Marvel Comics goes pink

DG_ThenNowForever

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/06/26/marvel-susan-g-komen-breast-cancer-awareness-variant-covers/

Can't copy image links from my phone, but plenty at the above site that you won't be surprised by. Seems like they could have gone further.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That's X-23, as in 23rd "Weapon." Capt. America is Weapon I, Wolverine is Weapon X, and I'm the biggest nerd.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That's X-23, as in 23rd "Weapon." Capt. America is Weapon I, Wolverine is Weapon X, and I'm the biggest nerd.

X-23 is also a clone of Wolverine, but the Y chromosome of the DNA sample they had was damaged, so they doubled the X chromosome, thus making her a girl.

spacer.png

X-23 is also a clone of Wolverine, but the Y chromosome of the DNA sample they had was damaged, so they doubled the X chromosome, thus making her a girl.

So technically, if someone told Wolverine to go f--k himself, he actually could.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So technically, if someone told Wolverine to go f--k himself, he actually could.

Pretty much. That makes me wonder too, if he got her pregnant, would that kid be a clone as well?

spacer.png

Still don't like the "pinkwashing" of that comes with breast cancer awareness month, ESPECIALLY in male sports where, if anything, the emphasis should be on prostate cancer awareness.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Pretty much. That makes me wonder too, if he got her pregnant, would that kid be a clone as well?

kill-me.jpg

"...kill...me...."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Still don't like the "pinkwashing" of that comes with breast cancer awareness month, ESPECIALLY in male sports where, if anything, the emphasis should be on prostate cancer awareness.

Agreed. The sad part is a lot of people would rather buy a $5 pink stapler with 25c going to charity than just donate the $5 directly to breast cancer. Seeing a bigger Movember push in sports would be cool, have the entire league grow mustaches and raise some awareness towards prostate cancer.

You realize that Men can get breast cancer too, right?

:o Chawls! Don't you know that there's only one kind of cancer that affects humans?! I'm shocked at your insensitivity!

Think pink, Chawls, think pink!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

You realize that Men can get breast cancer too, right?

Of course, but let's not fool ourselves. Men are far more susceptible to prostate cancer than they are to breast cancer.

:o Chawls! Don't you know that there's only one kind of cancer that affects humans?! I'm shocked at your insensitivity!

Think pink, Chawls, think pink!

That's usually what I do after viewing the Babe of the Week thread. ^_^

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Well played, sir.

Either way, I don't like the breast cancer industry. Of course it's a horrible disease, but if the amount of time, energy and money used to spread awareness was used for other cancers, I have a feeling we'd be seeing less of the horrible cancers that affect people. Hell, I think the male sports leagues should spend more time raising awareness of testicular cancer. Even in Boston, where we had a survivor in Phil Kessel when he played for the B's, there was never any kind of awareness other than "Oh look, he had cancer and now he's playing hockey. Good for him." And believe me, there's no Lymphoma awareness campaigns headed up by the Red Sox even though Jon Lester survived that. You would think there'd be at least one TV ad sponsored by the Red Sox featuring Lester. It'd be simple. "Hi I'm Jon Lester of your Boston Red Sox, and Lymphoma is dangerous. Talk to your doctor about making sure that you aren't at risk." Do they do that? No. They should. To their credit, they do a lot of work with cancer-related charities that focus mainly on cancer in children, but there's still very little awareness of any kind.

I guess I'm just sort of mad that people of all ages die of all types of cancer (and other illnesses to boot) every single day, but as long as you buy special pink sneakers or the special pink Wolverine comic book, everything will be just fine.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• 2 weeks later...

Reality check everyone... The nfl's pinktastic pinkathon during pinktober is much more about selling pink merchandise to female fans that might otherwise not buy anything then it is about raising money or awareness about breast cancer. I'm sure they raise money, but it's more and more obvious that's not their main priority.

I believe MLBs pink bats and wristbands ONCE on mothers day is the appropriate way... And doesn't make me question their sincerity.

Prostate cancer is preventable and curable (in many cases) by early diagnosis ... So yes I do agree that all major sports should know their audience and promote getting exams. I don't think they need to donate as much money to that particular cause because it doesn't really need as much of a "cure" as breast cancer or pancreatic cancer does. Not saying its not horrible and people can and do die from

It, but I do feel other forms of cancer are a little more important as far as cure research. Early detection is what needs to be promoted as far as prostate cancer goes.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived