatar in the summer is unreasonably hot, wants to move 2022 World Cup to winter.I'm sure this won't upset pretty much every soccer league in the world and their fellow corrupt athletic profiteers in the IOC.

So that would put the World Cup up against either NFL Playoffs or the Winter Olympics. I'm sure FOX is thrilled by that... Not that moving it is going to pass.Oh and LOL Mexico

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2420833/Qatar-feel-heat-2022-World-Cup.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Well guess I was right about that.

This kind of slipped under my radar initially but has brought apout a few (slightly) interesting points.

The Gibraltar Football Association has been granted full UEFA membership

1). This means that they will compete in UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying.

2). Following from the above link to qualifying, it shows that certain teams are kept apart due to political disuptes (inc. Spain and Gibraltar). While this makes sense, I wasn't actually aware this happened. England should start wars with all the teams they want to avoid :P

3). There will be world record scores posted against Gibraltar as their best player is a 34 year old Stoke reject Danny Higginbotham, currently playing for non-league Chester FC.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I'm sure they'll work hard to find players with Gibraltar eligibility, much like teams like Italy do for hockey. You're still right, though; it's really cool that Gibraltar is a member now, but they'll go right into the same category as teams such as San Marino.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Never mind the politics - what will Gibraltar be wearing?

xyo5.jpg

9joe.png

The red kit is the home, the white the away - there's also a third kit which is an identical design, but in dark blue with a white stripe.

That stripe, incidentally, is described by Admiral as a 'defiance strip' that 'runs across the player's heart'. Hmm.

I don't know what the actual eligibility requirements are to play for them but us British posters had best stay near a phone just on the off chance we get a call up. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived