International Football Musings

crashcarson15

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 years after River Plate got regulated in Argentina, 7 time Copa Libertadores winners Independiente go down to the Nacional B.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-22924751

It's quite funny really that the rule meant to keep the big clubs from being relegated on one bad season has in fact sent two of the biggest clubs down in three years.

6fQjS3M.png

2 years after River Plate got relegated in Argentina, 7 time Copa Libertadores winners Independiente go down to the Nacional B.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-22924751

It's quite funny really that the rule meant to keep the big clubs from being relegated on one bad season has in fact sent two of the biggest clubs down in three years.

Boca Juniors was last place in the Torneo Final this year, if they do not improve in the next 2 seasons, they will be in danger in going down as well, they are the only "big" club in Argentina that has never been relegated.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

*facepalm*

The word was right there in what you quoted, yet you still used the wrong one. Twice.

It's relegated. Not regulated. Note the difference, please.

And you call yourself a soccer fan. Shame.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

*facepalm*

The word was right there in what you quoted, yet you still used the wrong one. Twice.

now its fixed...

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

*facepalm*

That's a bit harsh isn't it? I get that he used the wrong word but you coulda just stopped there without insulting his support for the game.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

In which most of the upper reaches of Italy's football pyramid get raided for tax evasion and money laundering.

Maybe Italy should consider taking a decade-long break from this soccer thing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*facepalm*

In fairness it may well have been an auto correction thing. Lets not jump on people over typos. The world will be a better place if we stop jumping on people for the mistakes of the Apple Corporation!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wow, this is pretty sick, especially this:

'Flying from Manchester to watch Werder Bremen would work out cheaper than watching either United or City.'

Lthg3tI.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The worst thing about that rather excellent graphic is that I wasn't surprised by any of it.

When I look into the at times eye watering cost involved in travelling to away matches, I've sometimes wondered if it would be cheaper to get a ferry across to the Netherlands and see a Feyenoord match than it would be to travel down to one of the pricier clubs.

[Huge Image]

It is absolutely disgusting. Like most things which are 'broken' here in the UK though, most people don't realise that the issue lies solely with them - the consumers. If people said 'enough is enough' and stopped attending games due to the high prices I am sure they would drop the prices fairly soon. As long as people keep paying those prices though, those prices will remain.

It is never going to happen though because the vast majority of people are too stupid to realise this and also have no idea what things should really cost.

Further to this, who would attend a game nowadays anyway? I can watch a ridiculous amount of games from the warmth of my home in glorious HD, with a well priced cold beer of my choice, eating proper food with instant updates to the goings on of other games in that league. Even the games that are not televised get streamed all over the internet. It just doesn't makes any sense. I guess it all rolls back to the fan credentials thing.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

[Huge Image]

It is absolutely disgusting. Like most things which are 'broken' here in the UK though, most people don't realise that the issue lies solely with them - the consumers. If people said 'enough is enough' and stopped attending games due to the high prices I am sure they would drop the prices fairly soon. As long as people keep paying those prices though, those prices will remain.

It is never going to happen though because the vast majority of people are too stupid to realise this and also have no idea what things should really cost.

Further to this, who would attend a game nowadays anyway? I can watch a ridiculous amount of games from the warmth of my home in glorious HD, with a well priced cold beer of my choice, eating proper food with instant updates to the goings on of other games in that league. Even the games that are not televised get streamed all over the internet. It just doesn't makes any sense. I guess it all rolls back to the fan credentials thing.

Part of the problem is that there are huge numbers of people who want to go to games, so clubs can afford to alienate fans. In short most of the 'clubs' are really corporations run for profit and will leach as much money out of fans wherever they are. How many German clubs are owned by non Germans? How many British clubs are owned and run by owners who have any sense of the history of the team they own?

Pretty impressive you can get a season ticket for the European Champions for €80. Interesting that they are the cheapest in Germany as well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

How many German clubs are owned by non Germans? How many British clubs are owned and run by owners who have any sense of the history of the team they own?

Hell, with the exception of Wolfsburg, Bayer Leverkusen, and kinda-sorta Hoffenheim (at least at the top-flight), one person can't own more than 49% of a club. German football, in the long run, is going to be economically viable. English football already ísn't. (This is part of why I believe the Bundesliga's the best league in the world.)

6fQjS3M.png

Gold Cup starts today, Canada v Martinique right now and Mexico v Panama later. All games on Fox Soccer Channel.

Also found this handy little resource. Livesoccertv.com

Gold Cup starts today, Canada v Martinique right now and Mexico v Panama later. All games on Fox Soccer Channel.

Also found this handy little resource. Livesoccertv.com

Or one could just turn to Univision on terrestrial or Univision Desportes on cable/satellite to avoid Gus Johnson. I like Gus but FOX has yet to give him a partner who can make him better at soccer.

Archived