brandIDENTITY: Bucsketball Season **10/25 Update: "Believe In Magic"**

tBBP

Okay...I'm obviously not going to get the time I'd like to make the tweaks and edits I'd like to make, so for now I'll just go on to the next one.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Part III: Believe In Magic

Oftentimes we have discussions around here as to teama who "got it right the first time". Not once that I can remember has the Orlando Magic come up in that conversation, and in my mind, they should. Okay, their original logo was nothing to write home about, but those original uniforms are another story. For a team born in the '90s, with the name that is has and considering where that name came from, those inaugural sets may as well have been modern classics. There's still the a sizeable contingent of folks who pine for a return to a new identity based off that look.

Well...enter me, because that's precisely what I did.

Actually, I went with the second version of their logo package, edited it just a smidge, then drafted the rest from there. As such, scripts and numbers are of the original variety, just edited a bit. Threw in a blue alternate, as well. (One note: not sure why the ghosted pinstripes aren't showing up as well on the blue sets—that's one thing I wanted to go back and look at, but it don't look like I'll get the time to do so.)

So with all that said....

ORLmagic_stylebook1-1.png

ORLmagic_stylebook2-1a_zps10918ec1.png

ORLmagic_stylebook3-1.png

-----------------------------------------

Holla back... ~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the concepts so far. I tried to PM you Buc, but box is full.

Any chance you could shoot me the 3/4 view of your shorts from your template to use in the NABA style guide i'm wrapping up?

I've got some inside info i'm certain you'll appreciate in exchange for the template.

Clif

This is a really solid set. I loved the design of their original set but the colors were weak and the scripts and numbers did nothing for me. By using the good design elements they already had and strengthening the colors and scripts, you have made a fine set of jerseys. The only two things I would recommend would be to just use the ball comet logo as the primary, without the wordmark, and to use pinstripes on the blue alt. nice job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Thanks, all.

I think I've got one or two more I wanna throw up, but I kinda want to wait to see if I'll have some more time to do some tweaking. What's been shown thus far were the (relatively) easy ones, to give me a good warm fuzzy about how to proceed with the rest of this--bear in mind that I'm out of my comfort zone here (football is my thing), but that's perfectly okay...Imma get it. And plus, I needed to break out of my comfort zone if I ever expect to do anything more with this other than some half-baked fantasy pipe dream someday. :upside:

In the meantime, I'll continue to solicit for feedback on the three that I've posted here--I've gathered a lot of good info from a lot of y'all so far to use in pushing forward with this here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a huge fan of this concept. It's well executed and I like the uniforms, I just think that the logos and wordmarks are way too dated to be brought back. With a tweaked logo set, I think that this would be a solid concept.

spacer.png

• 6 months later...

Archived