International Football Musings

crashcarson15

The FA has now charged Suarez with violent conduct

The FA don't really have any stumbling blocks to overcome in this situation. No rules to bend and facing a repeat offender. They also have the benchmark of 7 games from his similar incident at Ajax I posted about above.

This really should not take that long to sort out in my opinion. An 8 game ban seems about appropriate to me. Especially considering the final 4 games of this season are pretty much meaningless to Liverpool.

I was watching a Sky Sports report and it was stated that since his incident with Ajax was in another federation that it could not be factored into this decision.

Maybe not directly, but I'm sure they can be completely influenced by it and just not give any credit to the RDFA for it.

spacer.png

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be willing to be Piers Morgan is a bit steamed right now since his favorite player brought the trophy back to OT :):devil:

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Would be willing to be Piers Morgan is a bit steamed right now since his favorite player brought the trophy back to OT :):devil:

At least for his sake United and "van Pursestrings" didn't win the title next week.

I mean, FFS, you sold a guy going into the last year of his contract and wanted out for £24,000,000. What more could you ask for? Granted, I think Arsenal could've invested the money more wisely but then again, I myself was very high on Giroud.

Arsenal supporters have a tendency to be really :censored:ing annoying. You've had Champions League football for the past 16 seasons... would one year outside of it really kill you?

6fQjS3M.png

They didn't win the title at the Emirates, but they will have to provide a Guard of Honor instead. Not exactly the thing a bunch of disgruntled Londoners care to see, especially to a hated rival with a former superstar now winning titles with the enemy.

But, hey, if it means Piers Morgan twitter hilarity, then I'd argue it's worth it.

spacer.png

As an asides, I really hope Ian Darke and Steve McManaman surface somewhere relevant next season. I know Maca wasn't on the call today (or on the last few ESPN telecasts), but those two are absolutely outstanding at what they do, and they will be missed dearly if left without worthwhile assignments. For ESPN's many faults, their in-game EPL presentation is really quite solid.

spacer.png

As an asides, I really hope Ian Darke and Steve McManaman surface somewhere relevant next season. I know Maca wasn't on the call today (or on the last few ESPN telecasts), but those two are absolutely outstanding at what they do, and they will be missed dearly if left without worthwhile assignments. For ESPN's many faults, their in-game EPL presentation is really quite solid.

I've not seen official confirmation anywhere, but the assumption is that Ian Darke will be the lead commentator for BT Sport in the UK next year. Despite being a Portsmouth fan, Darke is a pretty excellent play caller (to use an American term!) He's a top class boxing commentator too.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I've not seen official confirmation anywhere, but the assumption is that Ian Darke will be the lead commentator for BT Sport in the UK next year. Despite being a Portsmouth fan, Darke is a pretty excellent play caller (to use an American term!) He's a top class boxing commentator too.

Damn. He has been a treasure for American television the past few years.

spacer.png

Speaking of Portsmouth, they're in a world of hurt, heading for the 4th division next year.

*smirks quietly to himself* although in fairness things have improved in the last month or so for them. Forms improved and they are now owned by a fan based trust, so things are looking a little less grim along the Solent water. I would expect them to be among the front runners for promotion next season.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Speaking of Portsmouth, they're in a world of hurt, heading for the 4th division next year.

It's just ridiculous, a team that won the FA Cup 5 years ago will be playing the likes of Accrington, Torquay and Fleetwood next season. I think they have reached the bottom now and can only look up, hopefully a fresh start with new owners.

Also congratulations to one of my local teams Mansfield for getting back into the Football League!

Archived