International Football Musings

crashcarson15

With the transfer window opening, I figured it's as good of a time as ever to start up the next edition of the European thread!

Any predictions you guys have?

Also, looking at the coefficients, an über Group of Death could be created this year in the UCL. The top four leagues' champions could all be drawn in the same group, as Real Madrid will be in Pot 1, Manchester City will be in Pot 2, Juventus will be in Pot 3, and Borussia Dortmund will likely be in Pot 4. That would be one hell of a group.

Let's get to discussing!

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be very surprised to see Silva move. He's the cornerstone of Milan's club really, and it doesn't seem like they're too interested in moving him. Apparently Ibrahimovic is also being targeted by PSG as well. I could get behind Pastore feeding Ibra all year long.

EDIT: Alexandre Pato is also a target for PSG. May as well try and sign their entire team..

Manchester-City-icon.png

Thing is, can you really turn down an offer of around ?50 million for a defender? Especially when your club is hemorrhaging money right now? All signs keep pointing to him moving... then again, as we've seen during the past year, deals can be "nearly" completed and fall through at the last minute.

6fQjS3M.png

I would be very surprised to see Silva move. He's the cornerstone of Milan's club really, and it doesn't seem like they're too interested in moving him. Apparently Ibrahimovic is also being targeted by PSG as well. I could get behind Pastore feeding Ibra all year long.

EDIT: Alexandre Pato is also a target for PSG. May as well try and sign their entire team..

Yeah, rumor has it that PSG is trying to make a deal happen where they get Silva & Ibra for $77M in a package deal.

If I was running Milan, I'd take that money & run.

Apparently Harry Redknapp has left Spurs, just waiting for an official announcement

What's the reason he's leaving? I didn't think he'd be on the didn't next year, but that's because I thought he'd be in Poland/Ukraine right now. Pretty disappointing...

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Apparently Harry Redknapp has left Spurs, just waiting for an official announcement

What's the reason he's leaving? I didn't think he'd be on the didn't next year, but that's because I thought he'd be in Poland/Ukraine right now. Pretty disappointing...

There has often been tension between Redknapp and Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy. Redknapp hasn't had the kind of control over personnel that he likes. Big choice now for Spurs. Everton manager David Moyes has been mentioned, but that's not the direction I'd go personally.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Premier league fixtures out today, Southampton's first 4 are Man City, Wigan, Man United and Arsenal. Looked at the rest of the fixtures looking for the respite, and it occurred to me, the Premier League isastrong division! No Scunthorpes or Colchesters!!

Here is the complete opening day list

Arsenal v Sunderland

Everton v Manchester United

Fulham v Norwich City

Manchester City v Southampton

Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Queens Park Rangers v Swansea City

Reading v Stoke City

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool

West Ham United v Aston Villa

Wigan Athletic v Chelsea

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Premier league fixtures out today, Southampton's first 4 are Man City, Wigan, Man United and Arsenal. Looked at the rest of the fixtures looking for the respite, and it occurred to me, the Premier League isastrong division! No Scunthorpes or Colchesters!!

Here is the complete opening day list

Arsenal v Sunderland

Everton v Manchester United

Fulham v Norwich City

Manchester City v Southampton

Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Queens Park Rangers v Swansea City

Reading v Stoke City

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool

West Ham United v Aston Villa

Wigan Athletic v Chelsea

Oh there is, it's just that we're them now :)

But in all seriousness, can't wait for the season to start, Villa at home should be a good challenge for us

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

• 3 weeks later...

Robin van Persie announces he will leave Arsenal.

Between Suter and Parise signing elsewhere and now this, today has been a swift kick to the groin... Happy 4th everyone.

I feel for Arsenal they always seem to be pushed aside for a bigger club and kind of disregarded:

-RVP saying he won't sign a new contract and has his heart set upon Man City.

-Fabregas pledging his alligience to Arsenal in 2010, and then after Spain win the WC he is jokingly forced to put on a Barcelona shirt and inevitably joining his boyhood club.

-And finally Henry, who at the time was arguably the best player in the world whilst at Arsenal, moving to Barcelona for a seemingley 'better' deal, which ultimately lead to his demise.

Arsenal are an odd club. They really ought to have achieved more in the last 5 years than they have. But the issue is that they have tried to bring in too much young talent without doing anything with it. It's fine stockpiling good young players, but the best will want out if you don't match there ambitions, and it's a hit and miss thing.

RVP will do well wherever he ends up, probably Man City but I wouldn't guarantee it. City have to be careful not to stockpile too much talent, especially when some of them are temperamental guys like Ballotelli. That's the route to an unhappy dressing room. I could see RVP ending up in Spain. Either Barca or Real could make iluse of him.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I mean, obviously RvP, Cesc, and Thierry hurt leaving. But it's not just them. It's EVERY :censored:ING PLAYER AT EVERY :censored:ING POSITION. Cole, Toure, Adebayour, Nasri, the list goes on and on. We are the Florida Marlins or Oakland A's of the 2000's. We develop young talent and go through all the growing pains of maturing that talent. only to have it blossom and let other clubs reap our reward and trophies. Plus, all of Wenger's buys (outside of RvP) have fallen flat year after year.

Arsenal supporters deserve better than Wenger and his awful transfers and recent questionable tactics and better than this cheap ownership who refuses to commit to bringing home trophies.

I mean, obviously RvP, Cesc, and Thierry hurt leaving. But it's not just them. It's EVERY :censored:ING PLAYER AT EVERY :censored:ING POSITION. Cole, Toure, Adebayour, Nasri, the list goes on and on. We are the Florida Marlins or Oakland A's of the 2000's. We develop young talent and go through all the growing pains of maturing that talent. only to have it blossom and let other clubs reap our reward and trophies. Plus, all of Wenger's buys (outside of RvP) have fallen flat year after year.

Arsenal supporters deserve better than Wenger and his awful transfers and recent questionable tactics and better than this cheap ownership who refuses to commit to bringing home trophies.

Wenger's reign has very much been one of two halves. The first half freakin' marvellous. As good a coach/manager as Ferguson. Great signings, effective at building on the team he inherited. Now a bit rubbish. Without the great defence he inherited he has been a bit clueless, in all honesty, at least in terms of challenging for honours.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived