Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

Season series:

CHI 5 - 2 LA, "cup hangover"

LA 2 - 3 CHI, 3-0 just under a minute into the 2nd. Fun fact: The Kings got their first goal exactly 20 minutes after Chicago's final goal.

LA 4 - 5 CHI, 2-2 with a minute to go in the 2nd, 3-3 before the third, and the Kings overcame a 4-3 deficit in the final period to take the win.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, hockey is kind of a greenhouse sport where once we enter its ether, there's really no way out.

How else do you think schmucks like us still watch a league every night that has done nothing but put us through lockouts and this ever-inane situation in Glendale?

We're past the point of no return. Our ultimate demises will probably come watching our teams.

spacer.png

Season series:

CHI 5 - 2 LA, "cup hangover"

LA 2 - 3 CHI, 3-0 just under a minute into the 2nd. Fun fact: The Kings got their first goal exactly 20 minutes after Chicago's final goal.

LA 4 - 5 CHI, 2-2 with a minute to go in the 2nd, 3-3 before the third, and the Kings overcame a 4-3 deficit in the final period to take the win.

I loved that final game!! :pounds glass:

spacer.png

When the Kings were blowing through the playoffs last year. Good a time as any to pick up the Clippers' roommate.

:censored:, I wish I'd known it was that easy. I feel silly for wasting all those years on the Rangers.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Welp. Thanks for nothing, Wings - now LA will be facing back-to-back road games against their worst possible matchup. Going to be extremely tough to make it back to the Cup Finals.

When did you become a hockey fan?

I was a casual fan for a couple years but I've gotten more into hockey in general the more I've watched.

And you just happened to become a Kings fan. So that worked out well, eh?

BB52Big.jpg

I love hockey. Of course, it's great that my team won, but I love being "in the moment" like you can only really get during overtime hockey in an elimination game. Holding your breath on every pass in front of your net, knowing that any deflection could end your season. A half hour has passed and my heart is still beating like a rabbit's. What a sport.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I love hockey. Of course, it's great that my team won, but I love being "in the moment" like you can only really get during overtime hockey in an elimination game. Holding your breath on every pass in front of your net, knowing that any deflection could end your season. A half hour has passed and my heart is still beating like a rabbit's. What a sport.

If there is anything in all of sports that's better than an OT in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, I haven't run across it. (Night 162 in 2011 maybe)

BB52Big.jpg

God bless you, Zetterberg.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They deserved it, congrats to the Blackhawks as much as I dislike them. Great hockey is definitely ahead :)

Haha, your avatar.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I wonder if Team 1040 strategically overdubbed Wiedeman's pbp so it would be like "Seabrook passes it across to Duncan Keith, who [HATES WOMEN] over to Toews, shot, blockered away by Howard, kicked back to Keith, who takes a shot at [WOMEN] that goes just wide. Keith tries to control [THE PATRIARCHY] along the half-boards, loses control of [HIS RAMPANT MISOGYNY] as the Wings clear and Kronwall checks [HIS PRIVILEGE]"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived