The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Well I either let you lose to the Canucks and keep the record to ourselves. But then you're mad.

Or let you win tonight, but lose to the Sharks on Friday and we can share. But then the Sharks win.

Or let you keep winning and lose the record all together. But then the Ducks lose the record.

So really, no offense, I don't like living in a world where having the Sharks win is part of any plan. And I like records.

So... Neener :P

c5yjHU4.gif

I don't like living in a world where the Canucks win hockey games, but it's the nature of things. At least the Blackhawks and Ducks both know that their rivals are missing what makes arguments relevant.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the Blackhawks and Ducks both know that their rivals are missing what makes arguments relevant.

The Kings?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

At least the Blackhawks and Ducks both know that their rivals are missing what makes arguments relevant.

The Kings?

I was specifically talking Canucks and Sharks, but dammit, man. My mini-text cannot be unfounded!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

*drops mic*

The Kings?

Yeah. But all thats needed right now is the Pacific Division standings. First place, Last place, Done.

And I've always considered (and from some of the players comments, they have too) the Sharks as the Ducks' biggest on-ice rival. Ducks/Kings has been mostly a fan rivalry for a while. The energy from the fans is starting to finally come over the boards and in the actual game play, but its still building. If I had to deal with more Sharks fans in a daily context, I may hate them more, but eh. I deal with enough. I don't need the "2008-2009, 2009-2010 Western Conference Regular Season Champions" barking up my tree more often than needed.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Look at it this way: if the Blackhawks tie the record, there's a 50% chance it's because the Canucks lost. That's something we can all celebrate, right?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Henrik "We actually won the series 5-2" Sedin already popped off on twitter saying that he's glad the Canucks will get to break the Hawks' streak. That little creep is getting mouthier in his old age, but still, I expect that kind of talk from Bieksa, not a Sedin.

So. How many pages will the NHL thread grow on this, a Hawks-Canucks day?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Henrik "We actually won the series 5-2" Sedin already popped off on twitter saying that he's glad the Canucks will get to break the Hawks' streak. That little creep is getting mouthier in his old age, but still, I expect that kind of talk from Bieksa, not a Sedin.

So. How many pages will the NHL thread grow on this, a Hawks-Canucks day?

I'm going to do my best to keep my thoughts to twitter and out of this thread, but who knows. When it comes to CHI/VAN the NHL Thread is never safe.

twitter

@Still Mighty - I've seen more than a few "beej" jerseys in the crowd tonight. Blue Jackets Fever! There is no cure... :hockeysmiley:

I saw like 6 or 7 in the building (And two whole CJB/Bug jerseys! :lol: ) Impressive showing considering, I mean, it is the Beej, and a Monday. (Hell, from an Anaheim perspective. Close to 15,000 for a Beej Monday? Great job guys!)

The Beej may not be all that good, but they certainly are feisty. I'll give you that. There is a certain lovable loser quality to this Beej team than other full craptastic, but hey Rick Nash Beej teams.

Right?

They have this "aww bless their hearts" factor because they really really try, but they just don't have talent on the same level. Even as bad as their record is, It's refreshing to watch after last season's disaster. Eff Jeff Carter forever.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Dubinsky is a guy I always wanted on the Hawks, and I've liked Anisimov ever since the league rose up and threatened to draw and quarter him for daring to be happy. Shine on, you crazy diamond. James Wisniewski is a piece of crap, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

GARBAGE officials in Denver today. What is so trivial about making offsides reviewable when a goal is scored? He was offsides by a friggin mile, and the linesman is standing right there on the line and allowed it.

BDamJUlCIAAFqLe.jpg

I... I don't even know how to describe how awful this game is.

(sig not withstanding) After looking at the replay, the puck deflected off a Nashville defender before Duchene corralled it with his stick. Therefore no off sides call needed to be made.

Show me the jargon where it clearly states that in the rule book.

Sigh.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26497

83.2 Deflections / Rebounds – When a defending player propels the puck out of his defending zone and the puck clearly rebounds off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone, all attacking players are eligible to play the puck. However, any action by an attacking player that causes a deflection/rebound off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone (i.e. stick check, body check, physical contact), a delayed off-side shall be signaled by the Linesman.

The NHL admits blown non-call error.

GARBAGE officials in Denver today. What is so trivial about making offsides reviewable when a goal is scored? He was offsides by a friggin mile, and the linesman is standing right there on the line and allowed it.

BDamJUlCIAAFqLe.jpg

I... I don't even know how to describe how awful this game is.

(sig not withstanding) After looking at the replay, the puck deflected off a Nashville defender before Duchene corralled it with his stick. Therefore no off sides call needed to be made.

Show me the jargon where it clearly states that in the rule book.

Sigh.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26497

83.2 Deflections / Rebounds – When a defending player propels the puck out of his defending zone and the puck clearly rebounds off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone, all attacking players are eligible to play the puck. However, any action by an attacking player that causes a deflection/rebound off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone (i.e. stick check, body check, physical contact), a delayed off-side shall be signaled by the Linesman.

The NHL admits blown non-call error.

The NHL really needs to either allow a coach's challenge (ala the NFL) or a review of all goals (plays leading up to goals) and get the call right (or more often right). Its silly to say you screwed up after the fact and have the call stand anyway.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

The NHL really needs to either allow a coach's challenge (ala the NFL) or a review of all goals (plays leading up to goals) and get the call right (or more often right). Its silly to say you screwed up after the fact and have the call stand anyway.

Agreed. Why can't offsides be reviewed on a goal? What is so difficult about that? If you have the technology and are going to use it, use it in every facet of the game. They are just putting officials in compromising situations (like this) by not implementing video review for things like this.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

@Still Mighty - I've seen more than a few "beej" jerseys in the crowd tonight. Blue Jackets Fever! There is no cure... :hockeysmiley:

I saw like 6 or 7 in the building (And two whole CJB/Bug jerseys! :lol: ) Impressive showing considering, I mean, it is the Beej, and a Monday. (Hell, from an Anaheim perspective. Close to 15,000 for a Beej Monday? Great job guys!)

The Beej may not be all that good, but they certainly are feisty. I'll give you that. There is a certain lovable loser quality to this Beej team than other full craptastic, but hey Rick Nash Beej teams.

Right?

They have this "aww bless their hearts" factor because they really really try, but they just don't have talent on the same level. Even as bad as their record is, It's refreshing to watch after last season's disaster. Eff Jeff Carter forever.

Well if LA keeps up their current pace that first-round pick they got for Carter could end up softening your heart a little (not to mention the other two first round picks they have, including the potential first overall, in what's supposed to be a very deep draft; boy Kekalainen got hired at the right time).

Archived