New NASL Team To Be Ottawa Fury FC; Contest Will Let Fans Help Select Logo

Brian in Boston

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

And here it is, unveiled during the Champions League final:

942131_533558456708367_917991766_n.jpg

I like it. Maybe they heard the criticisms of Ottawa not being tied into the logo and modified it because of that. I would have like it better if they had dropped Ottawa into the crest as opposed to tacking it on top though.

Needs more beaver. I always thought the trillium has been underutilized as well.

Apart from political parties and provincial government agencies, is it ever used?

Also, everyone needs more beaver....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Needs more beaver. I always thought the trillium has been underutilized as well.

While I do feel that the trillium is underused in logos, it makes more sense for a Toronto team. Toronto is the provincial capital and the Ottawa area kind of exists in a bubble that's not quite part of the rest of Ontario. Because it's the national capital it makes more sense to use the maple leaf. I've always thought that a loon would make a great design element for an Ottawa team (but not one called the Loons, the jokes would be too easy).

• 2 months later...

I'm liking the halved home and away option too, although I think the shorts look rather daft - they need a solid coloured pair.

They'd surely need a third strip as well with this option, as there's a lot of red on both the home and away.

Archived