MLB LOGO?

redlegs420

Harmon Killebrew is in the MLB logo.

Jerry West is in the NBA logo.

And the guy in the old Buffalo logo is none other than Davy Crockett.

No, I have no idea who the buy in the Buffalo logo is. I just wanted to string someone along.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Harmon Killebrew is in the MLB logo.

Jerry West is in the NBA logo.

And the guy in the old Buffalo logo is none other than Davy Crockett.

No, I have no idea who the buy in the Buffalo logo is. I just wanted to string someone along.

My guess is to see who wore no. 31 for the bills before the time they started using that logo.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I've always known about Jerry West, but I had never heard that Harmon Killebrew was on the MLB logo.

That's cool.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

According to MLB.com it's just a random silouette. Not any specific player. It can't be Pete Rose however, the logo was adopted in 1969 before he became a star player.

It also can't be Babe Ruth because guy the silhouette is much, much skinnier. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Speaking of league logos... anyone know when the NFL adopted the shield? Or what they used before that?

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

The NBA logo is definitely Jerry West. MLB claims that the MLB logo is no one player, but the common belief is that it's Killebrew.

The NFL has used the shield, or a variation thereof (used to have the outline of red stripes on the white field behind the letters) since the 1950s(?).

I just want to know who's running the ball in the old Packers logo.... :)

Now I could have swore I saw a special one time where they said that the MLB logo profile was based off of Brooks Robinson. But if some of you guys have seen it on the official MLB website that it is no one in particular I will have to go with that answer.

The Bills Logo is not a specific player, in fact for almost 30 years no one wore number 31. It was an "unwritten rule" that the Bills would not assign that number to anyone because it was used in that old logo. There was one guy (RB Preston Ridlehuber) in 1969 who wore 31 for a couple preseason games but then swithced to 36 when OJ Simpson switched from 36 to 32.

Then finally in 1990 rookie defensive back JD Williams wore 31 for one season before giving in to the "superstition" and switching to 29. Original equipment trainer Eddie Abromowski retired a few years ago after working for the Bills for almost 40 years, the new training and equipment staff apparently has not continued this "tradition" because since 1996 there has been a 31 on the roster almost every year.

Archived