New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great minds think alike... I did the exact same thing last night, just got the story up with a few more images and some zoomed in, etc.:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/10/05/astros-accidentally-show-new-uniform-cap-on-teaser-graphic/

Could it be the return of the "'H' block within the star" logo?

The H-star logo is indeed returning, although according to my sources it is slightly modernized.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Great minds think alike... I did the exact same thing last night, just got the story up with a few more images and some zoomed in, etc.:

http://news.sportslo...teaser-graphic/

Could it be the return of the "'H' block within the star" logo?

The H-star logo is indeed returning, although according to my sources it is slightly modernized.

Hopefully not too modernized. Like the restrained, traditional look so far.

I have a bad feeling they won't decide if they are and orange team or a navy team and muck it up.

I had worried about that before, fearing they would go the terrible route of wearing orange at home and navy on the road. However, this color balance works. I am not a fan of the orange brim because they have always worn solid color caps (other than the '90s alts). Also, I imagine they will have a solid navy cap they wear on the road, just because teams will do anything they can to sell two current caps. I am not a fan of that. I hope they pick one cap and run with it.

Anyway, I'm really dissapointed in what I have seen and heard so far. I was hoping the Astros would pull a Blue Jay, but it looks like instead they are pulling a Sixer. :unsure:

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So far, these look a lot better than what I was expecting after the first information we heard. I'm a huge fan of the shooting star uniforms, so I wish they brought those back, but these don't look too bad. I was worried originally that they'd go primarily navy and end up looking really bland (like the Padres.) Just using orange does a lot to liven up the uniforms. I'm guessing they'll go primarily navy on the road, though, which is unfortunate since orange would look really good.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's probably the Cardinals fan in me, but I like when teams have a road cap that's different from the home cap. But you can't have a total disconnect.

What the Cardinals get right is that the only thing they change is the cap and the belt (to navy). The script, letters, numbers, shoes, and socks all remain red. So they remain a red team that has a distinct road identity.

The original Nationals uniforms got it wrong by changing EVERYTHING from red to navy and having a split identity.

I like the idea of going a little lower key on the road, so navy hats in place of orange (or red in the Cardinals case) is a solid move in my book.

It's probably the Cardinals fan in me, but I like when teams have a road cap that's different from the home cap.

Enjoy 2012 for as long as you can...

Slowclap.gif

I hope the Nats aren't tweaking their home and road uniforms - again.

It's probably the Cardinals fan in me, but I like when teams have a road cap that's different from the home cap.

That would be great if the Cardinals got rid of the navy caps. They look much better on the road in Spring Training.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Slowclap.gif

I hope the Nats aren't tweaking their home and road uniforms - again.

The Nats are desperate for a tweak. Their look is a complete mess.

Yesssssssss!

I like the navy hat on its own as a fashion hat but full time red would be fantastic!

There's a difference between "generic" and bad (if you can even call this generic). I wouldn't mind if every team in the NHL switched to a jersey with a set of stripes on each arm and on the waist.

Also, can someone explain this Enjoy 2012 thing?

Archived