The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Meh. It's not like we were going to go 48 straight. I'm over it already. We'll start a new points streak on Sunday.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. It's not like we were going to go 48 straight. I'm over it already. We'll start a new points streak on Sunday.

Of course you will. You're playing Edmonton.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Of course you will. You're playing Edmonton.

Exactly my point.

Also, everyone save the date: there will be a baby boom in Vancouver 9 months from now. Sorry, bad joke.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Fasth back to form with a shutout. As a joint member in The Brotherhood of the Feather, I commend the Ducks for their back to back shutouts with two different goalies.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Congratulations to the Colorado Avalanche on their Highlight of the Decade.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Colorado Avalanche were just a fad that went out of style by about 2002. They're basically the Old Navy fleece vests of sports. I congratulate them on their Stanley Cup of sorts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really hate the Honda Center.

16 wins in a row in Anaheim over Calgary. 10 home wins in a row. Back to back shutouts with two goalies.

I like these Ducks. I do. I do.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Damn you, Denver!!! Other than the defending Cup champs, the 'Hawks were the goodride story of this post-lockout season. Here comes Colorado, however, and the Avs break Chicago's heart and spirit, 6-2. Back to irrelevancy goes the NHL.

Silly mortal!

This is just a sign that you must accept the Miami Heat as the best team ever for they are endowed with our Lord and Savior LeBron James! Now bow to the Heat and bow to heavenly father!!

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

If the Hawks just win their two Ducks games outright and avoid any huge losing streaks, they should be fine in the second half of the season. Sharp being out for a month+ is troubling, but Bowman was probably going to shore up the top six anyway, and it's not like he was carrying the team. I'm eager to see Jeremy Morin slot in on the second line in the meantime. He's doing rather well in the AHL. Yes, it'd be two rookies in the top six, but if it works, it works, and if it doesn't, bump up Frolik or Kruger or heaven forbid Carcillo.

How many people in Denver actually saw this win? Like 4000?

There was a weirdly sizable Blackhawks fan invasion at the game, and it does appear that the Avalanche have derped themselves into market irrelevance. Wednesday night's game on NBCSN - you know, that channel "no one gets and/or no one can find" - drew a 7.0 rating in Chicago. It pulled a 0.9 in Denver.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

16 wins in a row in Anaheim over Calgary. 10 home wins in a row. Back to back shutouts with two goalies.

January 19th, 2004 (Not Including our one playoff victory there in April 06) Funny enough Iginla and Kiprusoff were both hurt during that game. Toni Lydman was the only player in that game yesterday that was on the ice for it and Martin Gelinas Flames assistant coach, scored the GWG.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

There was a weirdly sizable Blackhawks fan invasion at the game, and it does appear that the Avalanche have derped themselves into market irrelevance. Wednesday night's game on NBCSN - you know, that channel "no one gets and/or no one can find" - drew a 7.0 rating in Chicago. It pulled a 0.9 in Denver.

The Hawks always seem to draw well in Denver. And yeah, turns out that the fine people of greater Denver aren't really into a hockey team when it's not the best team money can buy. Sounds like that other major new-growth American city that had a contending and Cup-winning team dropped in from above. Too bad; Denver should be a strong spot on the league's footprint what with its general winter sportiness and all. Should've gotten an expansion team. The goddamn Predators have put down better roots than the Avs have.

How many people in Denver actually saw this win? Like 4000?

When I was in Denver I got the sense that people liked the Avs, but when they spoke about them it was all in the past tense. They were very spoiled by being handed a dynasty and now anything short of that just seems boring by comparison.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Hawks always seem to draw well in Denver. And yeah, turns out that the fine people of greater Denver aren't really into a hockey team when it's not the best team money can buy. Sounds like that other major new-growth American city that had a contending and Cup-winning team dropped in from above. Too bad; Denver should be a strong spot on the league's footprint what with its general winter sportiness and all. Should've gotten an expansion team. The goddamn Predators have put down better roots than the Avs have.

I think it has more to do with the management of the Av's drawing anyone willing to pay to see the team play (butts in seats sales principles) than to cater to hockey fans (most of whom believe the value of the ticket is not equal to on ice performance). I am a fan of the Av's, but I've found a better value for my money lies in going to the new minor league team (the Denver Cutthroats) that caters to hockey fans and draw respectable numbers, I find the experience is a lot better (win or lose) at those games.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Unfortunately, the CHL is probably going to go kablooey this offseason, so enjoy those Cutthroats games while you can.

If the Cutthroats management is a well organized as I think it is, the team will probably join another minor league (AA) system, if the CHL goes under (which I find interesting since they are supposedly expanding next season).

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

They're "expanding" to Brampton, because apparently everybody needs an Abbotsford nowadays. But it could very well turn out that Brampton is becoming the 6th team in the CHL, rather than the 11th.

January 19th, 2004 (Not Including our one playoff victory there in April 06) Funny enough Iginla and Kiprusoff were both hurt during that game. Toni Lydman was the only player in that game yesterday that was on the ice for it and Martin Gelinas Flames assistant coach, scored the GWG.

Wait, what? I thought that playoff series was a straight home sweep games 1-6 until Anaheim won Game 7 in Calgary.

spacer.png

Archived