Bizarre/Unusual Numbers on Jerseys

kloo

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I "misremembered" but I believe your banned too- here's the board admin telling you he's tired of your spam- hope some admin here would do the same.

I remember you were banned on the old jersey central board before it went offline

I can't get the damn URL to work here on my phone- accept my apologies while I google it for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.projerseytalk.com%2Fmlb-jersey-talk%2Fv-neck-pullover-jersey-sansabelt-knickers-thread!%2F}

My birthday is just fine- being up at whatever time I like is part of being a grown up. As matter of fact I stay up to 4am every morning.

If creating fictional lists of places of where I've been "banned" makes you feel better, great. Another part of being a "grown up" is accepting the fact that not everyone is going to share the same beliefs as you. I have, in contrast, you throw slanderous hissy fits. Happy Birthday.

Is it only in basketball that 00 and 0 is allowed ?

You mean on the same team?
Yes............but btw, both 0 and 00 is not allowed in MLB anymore, right ?
0 was worn this season by a Mets player

Brian Wilson (LAD) is wearing 00; Brennan Boesch (LAA) wore 00 before he was sent down to the minors.

Adam Ottavino (COL) is wearing 0; Omar Quintanilla (NYM) wore 0 before he was sent down to the minors.

Also, the 1985 Blue Jays had a 0 (Al Oliver) and a 00 (Cliff Johnson).

2lth4t2.jpg

(From 10/5/85 game on the YouTubes.)

I hope it's a v-neck pullover.

Bny8dqzIcAAxNLW.jpg

There's something I'd like to pullover your neck and follow up by kicking the computer chair out from under you- but it's not one of those little league jerseys.

Boom.

Happy Birthday, I hope you got your free passes to see the Marlins take BP. Oh yeah, stop lying about the places where I've been "banned".
Actually the Marlins have a good offense. I'd kove to see Stanton and Ozuna hit BP. Now the Astros are a bad team to see hit.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Assuming the site I found was right, there's only one number that has been worn by only one person in the NHL: Brian Lawton #98

I think the story behind that number is that Brian Lawton, the #1 overall pick, said he'd be just shy of being as good as Gretzky (or maybe that was the North Stars brass that said that one). He was a bust.

He switched to #8 eventually. That number was later retired for Bill Goldsworthy, who played in the 70s.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Is it only in basketball that 00 and 0 is allowed ?

You mean on the same team?
Yes............but btw, both 0 and 00 is not allowed in MLB anymore, right ?
0 was worn this season by a Mets player
I believe a Rockies player named Ottovino is wearing 0 too.

I hope it's a v-neck pullover.

Bny8dqzIcAAxNLW.jpg

There's something I'd like to pullover your neck and follow up by kicking the computer chair out from under you- but it's not one of those little league jerseys.

Boom.

Happy Birthday, I hope you got your free passes to see the Marlins take BP. Oh yeah, stop lying about the places where I've been "banned".
Actually the Marlins have a good offense. I'd kove to see Stanton and Ozuna hit BP. Now the Astros are a bad team to see hit.

Especially odd considering home team BP is closed to the public and only for a select few. I'm going to have fun tonight.

is there really no league were it´s forbidden with 0 and 00 ? .when was the last time a NHL player wore those numbers ?

I believe a goalie wore 00 this season.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Jack Sprague, #0, circa 2003

0netzero-front.jpg

sponsors effecting car numbers is much more common then you think. Take Cale Yarborough's team for instance, They started with #29 and funding from Hardees, this lasted from 1987-1989, then the team had funding from Phillips 66 and TropArctic from 1990 - 1992. For 1993 they started off as an unsponsored #66 Ford, but they gained last second sponsor in Bojangles. after Race 1 they changed the number to #98 due to a 98 cent Promotion at Bojangles.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

is there really no league were it´s forbidden with 0 and 00 ? .when was the last time a NHL player wore those numbers ?

Unless they recently changed the rule, 00 is banned in the NHL. I have no idea if it's true, but I've heard some dumb excuse about the 00 messing with the NHL's computer systems. Again, I'm not saying that's true... just that it's a story that's been passed around.

The last player to wear 00 was Marty Biron circa 95-96.

72555158_display_image.jpg?1324501048

biron_00.jpg

Edit: And in case anyone was wondering, fractions, decimals and three digit numbers are specifically banned in the NHL rule book.

Unless they recently changed the rule, 00 is banned in the NHL. I have no idea if it's true, but I've heard some dumb excuse about the 00 messing with the NHL's computer systems. Again, I'm not saying that's true... just that it's a story that's been passed around.

biron_00.jpg

Edit: And in case anyone was wondering, fractions, decimals and three digit numbers are specifically banned in the NHL rule book.

So can somebody be a 4 digit number ?

biron_00.jpg

So can somebody be a 4 digit number ?

It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Archived