What team will future Hall of Famers go in with

raysfan24

Derek Jeter - Yankee - you're welcome

In all seriousness, does Griffey Jr. go in as a Mariner or a Red ? Personally I think Mariners, but you never know since he's from Ohio if that matters at all.

The answer is obvious and shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Agreed. The White Sox is (are?) clearly the answer. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Jim Thome will go in as an Indian

Ken Griffey Jr will go in as a Mariner

Greg Maddux will go in as a Brave

Chipper Jones...obviously the Braves

Roy Halladay.....I think it depends on whether or not he wins a title here. If he doesn't, he'll go in as a Blue Jay

Do hockey, football, and basketball players actually go in as a (team)? I know it's about the cap in baseball, but do they do that in other sports?

They do for football, although it's mainly a ceremonial thing since the players' bust isn't shown with a helmet.

Mike Piazza, Mets or Dodgers? I say Mets. Though it could easily go either way. Appears Piazza considers himself a Met more than a Dodger.

Anyone who thinks he was a Dodger more than a Met, is way wrong. One moment describes that all.

It's much closer than you think it is. 1 more year in NY and more memorable moments, but he put up significantly better numbers in LA.

When (or if, I guess) Vlad Guerrero goes in, I really think it'll be as an Expo, but I'd love it if he was the first to go in as an Angel.

I agree with you. He technically played two more seasons in Montreal, but he barely played in his first season, and he only played half of the second season. If you subtract those two first seasons where he didn't do much, that would be 6 seasons, which would be the exact same amount of time he played for the Angels. He also never made the postseason as an Expo, and he won an MVP as an Angel. I'd say besides a few good 40+ home run seasons, he had most of his important moments as an Angel.

Hopefully he goes in as an Angel.

Well, he played 90 games in his second season in Montréal compared to 100 in his last season in Anaheim. If the former doesn't count, then the latter shouldn't. He played 160 more games as an Expo and has his two best HR seasons and his best BA season in Montréal as well, not to mention his unofficial 40-40 season. While his MVP surely helps his Angels case, I think he'll ultimately go in as an Expo because his stats and tenure are overall just a notch better.

----

For the Roy Halladay debate:

Roy Halladay will surely receive that honour once he retires as well (He might make the Hall himself, and if so, he had better be wearing a Toronto cap. I wonder if they'd retire his number for the same reason as Alomar, or if they would refrain from doing so because he didn't bring them a championship).

This is an interesting one. Certainly, he established himself as a (if not the) premier pitcher in the game while with Toronto. If he called it quits today, he's certainly a Blue Jay. If he were to anchor a championship staff in Philadelphia though (obviously not this season!), and combine that with his Cy Young, perfect game, and playoff no hitter, and you've got a case that most (if not all) of his "snapshot" moments would be in red, and that's what he'd be "famous" for.

This situation sort of reminds me of Gary Carter. He was a longtime Expo, but had his "snapshot" moment with the Mets when he won the World Series. However, he ultimately went in as an Expo, whom he played for the longest. The big difference though, is that Carter only had 3 good Mets seasons, whereas Halladay will probably get double that with Philadelphia (not to mention more hardware/famous moments), which could sway the HoF committee. I'd definitely be interested to see his personal preference once his career is finished.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Alex Rodriguez (if he gets in considering the admitted steroid use) Yankees, Rangers, Mariners. I say Yankees. 2 MVP's and a World Series companionship. Plus once all is said and done he will have spent more years in NY than Seattle and Texas combined.

A-rod will defenantly go as a yank. He universally known as a Yankee.

When I think Yankees I think the ny logo, Yankee stadium, babe ruth, jeeter and A-rod

Alex Rodriguez (if he gets in considering the admitted steroid use) Yankees, Rangers, Mariners. I say Yankees. 2 MVP's and a World Series companionship. Plus once all is said and done he will have spent more years in NY than Seattle and Texas combined.

A-rod will defenantly go as a yank. He universally known as a Yankee.

When I think Yankees I think the ny logo, Yankee stadium, babe ruth, jeeter and A-rod

I've been a Yankee fan for almost 30 years, he's not on the same level as Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Berra, Mantle, Jeter, Rivera. I don't even see him on the same level as Bernie Williams, Andy Pettitte, or Jorge Posada. Those guys are Yankee lifers (yes I know Andy left for a short period and Ruth didn't start of end his career in NY) I see A-Rod more on Paul O'Neill, Tino Martinez level. Yes he'll mostly be remembered for his years in NY, but he did make a name for himself in another city.

A-Rod is a unique case. He obviously had HOF ability before coming to NY, but he wasn't a real "star" (meaning both on and off the field) until coming to the Yankees (at least not to casual fans.)

On one hand, he'll have ridiculous numbers when he retires. On the other hand, he's just a cog in a machine with the Yankees, as opposed to a franchise player like he'd be with a team that wasn't already star-laden. Kind of like the LeBron situation, but even more so, because the Yankees wouldn't miss as much without A-Rod as the Heat would without Lebron.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know about that. He did get the biggest contract in baseball history from the Rangers. I remember that sending shockwaves beyond diehard fans; I wasn't really into baseball before 2002.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't know about that. He did get the biggest contract in baseball history from the Rangers. I remember that sending shockwaves beyond diehard fans; I wasn't really into baseball before 2002.

And 11 years later, there still hasn't been a larger contract awarded.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Pujols - Cardinal or Angel?

Still to early to tell how his Angel days will play out but regardless, Cardinal for life.

Same goes with Big Mac. Cardinals or A's? Despite the whole steroid crap - just room for debate. I'd like to say Cardinal since he broke the record and all but I'd imagine A's since he was more successful there.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Pujols - Cardinal or Angel?

Still to early to tell how his Angel days will play out but regardless, Cardinal for life.

Same goes with Big Mac. Cardinals or A's? Despite the whole steroid crap - just room for debate. I'd like to say Cardinal since he broke the record and all but I'd imagine A's since he was more successful there.

Played over a decade in St. Louis (11 seasons) and won 2 World Series and 3 MVP's. Unless he does the same in Anaheim, he's going in as a Cardinal.

McGwire played 12 seasons in Oakland, won Rookie of the Year and a World Series. He only spent 5 seasons in St. Louis. Isn't much of a debate for me. But I also don't think Reggie Jackson and the Yankees/A's debate was much of a debate, he shouldn't have a interlocking NY on his HOF cap.

True - and for that brief period (after the contract and the beginning of that first year) the Rangers were sorta relevant - but then they went back to being anonymous and regretful of the deal and it all kinda fell apart. Even today, the Rangers aren't really too relevant, despite two consecutive WS appearances. It's just tougher to make it in as a rep of certain clubs - you pretty much have to play your whole career there or be the one who makes them consistently relevant for at least some extended period of time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Rangers kind of have the new-kid-on-the-block feel that the Phils had around 2007, 2008, except without all the fond memories of seasons past. That and there's obviously no Philadelphia mystique with the Rangers; indeed, there's no "there" there at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived