Open Wheel Racing Chat 2013

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I mentioned earlier, Penske's squad is going to be a deadly force to deal with. Montoya's skills, Castroneves abilities & Power's grit.... I can't wait for IndyCar next season. I'm still hoping Kannan will still be in IndyCar though. Somebody give this guy a ride. Although, I keep hearing rumors of him or Mayor Hinch going to Ganassi, if I'm Andretti & Ganassi, I'd start looking at Tony & James right now.

baltimoreravens.png

Like I mentioned earlier, Penske's squad is going to be a deadly force to deal with. Montoya's skills, Castroneves abilities & Power's grit.... I can't wait for IndyCar next season. I'm still hoping Kannan will still be in IndyCar though. Somebody give this guy a ride. Although, I keep hearing rumors of him or Mayor Hinch going to Ganassi, if I'm Andretti & Ganassi, I'd start looking at Tony & James right now.

There was also a VERY brief mentioning that Kanaan was looking at racing a few NASCAR races for Chip Ganassi or someone. I believe its unlikely, but anything can happen...

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

2014 United SportsCar Championship schedule unveiled:

(Races include all classes unless otherwise noted.)

1. Daytona (24 hours); Jan.25-26*

2. Sebring (12 hours); Mar. 15*

3. Long Beach (2 hours; P, GTLM only); Apr. 12

4. Laguna Seca (Monterey); May 4

5. Bellw Isle (Detroit) (P, PC, GTD only); May 31

6. Watkins Glen (6 hours); Jun. 29*

7. Mosport (Bowmanville); Jul. 13

8. Indianapolis; Jul. 25

9. Road America (Elkhart Lake); Aug. 10

10. Virginia International Raceway (near Danville) (PC, GTLM, GTD only; Standalone PC race); Aug. 24

11. Circuit of the Americas (Austin); Sep. 20

12. Road Atlanta (Braselton) (1000 miles/10hours [Whatever comes first]); Oct. 4*

*-Likely to be a part of the North American Endurance Championship (NAEC).

Thoughts?

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Well, its a bummer to see Lime Rock & Mid-Ohio are off but hey, its gotta start somewhere. Thank God Kansas isn't part of it but yet COTA is! Although, I noticed you forgot race 12 which is Road Atlanta. Otherwise, I'm happy with the schedule.

Now there are rumblings in the paddock. Rumors including that Uncle Bernie is close to stepping down because he hasn't bought a new motorhome, and that McLaren is close to naming their drivers & Alonso is back in the mix, even both sides deny it... Just like Ferrari denied Kimi was coming back... Just saying....

Uncle Bernie:

http://grandprix247.com/2013/09/20/formula-1-bracing-for-future-without-ecclestone-at-the-helm/

Fernando:

http://grandprix247.com/2013/09/20/mclaren-and-honda-targeting-alonso-for-2015/

baltimoreravens.png

Well, its a bummer to see Lime Rock & Mid-Ohio are off but hey, its gotta start somewhere. Thank God Kansas isn't part of it but yet COTA is! Although, I noticed you forgot race 12 which is Road Atlanta. Otherwise, I'm happy with the schedule.

Whoops, fixed it. (This is why it takes me nearly an hour to post here. Mistake like this. Oh well...)

To make up for it, next years Japanese Super GT500 cars, which shared technical regulations with the DTM (except with the engines):

Nissan GT-R:

Nissan_GT-R_NISMO_GT500_ver.2014.JPG

Acura NSX concept:

Honda_NSX_concept-GT_ver.2014.JPG

Lexus LF-CC:

Lexus_LF-CC_GT500_ver.2014.JPG
MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

No worries, I was wondering what race 12 was & thought, wait didn't they buy Road Atlanta?

The Super GT cars look amazing, well almost. I dunno what to think about Lexus' grille. The NSX is sick and I can't to see what the GTR will look like once it gets updated, maybe nothing but who knows. I'm kind of curious what BMW's DTM car will look like since its switching to an M4.

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for Singapore Results... Looks like Das Wunderkid is going to get his 4th title....

1. Vettel

2. Aolnso

3. Raikkonen

4. Rosberg

5. Hamilton

6. Massa

7. Button

8. Perez

9. Hulkenberg

10. Sutil

I honestly think no one can stop him now, the way he's going unless Seb really & I meant really, ends up with a bunch of DNF's he's got this in the bag.

baltimoreravens.png

BUMP

http://www.racer.com/indycar-confirms-road-race-at-indy-for-month-of-may/article/313611/

An IZOD IndyCar Series race will take place in May 2014 on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course, after approval of the event on Thursday during a meeting of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway board of directors.

The race will be contested on the opening weekend of Month of May activities at IMS leading into the 98th Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, May 25. It will be the first time the IndyCar Series has competed on the Speedway road course, which will undergo reconfiguration this fall and next spring to create more passing zones and fan-friendly vantage points.

baltimoreravens.png

BUMP

http://www.racer.com/indycar-confirms-road-race-at-indy-for-month-of-may/article/313611/

An IZOD IndyCar Series race will take place in May 2014 on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course, after approval of the event on Thursday during a meeting of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway board of directors.

The race will be contested on the opening weekend of Month of May activities at IMS leading into the 98th Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, May 25. It will be the first time the IndyCar Series has competed on the Speedway road course, which will undergo reconfiguration this fall and next spring to create more passing zones and fan-friendly vantage points.

Since this race is technically replacing the Baltimore race, shouldn't be called the "Mayflower Grand Prix of Indy"?

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

BUMP

I'll see y'all there.

6fQjS3M.png

BUMP

Since this race is technically replacing the Baltimore race, shouldn't be called the "Mayflower Grand Prix of Indy"?

Rimshot.gif

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

The 2014 F1 schedule

2014 Formula 1 world championship calendar:

*provisional

1. March 16 – Australia (Melbourne)
  2. March 30 – Malaysia (Sepang)
  3. April 6 – Bahrain
  4. April 20 – China
  5. *April 27 – Korea
  6. May 11 – Spain (Barcelona)
  7. May 25 – Monaco
  8. *June 1 – New Jersey
  9. June 8 – Canada (Montreal)
  10. June 22 – Austria (Spielberg)
  11. July 6 – Silverstone
  12. July 20 – Germany (Hockenheim)
  13. July 27 – Hungary (Budapest)
  14. Aug. 24 – Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
  15. Sept. 7 – Italy (Monza)
  16. Sept. 21 – Singapore
  17. Oct 5 – Russia (Sochi)
  18. Oct. 12 – Japan (Suzuka)
  19. Oct 26 – Abu Dhabi
  20. Nov 9 – United States (Austin)
  21. *Nov. 16 – Mexico (Mexico City)
  22. Nov 30 – Brazil (Sao Paulo)

Also the Concorde agreement is done, with improved financial needs...

http://grandprix247.com/2013/09/27/fia-signs-up-to-new-concorde-with-improved-financial-means/

There is also a announcement coming up @ Phoenix International Raceway. Rumors are saying that IndyCar is returning which would be great, but to only meet some bad news with IZOD as they will drop their name to the IndyCar series after this year

http://www.racer.com/indycar-confirms-izod-sponsorship-to-end-this-year/article/313790/

This just broke....

http://espn.go.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/9733121/tony-kanaan-moving-ganassi-racing

The Associated Press has learned that Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan will not return to KV Racing next season and is finalizing a deal to join Chip Ganassi Racing.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived