Western Sydney Wanderers FC

Brian in Boston

Beautiful, sharp monogram! Very well put together.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

So the A-League adds another club to a sinking ship.

Bring back the fury.

Logo is good but to much red and white says the Heart.

The fury? The A-League could definitely do without these atrocities:

022919-osama-malik-north-queensland-fury.jpg

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Nice logo but i don't really get the western sydney vibe from it. It's most probably due to my limited knowledge in soccer but from the logo i get more of an European club vibe than a club located here.

Nice logo but i don't really get the western sydney vibe from it. It's most probably due to my limited knowledge in soccer but from the logo i get more of an European club vibe than a club located here.

Name and logo are ok, but considering where they are, I would have thought they would go with orange scheme like the Wests Tigers and GWS Giants.

The club listened to the community on all aspects of the colours (overwhelmingly red, black and white was the choice), design (hstripes or hoops), name and the European style logo was a major part of what people wanted. As well as wanting a design that was very traditional to fit with the whole "the oldest new club" vision (for those who don't know the first football team in Australia was based in Western Sydney and was called the Wanderers).

Team management claims that the official club logo incorporates stylized elements meant to invoke "key elements of the Western Sydney landscape; the mountains, valleys and winding river systems that run throughout the region". Further, they have announced that "the badge captures the unity and intertwined multicultural community that the Wanderers will represent".

As for the club's name, it references "the first game of football played in New South Wales on 3 August 1880 between King's School and the Wanderers in North Parramatta".

So the A-League adds another club to a sinking ship.

Bring back the fury.

Logo is good but to much red and white says the Heart.

The fury? The A-League could definitely do without these atrocities:

022919-osama-malik-north-queensland-fury.jpg

What a beautiful kit that was, i have a Fowler signed one that i take to bed everynight my wife lets me.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Hey at least they are playing in Sydney/nsw unlike the giants. And I agree the a league is a sinking ship it thrived in 2006-8 when Australia got into the world cup but now the only game work going to are the Adelaide vs Melbourne games just to watch the fights

Hey at least they are playing in Sydney/nsw unlike the giants. And I agree the a league is a sinking ship it thrived in 2006-8 when Australia got into the world cup but now the only game work going to are the Adelaide vs Melbourne games just to watch the fights

What are you on about lancealot the Giants play most of thier games at Skoda Stadium, which is the Showgrounds in the old Olympic Park precinct, and i think it's 3 games at Manuka Oval in Canberra for the next 5 years.

I think you meant to say that AFL and Rugby League have been playing games in Western Sydney for a while now unlike the A-League.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

What are you on about lancealot the Giants play most of thier games at Skoda Stadium, which is the Showgrounds in the old Olympic Park precinct, and i think it's 3 games at Manuka Oval in Canberra for the next 5 years.

I think you meant to say that AFL and Rugby League have been playing games in Western Sydney for a while now unlike the A-League.

I thought I read somewhere that the giants were playing all their home games in canberra, I must be wrong meh no biggie.

Western_Sydney_Wanderers_Launch_Photo_Three_Players.png

It has also been announced that Parramatta Stadium will serve as the primary home ground for the club.

This could be a rarity; however, how often does a football (soccer) club have their main crest within the center circle of the pitch (field)?

I thought I read somewhere that the giants were playing all their home games in canberra, I must be wrong meh no biggie.

No worries lancealot.

Playing at the Powers old ground should help seeming it is pretty close to Central West Sydney.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Team management claims that the official club logo incorporates stylized elements meant to invoke "key elements of the Western Sydney landscape; the mountains, valleys and winding river systems that run throughout the region". Further, they have announced that "the badge captures the unity and intertwined multicultural community that the Wanderers will represent".

That's some A+ bollocks right there. Someone's marketing team will be getting some extra presents at Christmas!

That's some A+ bollocks right there. Someone's marketing team will be getting some extra presents at Christmas!

Agree with Primal. West Sydney landscape? It's a jungle of concrete.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Agree with Primal. West Sydney landscape? It's a jungle of concrete.

Western Sydney imo ends at Penrith, west of that is where all of that nice landscape is!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Archived