International Football Musings

crashcarson15

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My neighbour Gary Jones lifting the trophy at Wembley today as Bradford earned promotion back to League One.

Spoilered due to large size.

16551709.jpg

My namesake (Rory) McArdle scored in the 3-0 Victory too.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I think there's a trophy for that too.

There most certainly is, as this pic proves...

tigertrophy.jpg

The gleaming pot we received for finishing second in the Championship this season. You can feel the excitement.

I think there's a trophy for that too.

There most certainly is, as this pic proves...

tigertrophy.jpg

The gleaming pot we received for finishing second in the Championship this season. You can feel the excitement.

Well, that answers it. :)

I saw, I came, I left.

Hey, hold on how come Southampton didn't get one of those last season!! (I'm sure they must have, just maybe our natural modesty stops us showing it off!)
I'm sure you did get a runner's up trophy, but having lifted the Johnstone's Paint Trophy recently – English football's greatest prize – all other silverware pales into insignificance. ;)

Hey, hold on how come Southampton didn't get one of those last season!! (I'm sure they must have, just maybe our natural modesty stops us showing it off!)
I'm sure you did get a runner's up trophy, but having lifted the Johnstone's Paint Trophy recently – English football's greatest prize – all other silverware pales into insignificance. ;)

Ah, the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, the one trophy you don't want to have a chance to defend the next year.*

*Unless you've been relegated from the Football League.

6fQjS3M.png

Not a trophy we've ever had the honour of lifting, unfortunately.

We made it to the final of the very first Associate Members Cup, as it was then called, and actually had home advantage as the Wembley pitch had been damaged by the Horse of the Year show. However, even playing it at Boothferry Park didn't help us and we ended up losing the match to Bournemouth.

The JPT was Alan Pardew's one great gift to Southampton. Perfect storm really, we weren't really ever going to get promoted that season, as we'd had a points penalty for being in administration, but we had a good team so took the trophy seriously.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived