New NASL Team To Be Ottawa Fury FC; Contest Will Let Fans Help Select Logo

Brian in Boston

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect it's the second-coolest summer in the league (behind Edmonton).

You're probably right about this, but that does not mean it's not hot. I was watching the FC Ed game last week and it was about 30 degrees. The players were clearly feeling it in their all black kits. The commentators were also talking about how the artificial turf can create very warm conditions at field level. Considering NASL is played primarily in the summer (despite the season names) I don't think any team would want to willingly put themselves at a disadvantage.

You're probably right about this, but that does not mean it's not hot. I was watching the FC Ed game last week and it was about 30 degrees. The players were clearly feeling it in their all black kits. The commentators were also talking about how the artificial turf can create very warm conditions at field level. Considering NASL is played primarily in the summer (despite the season names) I don't think any team would want to willingly put themselves at a disadvantage.

30 degrees is pretty cold to me

30 degrees is pretty cold to me

Celsius?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Just pointing out the silliness of complaining about Ottawa being hot in the summer.

There are several days where it can stretch 45, withor without the humidity, usually it's around 27-35 with a lot of humidity.

I'd say it can get a bit hot.

Given that most of the league is quite south of Ottawa, saying that it gets hot there doesn't make it unique in any way.

Edmonton wearing black is stupid, of course. Their inaugural look was classy:

2011+Rowdies+FC+Edmonton.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Given that most of the league is quite south of Ottawa, saying that it gets hot there doesn't make it unique in any way.

Agreed. The line I was taking with that comment was more a question of whether any soccer team which plays primarily in summer in a hot climate should be wearing black? Is it enough of a disadvantage to warrant having no black kits whatsoever?

Anyways, just a thought. We've gotten somewhat off topic I think.

Agreed. The line I was taking with that comment was more a question of whether any soccer team which plays primarily in summer in a hot climate should be wearing black? Is it enough of a disadvantage to warrant having no black kits whatsoever?

Anyways, just a thought. We've gotten somewhat off topic I think.

the thing is a black shirt wont make you hotter if it's loose, when it's loose the air between you and the shirt moving around will cool you off, and you aren't feeling the heat that gets absorbed by the black

• 3 weeks later...

Archived