International Football Musings

crashcarson15

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in Berlin in January, I was talking with a guy who mentioned how much the Bundesliga needed a Champions League triumph... and now they'll get it for the first time in what, 12 years?

Auf geht's Dortmund!

6fQjS3M.png

Huge weekend in the Championship this Saturday at both the top and bottom. I'm predicting Hull to join Cardiff in the Prem with Wolves and Barnsley joining Bristol City as the relegated teams.

Hope Wednesday pull off the win to secure safety for another year. Gonna be a full house at Hillsborough on Saturday, and I'll be right there in the middle of it. Cannot wait!

WAWAW

Wolves? Wow. That's another quick fall.

I don't think the Championship gets the credit it deserves.

Just look at the current point differential between playoffs (67) and relegation (54). It is a difficult league but in a completely different way to the premier league. Which is why I think that relegated teams can often find it difficult. You need a different type of player to be competitive.

Also, look at the fact that teams promoted to the premier league have often been successful in staying up in the past few years.

League Table for reference:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...mpionship/table

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Yeah really bad times at Molineux. After their game last weeks game about 2,000 fans invaded the pitch to show their anger at the board.

Shows that money isn't everything, they have one of if not the biggest wage bill in the Championship. Apparently Jamie O'hara is on 30k a week and has only played a handful of games.

Just shows you the state of affairs when players think their bigger than the club. O'Hara is a prime example of a footballer who steals a living, because he is absolute pish!

Yeah really bad times at Molineux. After their game last weeks game about 2,000 fans invaded the pitch to show their anger at the board.

Shows that money isn't everything, they have one of if not the biggest wage bill in the Championship. Apparently Jamie O'hara is on 30k a week and has only played a handful of games.

Just shows you the state of affairs when players think their bigger than the club. O'Hara is a prime example of a footballer who steals a living, because he is absolute pish!

I do not have an ounce of pity for any premiership team who does not put relegation clauses into their players contracts. Because there is no way O'Hara had one if he is still on 30k a week (supposedly).

Well, that was a fantastic end to the Championship season! A few late goals making a big difference.

Cardiff Champions (already settled)

Hull 2nd (auto promotion)

Playoffs:

Watford

Brighton

Crystal Palace

Leicester

Missed out on playoffs:

Bolton

Notts Forest

Safe:

Sheff Wed

Huddersfield

Millwall

Barnsley

Relegated:

Peterborough

Wolves - LOL

Bristol City (already confirmed)

The current manager of Wolves left Doncaster (new League 1 champs) in January. This mean while Wolves are going down to League 1, Doncaster is going up.

Poetic bitchslap if I ever saw one.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Sad sad sad day for Manchester United.

No one will ever match Sir Alex's resume, his success, his attitude, his presence. His seat will never be filled on the Red Devil sidelines. Could have won a few more Champions Leagues, but that's besides the point. :P

Thank you for everything, Sir Alex. Thank you.

Sir Alex Ferguson's 26-Year Trophy Case:

- Premier League: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013.

- FA Cup: 1990, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004

- League Cup: 1992, 2006, 2009, 2010

- Champions League: 1999, 2008

- Cup Winners Cup: 1991

- FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

- UEFA Super Cup: 1992

- Inter-Continental Cup: 1999

- FA Charity/Community Shield: 1990 (shared), 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I wouldn't say it is a sad day, as he is leaving on positive terms with the team not only champions but in good shape in general. Obviously, his achievements will never be matched by one single person but this is certainly not the end for Manchester United. They will always be in the top 3 richest and/or most successful clubs in the world along with Real Mardid and Barcelona. They will always be competitive in the Premier League and be able to attract the top players and managers.

No one single man will eclipse Ferguson's achievements but if you average out the next 3 managers (assuming pretty much that they will be world class) I think their success rate will be about the same.

Better not be Mourinho. They can't rush the process, you're replacing the greatest of all time. It's been good Sir Alex, I'm sure even the fans of opposing clubs we'll miss seeing you on the sidelines.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Pretty much nailed on, according to reports that David Moyes, the Everton manager, will be announced as the next United manager tomorrow.

Hmm.

I mean Moyes did what he could, with what he had at Everton. Fringe Europa League at best. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with a wealth of riches and more money than any of us could ever dream of. Part of me knew ManU wouldn't look outside of the United Kingdom for their next Manager.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Yeah I'm lukewarm on Moyes. He was all right with Everton. He wasn't awful. So like NewEra, I'll be in wait and see mode with Moyes and interested to see what he can do with more given to him.

Also agree with NewEra, there was no way ManU was going outside of the UK for a manager.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If it is Moyes, it was probably in the pipeline for a good while now. Fergie and Moyes are friends, and its been a quiet rumour for a while that Moyes would follow Ferguson. If it isn't, as unlikely as that is, then Jurgen Klopp from Dortmund might be the best bet.

Moyes has done well at Everton, but I am not convinced yet that its a good fit for him at United. A lot more pressure, a lot more high profile, a lot more high pressure games.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived