New NASL Team To Be Ottawa Fury FC; Contest Will Let Fans Help Select Logo

Brian in Boston

Ottawa Entertainment and Sports Group partner John Pugh has announced that Ottawa Fury FC will be the name of the city's entry in the North American Soccer League.

Downstream Design of Portland, Oregon is in the process of developing a number of team branding concepts for the franchise. Pugh said that Ottawa Fury FC will soon launch a campaign for Ottawa soccer fans that will allow them "to actually select - with Downstream's help - the official logo that our team will proudly wear for generations to come." Details of that contest will be announced in the coming weeks.

Scarves handed out at the event featured the colors (pardon, colours) Red, Black and White.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a lame name... but I like the continuity. Hopefully their new logo will be many, many kilometers (;)) better than their old one.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I really hope they don't have a maple leaf in their logo. Yes, its a team in Canada, but the maple leaf is being done to death. But if an American company is used to design the name, logo & brand, then I'll wager dollars to doughnuts that there will be a Maple Leaf, because we all know that Canadians are defined by nothing else.

^I hear you, but Ottawa is their capital. If anything, it's the one city whose teams should use a maple leaf.

He is right. This is why I don't get the leaf on Blue Jays, on MLS TFC, even the NHL Flames shoud not have a canadian flag, what's for? I am okay with the NHL Maple Leafs for obvious reasons. To the extent, after reflexion, the Winnipeg Jets logo is OK.

Now, Ottawa could use a leaf because it is the capital city.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure about this. The top one's a beauty, but it also has a clicheed maple leaf in it. The last one's nifty with the flame making the shape of an "F," but as another poster said, it's not really suitable for soccer. The second one's probably the least of the three evils.

2 is good.

3 is also good but looks more like a wordmark.

I don't like 1... maybe if it was just the shield it would be OK, but the rest of that stuff above it makes it look amateurish.

And as a Winnipegger, give us back our name! Can't you people in Ottawa go an entire century without stealing another city's team name?

WinnipegFuryCSL.GIF

Now that the official options have been released I decided to play around with what could be different. I borrowed the loon from the new Minnesota United mark, made some alterations and worked it out.

I wish Canadian teams used more of the local fauna, instead of the flora we're all plenty sick of. Moose, caribou, beavers, LOONS...any animal on a Canadian coin really.

Anyways, now we have wings and F's, and loons can be Furious...right? If this is well received I'll make enough alterations that it is way away from what Minnesota introduced, something original and of course post in the CONCEPTS forum.

Picture8_zps345aeca6.png

Archived