The Lightning wins oodles of awards

CrookedThumb

"I'd rather have Oodles of Noodles."

Or Cup O'Noodles!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

On a related note, I was in Tampa on Wednesday and Thursday (I missed the parade by an hour but did see the lingering effects since my hotel was across the street from the St. Pete Times Forum. From my perspective, it seemed like the city really got behind this team - hopefully this will be a sustained following, even if the team can't contend for the Cup every year. From what I heard from many of the local businesspeople I spoke to, interest in youth hockey is way up and there are a number of indoor rinks throughout town that run leagues year round. Anyone who doubts that hockey doesn't work in the sunbelt should spend a couple of days in Tampa. I was a bit surprised and very impressed.

Anyone who doubts that hockey doesn't work in the sunbelt should spend a couple of days in Tampa. I was a bit surprised and very impressed.

I'd agree more wholeheartedly, but then I've seen what happened with the Panthers after their Cup loss and the Ducks last year after their loss.

It's unfortunate, but I foresee the Bucs and the lockout making people forget all about Say-Loo-ee, Luh-Ca-val-yay, Ha-bee-boo-lin and company.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

OK, Maybe I can understand McCauley getting "robbed", but why Wilson? Sutter used a system to make a moderate team great, and Torts brought up a team to the top spot in the league.

Good point, but with all the Top 5 draft picks in the NHL draft, Torts had some good stuff to work with. I'm not saying I hate the Bolts however, as I am a fan of any team my hometown former NHL player Craig Janney played for. Sutter however, transformed moderate players into a team with Stanley Cup potential. However, i don't think the Flames will make the playoffs next year.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm surprised that Tortorella won the Adams, I'd've gone for Wilson or Sutter (a toss-up for me). St. Louis was definitely the best choice for MVP. Not so sure about Brodeur for the Vezina; Kiprusoff would have probably gotten my vote. And, while Niedermayer has always been a top-notch defenseman, I'd've probably picked Chara for Norris for this year; however, I can see why Niedermayer got the nod, having to carry a big part of the Devils' defensive load when Stevens went down. And, Draper was definitely deserving of the Selke, conspiracy theory notwithstanding.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Brodeur winning the Vezina was garbage.

Since starting the season as the No. 3 goalie in San Jose, Kipprusoff had the lowest goals against average (1.69) in the NHL since World War II.

That on a team that is not nearly as defensively-oriented as Jersey, and without Jersey's All-Star (and Norris Trophy-winning) defensemen.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Brodeur winning the Vezina was garbage.

Since starting the season as the No. 3 goalie in San Jose, Kipprusoff had the lowest goals against average (1.69) in the NHL since World War II.

That on a team that is not nearly as defensively-oriented as Jersey, and without Jersey's All-Star (and Norris Trophy-winning) defensemen.

But Kipper only played 38 games... less than half the season.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Like I told Habs via PM, I thought with the turnaround that the Sharks had not just from '02-'03 to '03-'04 but with the extremely slow start the Sharks had in October. Plus they didn't win a home game until late November. To do that without a mega star like Owen Nolan or Teemu Selanne like they had in the past and break franchise records in points (104) and wins (43) with a team coming together to spread the offense around.

Also note I am not trying to take away the accomplishments that Sutter and Tortorella, I'm just saying the Sharks started real slow and came back from nowhere to win the Pacific Division and have the 4th best point total in the league.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

dont worry in 4 or 5 years he will be teh best goalie in teh league and bruins will win teh cup..if jaccobs isnt to cheap to sign him ever again

No he won't be. Fleury and Luongo are both IMO better than he is currently, and I predict they will be at that time as well. Not to say Raycroft doesn't have a very bright future, I just don't see him being better than both Fleury and Luongo.

On a related note, we have a suspected alter-ego for NJTank...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived