Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

You know, I've never been a huge "CROSBY IS A BITCH" fellow, but what he did to Rask, that was a bitch move.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In what universe is Cooke's hit a five and a game, but Marchand's isn't?

Boston seems content to goon it up this series.

The Cooke hit was at full speed and with the body, Marchand's was just a shove. And Cooke has a really bad history.

That last scrum was instigated by Iginla. This should be an interesting third period.

In what universe is Cooke's hit a five and a game, but Marchand's isn't?

Boston seems content to goon it up this series.

The Cooke hit was at full speed and with the body, Marchand's was just a shove. And Cooke has a really bad history.

Maz, c'mon man. They were both 2-5-10. Didn't get called that way. Clearly you took a bathroom break at the buzzer or you're still utterly homeristic (is that a word?).

Cooke was going with the two Boston players into the boards. His momentum carried him. It was a board and a half, yes, and fine give him five because he is Cooke. But it is a routine boarding going with the flow of the play and at that point you set a precedent. Marchand went out of his way to cross check a stationary Neal face first into the boards with obvious malicious intent. I'm at the game, it all happened directly in front of me.

You know, being so quick to call homerism doesn't reflect well upon the accuser.

oBIgzrL.png

Cooke was going with the two Boston players into the boards. His momentum carried him. It was a board and a half, yes, and fine give him five because he is Cooke. But it is a routine boarding going with the flow of the play and at that point you set a precedent. Marchand went out of his way to cross check a stationary Neal face first into the boards with obvious malicious intent. I'm at the game, it all happened directly in front of me.

You know, being so quick to call homerism doesn't reflect well upon the accuser.

Yes, I've been the consummate homer throughout this tread, please.

Maybe since you're at the game you aren't afforded the constant and varrying replays we at home are. It was a dirty it, plain and simple. There's no such thing as "routine" boarding in 2013. I agree they set the precedent and should've called Marchand's hit consistent to Cooke's, but don't justify it by going with the flow.

EDIT: And at this point isn't Marchand a marked man? If he isn't, he should've been before this hit. He's a dirty player, not as famously as Cooke of course, but regardless. I'm surprised he was gifted only 2 minutes.

Obviously I'm biased, but I try to be as objective as possible. On TV, Cooke's hit looked a lot worse than Marchand's. Marchy made a stupid play and should have gotten 5 for it, but I've seen him make similar hits before. The thing that made it bad was that it was close to the boards and to the back. I think that if that happened in a different place on the ice and to the side, not back, then it is only 2 for interference, max. Cooke has a much worse history, which means he probably gets a one game suspension and Marchy gets a fine.

I wasn't justifying anything, I was explaining the difference. A board is a board. My gripe was concerned with the uneven handling of the penalties.

And jeez, I could probably take a :censored: on a Crosby jersey and sock Malkin in the face and you guys would still call me a homer.

oBIgzrL.png

I wasn't justifying anything, I was explaining the difference. A board is a board. My gripe was concerned with the uneven handling of the penalties.

Then we're arguing about agreeing? Okay then. Carry on.

Like the kings have a tendency for 1-0 games to get very interesting late, the Bruins have a similar tendency for 3 goal (+games) leads/deficits

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived