2013 NBA Playoffs

JMurr

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the TNT show. The ESPN one is pretty bad though. Jalen Rose spent a career with a scowl on his face, so it's disarming to see him smile all the time. Simmons doesn't belong on TV and Wilbon is overexposed.

It's been a decade of NBA on ESPN/ABC and they still haven't figured out how to do it. Isn't Hannah Storm still under contract? Don't they have Walton? Costas will never make the switch, but ESPN should sign as much of the NBC crew as they can and do what works.

And it goes without saying that "Roundball Rock" needs to come back.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Whoever decided he'd be great on TV should be fired. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard and if they had actually read any of his horrible columns, they'd have realized just how big a Celtics homer he is.

TNT's better by default, but even they're overrated. Shaq is even worse than Simmons, and I don't get why everyone still likes Barkley. His "grumpy old man" act has jumped the shark, and his takes get worse by the year. Just this year alone, he spent all season alternating between whining about the alleged death of halfcourt offense and picking Denver (a transition team with ZERO halfcourt offense) as a threat to come out of the West. You can tell Shaq and Chuck hate each other too, so it's awkward to watch now.

I dunno, the pending episode where Barkley transforms Shaq into a basketball and throws him through a window could be good television.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm reading Simmons' Basketball Book right now. I'll summarize 500 pages for you: Cocaine and Celtics.

There's only so much Sports Guy you can take.

I read it in 2011 as a book to kill off a lot of travel time, and it succeeded in that respect, but it's not really good writing so much as there's just a lot of it. I mean, I guess with something like that you're just supposed to sit back and let the prose wash over you, but I shouldn't want to take a shower afterward.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jalen's probably the least objectionable part of ESPN's NBA coverage

That's saying something too. Everyone on that set is a complete buffoon, and an even bigger homer (maybe excluding Rose). I can't even watch Wilbon on PTI anymore he's gotten so intolerable, Magic acts like a know-it-all because of his playing career, and you guys pretty much hit the nail on the head with Simmons. Remember these are the same guys that just a few weeks ago debated why LeBron doesn't have many TV ads minutes after a playoff game that I'm pretty sure didn't even involve the Heat.

Personally, I like TNT more. Only because I love watching Shaq. He's fantastic.

They're all good. It's three guys that had great NBA careers that are charismatic and not afraid to say bad things about the current crop of players. It's markedly different than most other analyst shows. They're outspoken, but I also think they're fair.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Spurs fans are the most spoiled? :blink:

I thought it was Laker fans since we are realistically, the only franchise that can say any year that doesn't result in a title is a failure. We expect to win a title, every season. Talk about spoiled.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Personally, I like TNT more. Only because I love watching Shaq. He's fantastic.

They're all good. It's three guys that had great NBA careers that are charismatic and not afraid to say bad things about the current crop of players. It's markedly different than most other analyst shows. They're outspoken, but I also think they're fair.

I find Shaq's presence disruptive after all these years. He's like a big black Cousin Oliver.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

To your chagrin, however, he ended up being pretty much dead-on about the Clippers being a non-threat.

True, and he was right about the Knicks as well, but for every take he nails, he has five awful ones.

Kinda like you and all your rush-to-judgment statements about how games/seasons will go.

TNT's studio coverage is hella entertaining. I'm not a big basketball fan, but those four sure do make me want to tune in each week.

It sucks for Knicks fans because I think everyone knows this was the best chance this team as is was ever going to get to win an NBA title.

The only thing I think the Knicks can hope for is Amar'e doing the team a favor and taking a pay cut or even better just retiring. He'll be lucky to play 30 games next year and even more lucky if in 25 years he can still walk. Cap wise they are screwed until 2015 if that doesn't happen and they aren't getting any lottery picks either, so you may see a return of the Marbury era Knicks at least in terms of how good they were in two or three years.

The Knicks are the Toronto Maple Leafs of basketball.

That is how I can read this without it feeling like a kick in the nuts. I am so damn used to disappointment.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I wonder if the Heat remember what it's like to play basketball. It's been about a year since their last game.

Why so long in between games? And why start three days after the WCF?

If Phil Jackson goes to the Clippers I'll eat my hat. He'll only coach transcendent talent and I'm not convinced Chris Paul is that.

I would like, however, for the Lakers to tell Howard to shove it, sign Paul, and start the two surliest players in the NBA on the same time. It'd be like the AP class of the league, with Kobe and Chris Paul pointing at all the dunderheads throughout the league.

I hope the Clippers know a lot that we don't, namely, who's next got their team. Van Gundy has taken a pass at returning, I don't think Jackson will take the job (though am prepared to be surprised), and I think the bloom is forever off the Larry Brown rose. Maybe they bring in Byron Scott? Works for me.

Archived