Former Lion Admits Playing With Intent to Injure...His Own QB

BlueSky

Why would someone ever admit to something like this EVER. Lomas Brown had such a stellar reputation, and to squash it by coming out with THIS? Not only does Loman make everyone's "piece of crap list" for doing this to his own quarterback, he's also in full retard-mode for spilling the beans on national televison. I just don't get it. Was he starving for attention while sitting among blowhards like Skip Bayless, Rob Parker and Stephen A. Smith? Maybe that could explain it. Afterall, sitrring up drama is the "ESPN way".

6uXNWAo.png

The lack of "teammate theory" is a dying breed today, especially in youth sports. I hope kids don't think anything like this is ok.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Lomas Brown was the same clown who was laughing about how easily the Lions would roll the Eagles in the '95 playoffs and guaranteed the win, only to have 56 points dropped on them in a total complete ass whooping.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Doubtful. Intentionally not executing a play correctly makes you a dick, but not a criminal.

The nature of sports is such that there are very bendable lines between what's part of the game, and what's a crime. Take the hockey incidents where someone gets charged with assault for going after someone with a stick. It does happen, but how often? You could probably make a case that a lot of these "headhunting" incidents in the NFL constitute assault but the line is so bendable that you rarely if ever see it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One of the rare times I heard of criminal charges coming up was when Zdeno Chara sent Max Pacioretty into a stanchion up in Montreal, and Montreal authorities were seeking to press charges on Chara, but even there, nothing came of that (and nor should there have).

Now, what Todd Bertuzzi did to Steve Moore, or what Marty McSorely did to Donald Brashear, which were both assault with intent attacks, would rightfully merit criminal charges (which they did). What Lomas Brown did - I'm not so sure, because his actions merely increased the likelihood of another party injuring Scott Mitchell, but he did not do it himself, and Brown had no way of knowing Mitchell would've gotten injured the way he did.

spacer.png

Really - what's next? Charging a coach who intentionally calls drop back pass plays when he knows his OL sucks and the QB will get squashed and possibly injured?

Really - what's next? Charging a coach who intentionally calls drop back pass plays when he knows his OL sucks and the QB will get squashed and possibly injured?

The People v. Mike Martz would certainly be entertaining to watch.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived