Open Wheel Racing Chat 2013

rvrdgsfn

Yeah, I'm thinking Button may be close to retirement, but at the same time, who knows how long Alonso will last & I'm with you on Porsche, I won't believe it until I see a car or an engine.

Meanwhile in a bit of a shock, Ganassi may be switching their DP in the USCR

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/exclusive-ganassi-planning-switch-to-ford-for-2014/

The most successful team in Daytona Prototype history is poised for a radical switch to a new engine partner for 2014.

Multiple industry sources have confirmed to Sportscar365 that Chip Ganassi Racing is preparing to run Ford’s new EcoBoost powerplants in next year’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.

Details of the arrangement have not yet been made clear but the likely deal to move to the Blue Oval is believed to have been up to two months in the making.

The team had been in the center of the rumor mill of a possible switch to Honda power, potentially even with HPD’s ARX-03b P2 car, but CGR general manager Mike Hull told Racer.com earlier this week they’ll remain with DP machinery for 2014.

Many had expected a move to Corvette DPs for next year, due to the team’s new alliance with Chevy in the IndyCar Series next year, which has strengthened its existing relationship with GM which began in NASCAR.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping for results from India....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFhxgzkpyKI

I have to admit now... Vettel is one of the greats now. He earned it. Congrats on the 4 straight WDC, he is now with the legends of F1

1. Vettel

2. Rosberg

3. Grosjean (all the way from 17th)

4. Massa

5. Perez

6. Hamilton

7. Raikkonen

8. di Resta

9. Sutil

10. Ricciardo

Onto Abu Dhabi then the U.S. & Brazil

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Abu Dhabi

1. Vettel

2. Webber

3. Rosberg

4. Grosjean

5. Alonso (although he may be stripped of that)

6. di Resta

7. Hamilton

8. Massa

9. Perez

10. Sutil

Seb is on a 7 race winning streak, Sergio is racing for his job, Alonso allegedly got off the track & Kimi failed to finish the race, who knows what will happen next. According to the final schedule, New Jersey & Mexico are off but yet Korea survives... On to Austin :)

baltimoreravens.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, some big news for next season, for the silly season.

Kimi is out for the last 2 races....

http://www.racer.com/raikkonen-to-miss-rest-of-season/article/320315/

It became official, Massa is going to Williams, which either means Hulkenberg or Maldonado goes to Lotus

http://www.racer.com/massa-joins-williams-for-2014/article/320354/

It looks like Kevin Magnussen will take Sergio's place at McLaren

http://www.racer.com/report-mclaren-chooses-magnussen-for-2014/article/320458/

McLaren will also delay their sponsporship deal as well

http://www.racer.com/mclaren-set-to-delay-sponsor-reveal/article/320442/

Sadly, Phoenix won't happen for IndyCar...

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/speed/articles/20131104concussion-doc-favors-nascars-testing-rule.html?nclick_check=1

There are days I wish IndyCar would get their stuff together...

baltimoreravens.png

Bump:

Sergio Perez is out @ McLaren...

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/9024587/Perez-Confirms-McLaren-Departure

Joining McLaren at the start of this year, Perez had hoped for race victories and a shot at the World title. Instead the team have struggled with neither the 23-year-old nor his team-mate Jenson Button even claiming a single podium.

And although at one point it appeared as if Perez would stay on for a second season, in recent days various sources have stated that he will be replaced by rookie driver Kevin Magnussen.

But while that has yet to be confirmed, Perez has announced that he will be leaving McLaren at the end of this season.

The Mexican racer intends seeking a new team for next season, hopeful that he can find a place on the 2014 grid.

"I would like to wish the team the very best in the future. I will always be a fan of McLaren, in the meanwhile I will be looking at my future to ensure my position in the best possible package to fight for wins.

"Thanks to McLaren and all its partners for this season, you can rest assured that I will never give up."

Well, now he could go to Lotus or maybe, he could go Ferrari & be a reserve driver, who knows?

Oh & there's this....

http://www.racer.com/renewed-fears-about-ugly-formula-1-cars-for-2014/article/320529/

f1-nose-2014.jpg

Thoughts on the potential nose of the 2014 F1 car?

baltimoreravens.png

Dario Franchitti forced into medical retirement.

http://chipganassiracing.com/ViewArticle.aspx?articleid=14019

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It does suck indeed & it will be shame not to see Dario driving next season, I wasn't always a fan but I did respect him ,Thank you Dario... Hopefully he can find some work in the booth.

Now results from the US Grand Prix

1. Vettel (8th straight)

2. Grosjean

3. Webber

4. Hamilton

5. Alonso

6. Hulkenberg

7. Perez

8. Bottas

9. Rosberg

10. Button

The season finale is next week in Sao Paulo then we can bid adieu to the F1 season.

EDIT:

Oh the rumors are reporting that the 3 races that will also be cut will be Jersey (kind of knew that would come sadly) Korea & Mexico. Austria & Russia will go on.

baltimoreravens.png

I may be wrong about this and if so, tell me why, but I really have a problem with the way Vettel conducts restarts. He backs the field way up, bringing cars to a crawl then floors it and away he goes. If, in this case Grosjean, times Vettel's jump and Vettel sees that the advantage isn't there he can slam back onto the breaks and do it again. Vettel stacks the restarts in his favor doing this. Now, for the record, I despise Vettel and that could be influencing my opinion on this, but it seems hes taken the tactic a lot further then I recall having seen it taken in the past.

I mean, if it's not against the rules, it's a brilliant strategy. I'm not a fan of Vettel's either, but I have to respect the dude. He's the best driver in the world right now and he's under the age of 27.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I may be wrong about this and if so, tell me why, but I really have a problem with the way Vettel conducts restarts. He backs the field way up, bringing cars to a crawl then floors it and away he goes. If, in this case Grosjean, times Vettel's jump and Vettel sees that the advantage isn't there he can slam back onto the breaks and do it again. Vettel stacks the restarts in his favor doing this. Now, for the record, I despise Vettel and that could be influencing my opinion on this, but it seems hes taken the tactic a lot further then I recall having seen it taken in the past.

I mean, if it's not against the rules, it's a brilliant strategy. I'm not a fan of Vettel's either, but I have to respect the dude. He's the best driver in the world right now and he's under the age of 27.

It isn't against the rules and is a good tactic. Many drivers have done it before - Schumacher was the master of the art form.

The last I knew, the ruling was that there is a race restart line somewhere on the pit straight (usually just the start/finish line) that when the safety car returns to the pits, you must be behind the car in front (position wise) when you cross this line or face a penalty.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

It isn't against the rules and is a good tactic. Many drivers have done it before - Schumacher was the master of the art form.

The last I knew, the ruling was that there is a race restart line somewhere on the pit straight (usually just the start/finish line) that when the safety car returns to the pits, you must be behind the car in front (position wise) when you cross this line or face a penalty.

From the FIA regulations in detail:

40.13 When the clerk of the course decides it is safe to call in the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP" will be displayed on the timing monitors and the car's orange lights will be extinguished This will be the signal to the teams and drivers that it will be entering the pit lane at the end of that lap.

At this point the first car in line behind the safety car may dictate the pace and, if necessary, fall more than ten car lengths behind it.

In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents before the safety car returns to the pits, from the point at which the lights on the car are turned out drivers must proceed at a pace which involves no erratic acceleration or braking nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger

other drivers or impede the restart.

As the safety car is approaching the pit entry the yellow flags and SC boards will be withdrawn and, other than on the last lap of the race, replaced by waved green flags with green lights at the Line. These will be displayed until the last car crosses the Line.

When the safety car is out, the first car has to be within ten car lengths behind it, except when the race will restart. As long as there is no erratic acceleration or braking, the restart is good.

Vettel simply takes advantage of leading the race. Yes, it can be annoying, but the best way to be in control of the restart is to lead the race.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Here we go, the final results from Brazil

1. Vettel (9 wins)

2. Webber (Thanks AussieGrit)

3. Alonso

4. Button

5. Rosberg

6. Perez

7. Massa

8. Hulkenberg

9. Hamilton

10. Ricciardo

McLaren never got on the podium at all this season & Mark Webber rides off into the sunset while going to Porsche in WEC. We shall see the schedule coming up soon and of course the changes coming, Kimi going back to Ferrari, Hulkenberg going back to Force India, Massa going to Williams & who knows what will happen with Lotus/Renault/whatever they'll be called. Next year should be interesting with the schedule coming out & the new cars & a beginning of a new turbo era.

baltimoreravens.png

I hope Hulkenberg can secure a spot at Sauber next season

Rumours are Hulkenberg and Perez to Force India... with Di Resta off to DTM or Indy Car.

Like I said, only rumours and we are well into silly season now with this kind of stuff - however I can see these moves being viable.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Well its official Ross Brawn is leaving Mercedes. The rumors are that he is either heading to McLaren as part of the Honda project or going back to Maranello to Ferrari.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25125831

We may also have 10 teams next season as Sauber is rumored to merge with Marussia

http://grandprix247.com/2013/11/28/marussia-could-merge-with-sauber-and-reduce-grid-to-10-f1-teams/

That would explain the Ferrari engine switch then.

F1 may push for bigger & permanent numbers as well

http://www.racer.com/f1-teams-pushing-for-permanent-numbers/article/323010/

I could see this happen, IMO its a better way to identify with the driver.

Last but not least...

and Mark Webber already getting to work so to speak

1477813_542778425799249_522411394_n.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

Archived